Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:49 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Olin Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]
Congrats for scoring well in GMAT. With this score you can surely aim for top 10 business schools. But GMAT is just one feature which adcoms focus upon. Others including essay, letter of recommendations, GPA, work experience, etc and I think you are lacking somewhere in these other aspects. As of now, just wait for the response. If you get it, then wonderful or else don’t worry and start working on upgrading your profile. Apply next year R1 as R3 applications are not of much use and by then get some more exposure and enhance your leadership skills. Also try to indulge in some more extra curriculars as recent activities add much value to you application. Try to get in contact with an alumnus of your target schools and arrange for some mock interviews with them as they are the best people to help you out. Don’t stress out and start working for it.
Good Luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Olin Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]
Hello,

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 69%
XIIth - 85%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from 'Park college of Engineering and Technology' affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
CGPA- 7.9/10
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 630 ( Q-46, V-31, AWA-3.5, IR-4)

Work Exp :
1. Worked for 4.2 years in Infosys. Progression from systems engineer to senior systems engineer.
- Handled several modules for US based client project, completed tasks as a sole person within tight deadlines and trained and mentored many new comers.
- Took many certifications within Infosys during the same timeline.
- Infosys Appreciation certificates and client appreciation certificate.

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of poor kids and other extra curricular activities at a local NGO.
2. Was a volunteer Animal Welfare NGO in the past for animal rescue.
3. Volunteer at Rotary club for education of kids and spreading awareness to them for maintenance of hygiene.

Extra Curricular:
1. Literary Captain of school for 2 years.
2. Certificate for presentation of research papers in National Level conference, Twice.

Do I have a chance at ISB ?

Many Thanks :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello,

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 69%
XIIth - 85%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from 'Park college of Engineering and Technology' affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
CGPA- 7.9/10
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 630 ( Q-46, V-31, AWA-3.5, IR-4)

Work Exp :
1. Worked for 4.2 years in Infosys. Progression from systems engineer to senior systems engineer.
- Handled several modules for US based client project, completed tasks as a sole person within tight deadlines and trained and mentored many new comers.

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of poor kids and other extra curricular activities at a local NGO.
3. Volunteer at Rotary club for education of kids and spreading awareness to them for maintenance of hygiene.

Extra Curricular:
2. Certificate for presentation of research papers in National Level conference, Twice.

Do I have a chance at Olin ?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for schulich.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 85%
XIIth - 69%
CGPA- 7.9/10
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 630 ( Q-46, V-31, AWA-3.5, IR-4) - 3rd attempt

Work Exp

Volunteer Experience :

Extra Curricular:
Do I stand a chance at Olin?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
Your overall profile is a good fit for Olin.
However your GMAT score might be a hurdle. We had the median this year around 700 I believe( look up stats on the Olin website).
630 is below the GMAT range that we have. I would advice to try for a higher score - take some time and prepare.
Also, talking to admissions office might be helpful. I can't drop names here but you can find contacts online.
Hope this helps.
Current Student
Send PM
Kruti,it seems you are applying to Schulich but towards the end you've asked about Olin. I would agree with the above post that your gmat is on the lower side. Try taking the GRE if you are finding GMAT difficult to crack. I applied using my GRE score which was much higher than my GMAT.
Overall your profile looks good. I think a stellar test score will help you further.

Thanks,
Shreeraj
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Dear Shreeraj,

Are you from Thakur? Do you know Mangal Pandey?

shreeraj wrote:
Kruti,it seems you are applying to Schulich but towards the end you've asked about Olin. I would agree with the above post that your gmat is on the lower side. Try taking the GRE if you are finding GMAT difficult to crack. I applied using my GRE score which was much higher than my GMAT.
Overall your profile looks good. I think a stellar test score will help you further.

Thanks,
Shreeraj
What is the deadline of round 2?
is there any chance to get good scholarship if i apply for round 3??
Thanks...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for Olin.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 87.8%
XIIth - 77.2%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Civil Engg, From NIT Jaipur
CGPA- 8.21/10
GMAT- 640 ( Q-46, V-32, AWA-4, IR-6) - 1st attempt

Work Exp
1. Approx 4 years as of Sep 2017 in L&T Construction (a gap of 2 years in between; will write optional essay for that)
- Responsibilities include Scheduling, Delay Analysis, monitoring and reporting

Extra Curricular (not much):
1. Won declamation in school
2. Organised events in College Fest.

Many Thanks
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
ankitmalviya10 wrote:
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for Olin.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 87.8%
XIIth - 77.2%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Civil Engg, From NIT Jaipur
CGPA- 8.21/10
GMAT- 640 ( Q-46, V-32, AWA-4, IR-6) - 1st attempt

Work Exp
1. Approx 4 years as of Sep 2017 in L&T Construction (a gap of 2 years in between; will write optional essay for that)
- Responsibilities include Scheduling, Delay Analysis, monitoring and reporting

Extra Curricular (not much):
1. Won declamation in school
2. Organised events in College Fest.

Many Thanks

Hi Ankit

- While the other factors seem fine, your GMAT score may not be enough for Olin. Would suggest that you retake and aim for a score closer to 700 if not above it. You do have time to retake right now as the fall deadlines are a good 6-7 months away.
- ECA is not very strong, at least as far as you have mentioned in this post. If possible, take up activities to strengthen this area.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hope this does not reach you too late.
If you start asking Indian Students about your GMAT score, you will go home pretty depressed.

DO NOT worry about GMAT score (unless you are determined to increase it). Your story will be more challenging. Your profile is very generic as compared to all Indians applying.
If you shy away from that and build a good story, I am sure you will get into Olin.

I have an Indian friend who graduated from Olin and had a much lower GMAT score as compared to yours. She is working in Amazon now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Background and nationality - Indian male candidate

Undergrad - B. Com with 57.5% (63.5% in the final year)

Postgrad - Post Graduate Diploma in Forest Management (Majors in Development Management) NOTE: Only the institute's name has Forest in it; I studied nothing related to it!

GMAT - 710 (Q-49 V-38)

Work experience and leadership -
Total of 3.5 years of work experience in lending space. I have worked for two financial institutions during this period, both of which were into impact investment. I assessed companies which had either social or environmental impact, and were from either financial inclusion, food and agri, affordable healthcare, affordable education, or clean energy sector. There were all early-stage companies with little to no access to formal sources of financing before my company lent to them. I individually did credit and operational analysis of the companies. I was assigned a new vertical in the first organization (I was assigned the role over my more senior colleagues) and was assigned as the lead member of one of the sectors in the second company.

The "story" - I was pursuing CA during my graduation, and had successfully cleared the intermediate examination. The only reason I was pursuing CA was because everybody around me was doing the same and I knew for a fact that there was good money at the end of the tunnel. But something felt amiss and I quit CA following my level II examination and instead decided to do PG. In PG, my course focused on community development and development management in general. I wanted to combine my PG study to what I did prior to that, and hence I got in the impact investment space.

Community and others -
1. Participated in multiple CSR events during PG
2. Ran numerous campaigns during PG, both for the upliftment of the underprivileged as well as for environmental conservation.
3. Active member of Blue Cross
4. Fitness enthusiast and I do work as a fitness instructor

Recommendations - I am sure I can get pretty strong recommendations

Post MBA goals -
Staying in the impact investment space, first by taking some international exposure with the larger donor organizations and then by eventually setting up my own investment fund.

Additional thoughts - I guess my work-ex is on the lower side, but I can show steady increase in responsibilities during this period. Also, I know that my undergrad score is miserable. Nothing really that I can do about it now, but will asking the AdCom to focus on my better-than-average Quant score in GMAT help?

Thanks for the help! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi Experts!

I'd like to kindly request you for your feedback on my candidacy. Here goes.

Background:
Indian Male
Age 27
GMAT 720
Industry: Consulting (Front end consulting role in one of the largest HR Consulting organizations in the world, typically held by Tier-1 MBA professionals)

Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from IIT Delhi (CGPA – 7.0)

Work Experience: Total 4+ years (in india)
Worked for over 2 years in a social sector consulting startup and 1 year in an election campaign strategy firm (a SuperPAC). Working in the strategic HR consulting for last 1 year.

Extra curriculars – Won international competitions and worked on two international projects in Europe. Worked as Coordinator in various campus festivals and a student association club.

Post MBA Goal – Work in MBB strategy consulting firms

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hey, There!
Background and nationality
My name is Vinay and I'm from Bangalore, India. I would be applying for my MBA and request some input on my selection of universities. I've added the details of my profile as briefly as I could. My shortlist of colleges is given at the bottom of the comment. I'm also wondering if I should apply to universities outside of the US and love some advice from you.

GRE
- 330 (V-157; Q-170; AWA- 3)

Undergraduate

Completed my Bachelors of Business Administration from Alliance University, Bangalore in Finance with an aggregate of 81.5% ( First Class with Distinction) Top 5% of class. With GPA 3.3/4.

Work Experience
4 of Years work-ex, with the deep domain of equity research and valuation.
-Equity Research Analyst at Sarthak Returns ( June 5th, 2017 – Date ) – Sarthak Returns is a Stock Market Advisory Company based in Bangalore. Responsibilities here include
- Technical Analysis, Fundamental Analysis, Equity Research, Proprietary trading, Handling clients accounts, Blog writing.Was Handling a team of 3 people directly reporting.
- I had 3 promotions in the last 4 years
- I Handle 4 people team where they report to me directly.
- I handle and mange cilents directly.

Certifications

NSE Academy's Certified Investment Analyst Champion (NCIAC) & NCMP Level 3
NISM-Series-VIII: Equity Derivatives Certification Examination
NISM-Series-X-A: Investment Adviser (Level 1) Certification Examination
NISM-Series-X-B: Investment Adviser (Level 2) Certification Examination
NISM Series-XV: Research Analyst Certification Examination

Extra-Curricular Activities:

• Volunteer with Youth for Seva ( July 1st, 2016 – September 30th, 2016 ), a Non-Governmental Organisation. The work involved teaching Spoken English and Basic Computer Skills to Primary and Middle School children. This continues till date in a Part-time effect, with overall service time over **Five Hundred Hours**.
• Organised “Mock Stock”, a stock market simulator, in an inter-college event.
•Co-Founded a start-up in the college days - Started with the platform-based company for travel (Air and Bus) with Hotel booking. It was improved based on blind spots, Started renting out textbooks. That rented out students' old books and paid them a share of the earnings, thereby enabling students to make money off books they do not need.
•Co-Founded a niche-based stock research firm meanwhile I was working as an equity research analyst.
• Have pursued Young Leadership program from Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, the program was for the one-year duration with blend learning from both online and offline.

Post MBA goals
Short Term
Work for Asset Management field

Long Term
Start an Asset Management Company

Hobbies
Reading Books, Playing badminton, Networking with people who aren't like me at all
I'd love to hear your thoughts about my profile?

**UNIVERSITY SHORTLIST**

**Ambitious**
- Berkely – MBA
-Cornell -MBA
- Ross - MBA
- LBS - MiM
**Conservative**
- Simon -MBA

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
prodizy wrote:
Cartman2013 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I gave my GMAT last year on 21st september. Even though I managed to get a decent score of 740, I have still not been able to crack any school. I got interview calls from Simon, HEC Paris and Olin. Simon has not yet told me anything, but HEC and Olin have turned down my applications. I am really stressed out now, and I really don't know what to do. I need help with my interview skills probably, but apart from that, I need suggestions as to where else I can apply. My profile is as below:
GMAT : 740 Q 50 V 41
WE : IT Services - 3.5 years
Extra-curricular : Voluntary work

Other schools I have applied to are Georgia tech, Urbana Champaign, ISB, S.P.Jain.

Please share your thoughts so that I can maybe improve my candidature.

Hey, I am also an applicant and I understand what you are going through. Please take my suggestions with a grain of salt.

Getting an MBA admission is not easy. And for an Indian applicant, it is even tougher. For most Indians, it takes two application seasons to get through. Think about the following.

1. Do you have clear career goals? Are you making a good case for your MBA? This is the most important step.
2. Are you writing stellar essays? Don't put any vague words or quotations. Be specific about everything you write. Every sentence in the essay should contribute well. Essays are very important. How much time did you spend on the essays?
3. Talk to current students. Understand the program.
4. Don't bother adcom with unnecessary questions
5. Improve your interview skills

Let me know if I can be of any help. PM me, if you want to discuss.

Thanks,
Prodizy

Thank you

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an archived 'Evaluate my Profile' thread. No new replies are possible.
Interested in current discussions? Please visit the active 'Evaluate my Profile' topic.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts