Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 00:37 It is currently 09 May 2024, 00:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Operations (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 92
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
FROM Owen Press Releases: Vanderbilt to host qualifying round for ‘Nobel Prize for Students’
Undergraduate and graduate students from across campus can form teams and compete in the opening round of the Hult Prize’s $1 million dollar social entrepreneurship challenge at the Owen School.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Well we are really getting close now! The wait is painful. I'll be traveling all day Friday, but hoping I land in Las Vegas Friday evening to good news, which would surely put a nice spin on a weekend in Vegas. Conversely, could also throw quite a damper on the weekend. Either way you'll find me at the craps table.

Best of luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Send PM
saxenaprateek89 wrote:
TheFloridian wrote:
2 weeks... :-)

:) , can hardly wait. Are results released in batches or in bulk on the final date?

Only a few days! Does anyone know if Vanderbilt calls US applicants or releases the decision a day or two in advance?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Send PM
cladh wrote:
saxenaprateek89 wrote:
TheFloridian wrote:
2 weeks... :-)

:) , can hardly wait. Are results released in batches or in bulk on the final date?

Only a few days! Does anyone know if Vanderbilt calls US applicants or releases the decision a day or two in advance?

It looks like last year they called a select few admits the evening before the official release. I hope they do that again this year! 8-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [6]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Just got a call! I'm in! And... as a Dean's Scholar!!! Couldn't be more excited!!! :yes :cool :banana :banana :banana

I was told that we will all see our status change on Friday and those admitted will receive an email that day or next week with further instructions/information.

Best of luck to the rest of you!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kheown wrote:
Just got a call! I'm in! And... as a Dean's Scholar!!! Couldn't be more excited!!! :yes :cool :banana :banana :banana

I was told that we will all see our status change on Friday and those admitted will receive an email that day or next week with further instructions/information.

WOW kheown, that is awesome! Congratulations!!

The calls are certainly coming out earlier than expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Send PM
Thank you!!!

I just realized that I could've shared a few more details... I'm an international applicant from and based in western Europe.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
kheown wrote:

CONGRATS!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kheown wrote:
Thank you!!!

I just realized that I could've shared a few more details... I'm an international applicant from and based in western Europe.

Any additional details on what being a Dean's Scholar entails?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
TheFloridian wrote:
kheown wrote:
Thank you!!!

Any additional details on what being a Dean's Scholar entails?

Not much besides what's here: https://www.owen.vanderbilt.edu/admissio ... awards.cfm

She talked about specific events/programming and went into some details of the activities that current Dean's Scholars are doing. She also said that I should expect to receive a lot more information about the award over the next few days from admissions staff and a current Dean's Scholar.

I also read online that there's a special on-campus event for certain Scholars that precedes Welcome Weekend in April. I couldn't really find much more online about this award... So I'm anxiously and eagerly waiting to hear more news!

Really looking forward to this! :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
1 more day till everyone knows!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Other, Marketing
GPA: 3.61
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey. Wanted to ask a anyone who knows. If i give the personal e-mail of one of my recommenders would it negatively impact my application in any way? I am planning to apply by the Round 2 deadline
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Send PM
redPak7 wrote:
Hey. Wanted to ask a anyone who knows. If i give the personal e-mail of one of my recommenders would it negatively impact my application in any way? I am planning to apply by the Round 2 deadline

That should prompt more scrutiny from the adcom as well as a more in-depth review of your application by a third party once you are admitted (schools generally use third parties to check that some facts stated in your application - employment history, legit recommenders, education history... - are true).

If you can find a way to persuade your recommender to give his work email, that'd be better...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Just got the call! I'm in with a full tuition Ingram scholarship!!!!!!

:yes :yikes :bouncer :banana :punk :eyes

Originally posted by TheFloridian on 10 Dec 2015, 12:44.
Last edited by TheFloridian on 10 Dec 2015, 15:38, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
TheFloridian wrote:

Great bro !! Congrats ... You got a mail too?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SohamDutta wrote:
TheFloridian wrote:

Great bro !! Congrats ... You got a mail too?

The AdCom told me she would email me more information about the scholarship today and that next week I will receive the admissions packet in the mail.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [3]
Given Kudos: 70
Send PM
Kudos
TheFloridian wrote:

I'm in with scholarship as well! Congrats on the full ride!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts