Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:26 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Owen '15 (M$)
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey guys,
I visited Owen this week, and thought I should share my experience here. First up, I had an evaluative interview with Tami Fassinger. It was very conversational in nature, and questions covered were the usual suspects:
Why MBA, why now, ST & LT goals, Why Owen (dug deep here so do your research on the program), difficult situation faced at work, 3 strengths/ 1 weakness. (she took detailed notes throughout)

The interview lasted almost 1 hour, with the 1st part dedicated to specific questions Tami had for me, while the 2nd part revolved around she answering my questions along with a chat about a range of topics from sports, to Nashville, to food etc. This was followed by a class visit and lunch with a student. I also had time to interact randomly with other students in the main hall- must say a very chatty/social bunch. Finally, I had a 30 min session with 3 CMC career coaches which was pretty awesome.

What impressed me most was the amount of time/ attention that was given to me throughout my visit. I left with the impression that this would translate into my MBA experience were I to pursue a degree here. Overall was a fun experience.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [3]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Vanderbilt University ("Big Vanderbilt") rose in the USNWR rankings...again.

Vandy is now #15 in the nation (tied with Cornell and WUSTL).

https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2015/09/vand ... ld-report/

It's a good time to be a Dore!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
ab87 wrote:
What impressed me most was the amount of time/ attention that was given to me throughout my visit. I left with the impression that this would translate into my MBA experience were I to pursue a degree here. Overall was a fun experience.

Owen first-year here. Just want to confirm that personal attention definitely translates into the MBA experience. I've been blown away by the support offered by the teachers, staff, and students here at Vandy.

Also, if I can answer any questions for anyone, feel free to ask or PM me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is there an error on the chart or was someone actually already accepted? Just wondering whether it is too early for that to be possible.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
NotPaytonManning wrote:
Is there an error on the chart or was someone actually already accepted? Just wondering whether it is too early for that to be possible.

Most likely an error IMO.

However, it could be an admitted student from last cycle who got a military deferral and is now just checking back in for the incoming class.

I doubt admissions decisions have gone out this early...though that may be possible too!

Not sure. ¯\(°_o)/¯
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
SohamDutta wrote:
Started my app too. Fingers Crossed. Apparently, they have raised minimum GMAT score for application fee waiver from 700 to 720. Appears they are gunning for big GMAT numbers and improved US News ranking.

Hello,
Wanted to ask about the application fee waiver for GMAT, and how it works. Also is a score of 720 given a fee waiver? ( I am guessing from the text that a waiver is granted for a 720, but just checking)
Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
So while we have always been very selective, we are looking for even more exceptional students. If you’re one of them, we’ll waive our usual $175 application fee if you meet one or more of these criteria:

The academic excellence application fee waiver is based upon your GMAT score-- remember to have your official GMAT score report be sent to Vanderbilt.
Service to country or community (U.S. Military, Peace Corps, Teach for America).
Member of or proven advocate for an underrepresented U.S. minority population.
A graduate of Vanderbilt MS Finance or Accelerator program.

Website offers no specifics. I received a waiver but the application did not specifically state why.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you very much, teleste and drivechipputt, for taking time from your school schedule for the community and offering advice to prospective applicants. Much appreciated!!

Good news for all of us: Vanderbilt admissions team has expressed interest in holding few live chat sessions on GMAT Club for applicants. We event schedule is finalized, we shall update you all in this thread.

If anyone is interested in becoming Threadmaster for this school, please PM me.

Good luck!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
FROM Owen Press Releases: Vanderbilt MBA student part of winning team at first-ever PepsiCo Challenge MBA Case Competition
Griffin Bell, MBA'17, wins top honors, shares $7,000 first prize.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Owen Press Releases: GMAT success tips from a former Marine captain
Aaron Dorn (MBA'17), one of Nashville Business Journal's "40 Under 40" and a former Marine captain, talks about his GMAT success strategy.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Owen Press Releases: Vanderbilt University Master of Accountancy ranked number one by Financial Engineer
The Vanderbilt University Master of Accountancy program is the top-ranked program in its field, according to the 2016 rankings from the Financial Engineer.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Owen Press Releases: Meet the new students at the Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management
The new students at the Owen School are diverse in their global reach, professional experience, education and ethnicity. Each of the more than 300 students in the incoming classes has a fascinating personal story to tell.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Owen Press Releases: Executive Development Institute hosts employee appreciation day
Have a donut on EDI and learn about how you can advance your career with the help of the Owen School's world-class faculty.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 169
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
if anyone is applying or thinking of applying let us know. We would love to get to know you and give you any information you need. That's the Vanderbilt way, super inclusive.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Owen Press Releases: Understanding self-control: Eating and spending are different public policy issues
To understand the effectiveness of a regulation or tax on a specific behavior, use a measure of self-control specific to that behavior, according to new research from Kelly Haws, associate professor of marketing at the Owen School.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FROM Owen Press Releases: 5 tips from an IBM social media strategist
Camille Brandon, MBA'14 and social media strategist at IBM, shares her favorite social media tips, including her thoughts on meaningful engagement, creating your own content and the Grandma Test.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
thisisatestonlyatest wrote:
if anyone is applying or thinking of applying let us know. We would love to get to know you and give you any information you need. That's the Vanderbilt way, super inclusive.

Hello!

I am currently completing the application and I am very interested in the school. However, I did not have a chance to visit Owen and would like to know a bit more about the school from a student's perspective.

Could you share with us why you chose Owen over the other schools you are admitted to? Was it financial aid? Culture? Your desired job function/industry post-MBA?

Since on-campus housing is reserved to undergraduate students, is it easy to find off-campus accomodation near Owen? Do most students walk/bike to campus or do they dirve?

Finally, what are some typical outdoor activities at Owen? I didn't see any outdoor activities club (or similar) listed on the student clubs website but I am sure there are some organized activities that take place in the surrounding area :)

Thank you!
kheown
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts