Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.55
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
For those interviewing on Nov 23rd, a groupme group was formed a short while ago. This should facilitate interactions among interviewees before and after that date. You can coordinate ride-shares to and from the airport, arrange tours of Ann Arbor, etc. Please check your inbox for invites.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V41
Send PM
Folks,
Among those of you who were invited to interview, did you receive an email or was there an update on the application portal?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hiajit wrote:
Folks,
Among those of you who were invited to interview, did you receive an email or was there an update on the application portal?

I received an email containing a link to another Ross website. I was able to schedule the interview after creating a new login profile on that new website. There has been no update on the application portal right from when I submitted the application till date. Will be interviewing on campus tomorrow. Good luck to everyone.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
legislooter wrote:

I received an email containing a link to another Ross website. I was able to schedule the interview after creating a new login profile on that new website. There has been no update on the application portal right from when I submitted the application till date. Will be interviewing on campus tomorrow. Good luck to everyone.

Break a leg legislooter
Suit up and rock the show.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
Send PM
I've heard that, at Ross, the students have access to jobs posted on other MBA programs' job boards.

Does anyone here know details about how that works? :?:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Steinbeck wrote:
legislooter wrote:

Break a leg legislooter
Suit up and rock the show.

Thanks Steinbeck. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's team exercise with excitement.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Kelley '18
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Kudos
Hey,

Do we need one recommender or two for ROSS?
As there are 2 recommendation questions but it says "We require one recommendation letter".
Is it so that one recommender should answer both the questions?
Can anyone please help me on this?

From Ross Website:
We require only one recommendation letter. We highly recommend selecting a recommender who can discuss your professional performance and work style. A current or former supervisor is an ideal choice. Other alternatives include a client, project manager, or professional mentor. Your application is not considered complete until we receive your recommendation.

Once you register your recommender on the application, an email will be sent with instructions on how to access the recommendation form and submit it electronically.

How do the candidate’s performance, potential, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples. (250 words)
Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. (250 words).

Thanks in advance!
-Pooja
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
poojapoddar wrote:
Hey,

As there are 2 recommendation questions but it says "We require one recommendation letter".

From Ross Website:
We require only one recommendation letter. We highly recommend selecting a recommender who can discuss your professional performance and work style. A current or former supervisor is an ideal choice. Other alternatives include a client, project manager, or professional mentor. Your application is not considered complete until we receive your recommendation.

Once you register your recommender on the application, an email will be sent with instructions on how to access the recommendation form and submit it electronically.

How do the candidate’s performance, potential, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples. (250 words)
Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. (250 words).

Thanks in advance!
-Pooja

Pooja, You need only one recommendation for Ross. The person who completes it, must answer all the questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Kelley '18
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
aditya0401 wrote:
poojapoddar wrote:
Hey,

From Ross Website:

Thanks in advance!
-Pooja

Pooja, You need only one recommendation for Ross. The person who completes it, must answer all the questions.

Thanks Aditya for the quick response :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
poojapoddar wrote:
Hey,

From Ross Website:

Thanks in advance!
-Pooja

Pooja,

You only need 1 recommendation letter that will cover both the questions. From an earlier post in this thread I believe you can also ask a Ross Alum or Current student to give you an additional letter of recommendation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
In the application status page, when you download a pdf copy of the form you submitted, do the Extra-Curriculars and Awards Section fields become empty ???
I was shocked when I downloaded this today and saw that the entire section was empty :|
Can someone else also check if this is the case?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
natarajansrikrishnan wrote:
In the application status page, when you download a pdf copy of the form you submitted, do the Extra-Curriculars and Awards Section fields become empty ???
I was shocked when I downloaded this today and saw that the entire section was empty :|

Yes. I saw the same thing but only realized it later for FT MBA program application, EC section was locked and it was mentioned that this section isn't required for FT MBA applications.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
natarajansrikrishnan wrote:

Yes. I saw the same thing but only realized it later for FT MBA program application, EC section was locked and it was mentioned that this section isn't required for FT MBA applications.

Ohh yes, now I remember! Thanks a lot for the prompt response :) I almost skipped a heartbeat when I saw it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
I'll apply to Ross in Round-2.
The application portal mentions 1" margins all around for the resume. Is that something every applicant here has been following stringently? Any idea how stringent would this suggestion be?
I've been following a 0.7" margin all around since months - having eventually reached a point where alumni didn't have additional feedback on resume :) Making it fit in 1" is making it 1 1/2 page with each bullet being a line plus 1-2 words! :-(

am already at 10 font size, and times new roman, and pretty much had optimized each bullet to fit max content is 1 line each.

Suggestions would really help!! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Kudos
brio wrote:
The application portal mentions 1" margins all around for the resume. Is that something every applicant here has been following stringently? Any idea how stringent would this suggestion be?
I've been following a 0.7" margin all around since months - having eventually reached a point where alumni didn't have additional feedback on resume :) Making it fit in 1" is making it 1 1/2 page with each bullet being a line plus 1-2 words! :-(

am already at 10 font size, and times new roman, and pretty much had optimized each bullet to fit max content is 1 line each.

I have applied to round 1 and was invited to an interview. I used margins less than 1" and there was no issue. Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
jaykim0507 wrote:
brio wrote:

I have applied to round 1 and was invited to an interview. I used margins less than 1" and there was no issue. Hope this helps.

Ur GMAT score may have helped LOL
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
optimusTR wrote:
jaykim0507 wrote:
brio wrote:

Ur GMAT score may have helped LOL

Thanks jaykim0507 ! ... I asked 2 friends outside gmatclub - 1 followed 1", 1 followed 0.4" ...
not following it will make it seem we can't follow basic instructions, following it means shredding the resume content :(

optimusTR, as you too interviewed with Ross - did you and people known to you follow the 1" margins? :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts