Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:39 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 325 [15]
Given Kudos: 72
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Real Estate (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 325 [1]
Send PM
Expartus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply

INSEAD - Admission Trends Over 5 Years!!

We decided to analyse our accumulated forum data of INSEAD applicants to determine admission trends and acceptance chances of applicants. We have tried to determine acceptance chances by GMAT score, Intakes, industry, etc. and compare performance of GMAT Club applicants with overall applicant pool. The data used for this analysis is self-reported, so it's advised to use findings of this analysis only to get idea of admission scenario at INSEAD. Don't presume that these findings will hold true all the time.

We would welcome any comments, opinions, suggestions or anything else that you might have to say about the findings of this analysis.

INSEAD vs GMATClub Applicant Pool: YoY Comparison
2012 Intake2013 Intake2014 Intake2015 Intake2016 Intake
School
GMAT Club
School
GMAT Club
School
GMAT Club
School
GMAT Club
School
GMAT Club
Acceptance RateN/A37%N/A27%N/A26%N/A25%N/A18%
Average GMATN/A724N/A710701710700708700709
Average GPAN/A3.45N/A3.49N/A3.46N/A3.5N/A3.46
Avg Work Experience60 - 726760 - 7271726866667264
Average Age29292929292829282928

January and September Intakes: Applicants and Acceptance Rates

• Both the acceptance rate and number of applicants are higher for Sept intake.
  • R2 and R3 have highest probability of acceptance than other rounds.
  • R1 is greatest round in terms of number of applicants.

Sample Size: 1907 Applicants

Acceptance Rate by GMAT Score

• As expected, acceptance chances increase with higher GMAT scores; however, this holds true only upto 730 level, after which we can see some decrease in the acceptance chances of applicants with GMAT scores 740 and 750. We observed similar trend during the analysis of ISB applicants as well.

Sample Size: 838 Applicants

Acceptance Rates of Different Age Groups GMAT Score

• Greatest portion of INSEAD's applicant pool is coming from 28-30 age group and this group also has highest chance of admission. This is not very surprising because average age of INSEAD's incoming class has always stayed around 28 - 29.

Sample Size: 358 Applicants

Acceptance rates by Countries

• For this analysis, we have considered only those countries that have relatively higher number of INSEAD applicants on forum. We have not chosen the countries with less than 15 applicants.
  • We have also shown the difference between average GMAT of overall applicant pool of a specific country and average GMAT of admitted students of that country.

Sample Size: 610 Applicants

Acceptance rates of applicants from various industries

• The first chart - line chart - shows acceptance rates of applicants from various industries and the pie chart next to it shows industri-wise allocation of applicants.

Sample Size: 784 Applicants

Incoming Class of INSEAD

• Here we have done industry-wise classification of students admitted between 2012 and 2016 to see representation of various industries in an average INSEAD MBA class.

Sample Size: 784 Applicants

As I said earlier, we welcome your views, counter-views, suggestions, etc on the analysis. Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA, PMP
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.53
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
That's a lot of charts.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 325 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys,

Thank you! I have been waiting for this thread!
Do you experts have any take on this new video thing? It worries me a little.

Thank you again!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Good to see the acceptance rate for Chinese is 63%! And the GMAT is 730!!!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Just came across the following blog post. Following suit with Kellogg and Yale, INSEAD has introduced this new component in the application process. What do prospective applicants think about the new video interview? Will it help in providing deeper insights into your background?

Attachment:
INSEAD.png
INSEAD.png [ 33.02 KiB | Viewed 48227 times ]
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 325 [0]
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Just came across the following blog post. Following suit with Kellogg and Yale, INSEAD has introduced this new component in the application process. What do prospective applicants think about the new video interview? Will it help in providing deeper insights into your background?

Attachment:
INSEAD.png

Yes I stumbled upon that too yesterday. There is still no way to get a hint on what potential questions they would be asking. And that is worrisome.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Awesome piece of info..Thanks :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: Sponsored student? INSEAD is almost a no-brainer!
INSEAD attracts many types of students. Amongst them, a good number of admitted students (about 10-15%) are ‘sponsored’ students. These are students whose MBA is funded by their employers with the understanding that they would return back to the sponsoring... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: Internships & Summer Holidays at INSEAD
When describing the curriculum of my MBA program to my friends and family, many were surprised to learn that the program itself is actually ten months, with a two-month summer break for the classes with January starts (July graduates do not have an... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm an Indian male applicant to INSEAD sep-2017 intake. Its very ambitious of me to think of applying to INSEAD given my financial background.
My profile goes as follows:
GMAT: 720 (Q49/V40)
I am yet to take language test(s).
Work-Exp: 60 months till July-2016
Sector: Electrical Design Engineering - heavy electricals manufacturing and power sector (54 months at BHEL - a manufacturing sector PSU in India)
Extra-curriculars are good but community service is poor.
Have been part of theatre groups and social cause performances - acting and direction.
Leadership roles are ample within and beyond my profession.
Acads: High School - 91%
12th std - 93%
B. Tech. (Electrical Engineering) - 73.4% (but 4th in class)

Firstly, I'm not even sure how strong my profile is for INSEAD. So please enlighten me in this domain.

Secondly, my major concern is finance. In India, max. loan amount without collateral etc. is INR 30 lacs (approx EUR 40,000).
I have next to nil collateral property.
I'll be able to personally manage not more than approx EUR-15,000. So how am I supposed to fund my studies if I'm not awarded any scholarship. Saying that, may I know the probability of getting a scholarship and if yes, about how much, based on my profile.

Please oblige me with your advice as I really want to apply to INSEAD but for an average Indian with low financial background, it is next to impossible investing that much even if you deserve it. (If I do).

Thanks for reading.

Abhishek
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [0]
Given Kudos: 342
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Send PM
Hi,

I am an Indian applicant.Good profile and lots of Extracurricular, working in world's best Entertainment company. But I am not from IIT and never went abroad for work (so no International exposure) and most imp GMAT 670.

My chances with Insead seems pretty SLim. Need opinion.

Thanks in advance,
abrakadabra
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Kudos
abrakadabra21 wrote:
Hi,

I am an Indian applicant.Good profile and lots of Extracurricular, working in world's best Entertainment company. But I am not from IIT and never went abroad for work (so no International exposure) and most imp GMAT 670.

My chances with Insead seems pretty SLim. Need opinion.

Thanks in advance,
abrakadabra

Dear you know WHO,

As you say you have a good profile and a brilliant EC. I would encourage you to still apply. And apply in R1.

So far, what I have understood is that these points like IIT and GMAT score are just very small additives. Sure if you had a GMAT 700-710 chances would have been better. But you can take the test Again. IIT I wouldn't even worry about it.

As for international exposure. the main point that they are looking for is how easily you adapt to a different cultural situation. so you can find some examples from your experience with the entertainment company or if you are a north Indian and working in South India you can site that. (not sure how strong that essay would be, but definitely something to think about)

Make the application. All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
hi, i am an indian applicant trying to get to intake of july 2017 in insead.
my profile reads -
b.tech - IT-BHU -8.19
gmat -760
very good at sports activities and little community service during the college time.
i m little struggling with my communication skills.

plz tell me what are my chances. And i have few more questions
a) i did my undergraduate in English. It is mentioned in INSEAD form that we have to submit a proof stating that the language of instruction
was English. I don't know where to find the proof.
b) is the video interview is final or will they take some other interview after this. If yes, how much time they give for the preparation of interview
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM