Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
About an hour after my post I finally got the call that I was admitted! Here are some of my stats for those who are interested:

Applied - 10/13
Invited to interview - 11/9
Interviewed - 11/29
Admitted - 12/15

My interviewer was very friendly and asked every standard interview question imaginable. These included describe a typical day at work, strengths, weaknesses, examples of failures and accomplishments, walk me through your resume, why change jobs/companies, why an MBA, why Stern, and what questions do I have for her. Lasted just under 30 minutes. It was a lot of questions, but there weren't really any curveballs, so if you are prepared you should be good to go.

Good luck everyone!

PS - My application status online is still blank, so just be aware you may receive a phone call before that is updated with your decision...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
daf263 wrote:
About an hour after my post I finally got the call that I was admitted! Here are some of my stats for those who are interested:

Applied - 10/13
Invited to interview - 11/9
Interviewed - 11/29
Admitted - 12/15

My interviewer was very friendly and asked every standard interview question imaginable. These included describe a typical day at work, strengths, weaknesses, examples of failures and accomplishments, walk me through your resume, why change jobs/companies, why an MBA, why Stern, and what questions do I have for her. Lasted just under 30 minutes. It was a lot of questions, but there weren't really any curveballs, so if you are prepared you should be good to go.

Good luck everyone!

PS - My application status online is still blank, so just be aware you may receive a phone call before that is updated with your decision...

Thank you for this valuable information! Helps to get a better overview of the admissions process and dates. Congratulations for your admission!!!
Am invited to interview in January, and just called a first-year Sternie to get more familiar with the school culture. From what I heard, it sounds like a great experience!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ramp275 wrote:
daf263 wrote:
I interviewed a little over two weeks ago. Early yesterday morning the Application Status page changed from "Interview Complete" along with a short paragraph on how admissions is in the final stage of reviewing my application, to completely blank. The only thing now appearing on that page is my applicant reference number.

I figured this meant I would hear something yesterday, but now it's been over 24 hours and nothing has changed. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I'm on the same boat - except it changed this morning. I was tempted to post the change here but I'm trying to stay away from checking results (quite unsuccessfully).

I'm in. Got a call from the ad-com who interviewed me at noon yesterday. My interview went very well. He asked me questions every now and then but he allowed me to talk about myself a lot. Please prepare well and get feedback from someone who will be honest with you. My first few interview practice sessions, I was very relaxed and it showed in the way I spoke - dull/monotonous delivery. You have to sound excited and you need practice and feedback for that.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is there a topic for Stern admitted students? How do we get one? Just so, all the admitted students can converse without annoying the anxiously waiting hopefuls.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My application has been under review for close to 5 weeks now. Is there still hope to get the coveted interview invite or should I move on?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
JazzyAfricana wrote:
My application has been under review for close to 5 weeks now. Is there still hope to get the coveted interview invite or should I move on?

In the same situation mate. Don't forget, you've never lost the game till you have your last chip! :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I interviewed just under two weeks ago and was told they were hoping to make decisions prior to 12/23 (they will be closed / on vacation for the next week). Hoping to hear back this week!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi, I am an international applicant and applied in the Nov 15 deadline round. I got an interview invite on Dec 17. Just wanted to check if there is any particular disadvantage to interviewing at an off-site location? The time Stern does these interviews is March as per the interview invite mail. Is there any data on sufficient number of seats by that time ? Interviews in March is very late by B-school admission process and could lower one's chances drastically.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
h5n1 wrote:
Hi, I am an international applicant and applied in the Nov 15 deadline round. I got an interview invite on Dec 17. Just wanted to check if there is any particular disadvantage to interviewing at an off-site location? The time Stern does these interviews is March as per the interview invite mail. Is there any data on sufficient number of seats by that time ? Interviews in March is very late by B-school admission process and could lower one's chances drastically.

The fact that they are conducting interviews then by itself indicates that they have a few seats to fill. How many? No on knows. The only real disadvantage I would say is that by then there would be no scholarships left.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Can anyone who is invited to interview check how many slots are available in India in March?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi,

I got an interview invite - applide November 15, 2016 - Invited for interview: Dec 17, 2016.

I've booked my interview slot in March (in India) - but I guess this puts candidates abroad at a disadvantage?

Someone here mentioned that interviewing late will reduce chances of a scholarship - if someone cannot travel to the US for interview, what options do they have going forward?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V36
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Anyone else interviewed and waiting on final decision? I was interviewed on Jan 5, right after they came back from break. The adcom told me I will be notified in three weeks. I know it's way too early for panicking, but it's my first choice. Also I received an email after the interview asking about my preference for early start in July for a special veteran's program!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
bb10 wrote:
Hi,

I got an interview invite - applide November 15, 2016 - Invited for interview: Dec 17, 2016.

I've booked my interview slot in March (in India) - but I guess this puts candidates abroad at a disadvantage?

Someone here mentioned that interviewing late will reduce chances of a scholarship - if someone cannot travel to the US for interview, what options do they have going forward?

Anyone?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hasan2mn wrote:
Anyone else interviewed and waiting on final decision? I was interviewed on Jan 5, right after they came back from break. The adcom told me I will be notified in three weeks. I know it's way too early for panicking, but it's my first choice. Also I received an email after the interview asking about my preference for early start in July for a special veteran's program!

It's been about 9-10 business days since my interview. Hoping to hear back some time this week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
hasan2mn wrote:

Hey, I was interviewed one day before you, on Jan 4, so we're in the same boat.
The fact that you received an email after the interview should be really encouraging. I did not receive any!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 600 Q60 V60
GPA: 3.56
Send PM
findyourway wrote:
hasan2mn wrote:

The fact that you received an email after the interview should be really encouraging. I did not receive any!

I am on a similar boat! I interviewed at NYU Thursday December 15th, but haven't heard anything from the Adcom. Do you think this means that I am going to be rejected, or just that they are taking a bit longer to catch up after the Holidays? Hoping for the best here. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V36
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
findyourway wrote:
hasan2mn wrote:

My status page went to blank from interview complete half hour ago, just the reference number. Anyone else similar situation?
I am deployed in Middle East, so I won't be getting any courtesy calls and using internet is a huge undertaking. My email was just normal preference email for early start for all veterans that are being interviewed I have been told. So nothing to worry if you didn't get any.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts