Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:02 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2014 Intake) Class of 2015 [#permalink]
Kudos
potbot wrote:
Admitted... :) Mohali campus
Really Happy, but confused...
My options are
1. ISB - No Schol
2. Penn state (Smeal) - 100% scholarship + GA(700$ pm)
3. Olin - 40,000 USD Schol
4. Notre Dame(Mendoza) - 50,000 USD Schol
5. Georgetown(Mcdonough) - No schol
6. Univ of Minnesota (Carlson) - No Schol

Can anyone help me choose.

Potbot, congrats on creating all these options for yourself. It is a big decision that may end up changing the course of your life. And I would say that is how you should first base your decision. Do you want to live and work in India or the US after b-school? And eventually long term? Family usually plays into that. Also, where are you now? What industries are you interested in? What are your finances likes? If you answered all of these questions, I could give you my complete opinion.

I see ISB as one of the top brands in India, so if you are interested in India only I don't think you can go wrong with that. But if you have any international aspirations, you should look at the other programs. I see on your sidebar you have some other top US programs you are still waiting on. That would be a different equation as well. Right now you are comparing top tier Indian program with mid tier US programs.

Within the US schools you've been accepted you, there are some real geographic differences between the programs. They are all great regionally. Nationally, they have different strengths in different sectors.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Got the e-mail a few days back ! Congrats to all fellow admits !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB '15 (A)
Send PM
R2 Admit. A little late to post here. But I have a big dilemma. Fellow people at GMAT club please share your inputs.
I have an admit from ISB with no scholarship and have an admit from a 27 number ranked school ( US news) with full scholarship. I am having a really tough time to choose. Ultimately it comes to where I want to work post MBA , but if we take out this factor can you please help me reach a conclusion.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
isbconfusion - I would suggest taking up ISB. Would you rather go to a school that is among the top 5 in the country, or a school that is 27th in the country ?

Also remember, being an international student, placement opportunities at foreign B-Schools are greatly restricted in terms of the industries you can get into, as most companies don't do H1Bs. And that is true even for the top schools, let alone the 27th ranked school. Additionally there is always the fear of not landing a job there. What will happen then ? Your degree will have little value in India.

I suggest going to ISB, where you will have a better shot at landing an attractive job profile.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
EnemyInside wrote:

ISB gives feedback rite!.. I think i need to ask for it, any of you guys have any idea ?

Hi,

ISB has stopped giving personalized feedback from the last year onwards,
Now they do a general discussion of your overall profile, but nothing about the points where you lacked.

Regards,
Ankur
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
ankurgupta03 wrote:
EnemyInside wrote:

ISB gives feedback rite!.. I think i need to ask for it, any of you guys have any idea ?

Hi,

ISB has stopped giving personalized feedback from the last year onwards,
Now they do a general discussion of your overall profile, but nothing about the points where you lacked.

Regards,
Ankur

I know one person who was dinged without interview by ISB this year, and he managed to get personalized feedback from ISB. The thing is that you just have to keep pressing them by emails and over phone until you get the personalized feedback...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Admitted with 670 GMAT score. Hyderabad campus...
Decided not to join, wish all the best to waitlisters
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Other (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
diehardmbafan wrote:
Admitted with 670 GMAT score. Hyderabad campus...
Decided not to join, wish all the best to waitlisters

Hey Diehard,

All the best to you for your future. If you don't mind, can you share a bit about your backgound and the reason why you don't want to join ISB? Are you waiting for or have gotten in to some other school or planning to apply elsewhere next year or do something else all together. Hope you can share your thoughts as it is always interesting to know of alternate viewpoints.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
I am in a major conundrum.

I was admitted with a 5L scholarship. After I resigned from my position, my firm has promised to promote me in the next cycle wef April 1 (something I was already expecting) and increase my salary to what would be more than average salary at ISB.

Also, I am in a finance/ investment banking role, and my friend at ISB (Co 2014) tells me there are no investment banking profiles at ISB.

I am thinking of taking up my firm's offer, especially as I am still not 100% on the placements. The downside is that I am already 27 and I will find it difficult to take up ISB next year if things don't work out and I want to move (assuming I get selected)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
demonbarca wrote:

I was admitted with a 5L scholarship. After I resigned from my position, my firm has promised to promote me in the next cycle wef April 1 (something I was already expecting) and increase my salary to what would be more than average salary at ISB.

Also, I am in a finance/ investment banking role, and my friend at ISB (Co 2014) tells me there are no investment banking profiles at ISB.

I am thinking of taking up my firm's offer, especially as I am still not 100% on the placements. The downside is that I am already 27 and I will find it difficult to take up ISB next year if things don't work out and I want to move (assuming I get selected)

Probably you can ask for a deferment citing some reason or the other ...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
demonbarca wrote:

Why dont you ask your firm to grant you sabbatical if at all there is an option?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
brethart999 wrote:
demonbarca wrote:

Why dont you ask your firm to grant you sabbatical if at all there is an option?

I have spoken to them. While presently they are open towards a return, they will never give a commitment for this (especially as my team structure and positions may be different after an year).

Honestly, one of the reasons for my MBA is to move on from my employer and while I would like to keep them as a back-up, its not the ideal scenario for me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
demonbarca wrote:

Probably you can ask for a deferment citing some reason or the other ...

A deferment wouldn't really solve my problem, as that would effectively mean that I will be joining ISB next year. That would only increase the difficulty in my decision as I would (most probably) be earning more next year, which would increase the overall RoI for me.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
Send PM
potbot wrote:
Admitted... :) Mohali campus
Really Happy, but confused...
My options are
1. ISB - No Schol
2. Penn state (Smeal) - 100% scholarship + GA(700$ pm)
3. Olin - 40,000 USD Schol
4. Notre Dame(Mendoza) - 50,000 USD Schol
5. Georgetown(Mcdonough) - No schol
6. Univ of Minnesota (Carlson) - No Schol

Can anyone help me choose.

An enviable position indeed! Congratulations on your offers!
Mendoza/McDonough/Olin are great schools.

If you intend to recruit for consulting, then perhaps you need to be looking at these schools.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
To those on the Waitlist... I know that this question is a little late in coming... But has anyone got any feedback from ISB? (I know that we can't send emails soliciting feedback but the mail doesn't say that we can't call them ;) ).

Anyone here who has been able to send updates (especially R2 as time frame was very less for updates)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
To those on the Waitlist... I know that this question is a little late in coming... But has anyone got any feedback from ISB? (I know that we can't send emails soliciting feedback but the mail doesn't say that we can't call them ;) ).

Anyone here who has been able to send updates (especially R2 as time frame was very less for updates)?

Ppl have started getting admit mails since 10th. I am also waiting anxiosuly. Apparently they release admits in batches upto 15th.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
Send PM
Tojnas wrote:
gmatbugsme84 wrote:

Ppl have started getting admit mails since 10th. I am also waiting anxiosuly. Apparently they release admits in batches upto 15th.

Admits till the 15th? May I ask where does this information come from?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts