Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:33 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Tuck '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.7
WE:General Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Still waiting here... When should I start panicking?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 2.84
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
neojoker wrote:
Still waiting here... When should I start panicking?

Late November or so - looking at previous year threads, Darden sent out interview invites almost up to the admissions decision date.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GPA: 3.35
WE:Accounting (Health Care)
Send PM
Got the invite at 1:10 PM ET today.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
It doesn't seem like a lot of interview invites have been sent out yet...
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Somebody mentioned that first week of November is when most of the invites would come out. Should start soon! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Send PM
No new invites folks?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Invited! Indian applicant here
Manager
Manager
Send PM
wwew wrote:

Congrats buddy! When did you receive the invite? Could you please share your profile as well?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
bitspankaj wrote:
wwew wrote:

Congrats buddy! When did you receive the invite? Could you please share your profile as well?

Today! Thanks. Dont read into it much. I am a reapp , was invited last year as well.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
wwew wrote:
bitspankaj wrote:
wwew wrote:

Today! Thanks. Dont read into it much. I am a reapp , was invited last year as well.

Cool, thanks a lot for the info. Hoping to receive the invite soon!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GRE 1: Q150 V146
GPA: 3.94
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
I am going to be honest, this waiting is the most difficult part of the process (other than the standardized test). What are you guys doing in an attempt to distract yourself from it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Drursion wrote:
I am going to be honest, this waiting is the most difficult part of the process (other than the standardized test). What are you guys doing in an attempt to distract yourself from it?

I'm in the final stages with the couple of online courses with Berkeley extension. This combined with 11 hour work days is keeping me pretty busy I guess. But I do have that 15 min of daily torture in the morning and at night when checking livewire.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Drursion wrote:

I feel the exact same way. I feel like I'm constantly checking my email! I started going to the gym again this week to let out the stress and frustration. Hoping to hear something soon...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Meet Darden’s EMBA and GEMBA: Chris Barchet, GEMBA ’18
Much like our residential students, the students enrolled in the Executive Formats of the Darden MBA come from a wide variety of backgrounds, careers, goals, and interests. We have asked several of our EMBA and GEMBA students to answer a few questions about their MBA experiences, which we will post over the coming weeks. We hope you enjoy getting to know them, and if you have any additional questions about our Executive Formats, we encourage you to schedule a conversation with a member of our Admissions Committee.

https://blogs.darden.virginia.edu/admiss ... 00x300.jpg
Chris Barchet, GEMBA ’18

Name:  Christopher (Chris) Barchet

City:  Philadelphia, PA

Employer:  JPMorgan Chase

Years of Experience:  8+

Format/Section:  GEMBA/Rosslyn

• What is your current job? I am in the Military Officer Executive Development Program at JPMorgan Chase, a three-year rotational program that operates across the firm.  Now in my second rotation doing Marketing Strategy and Analytics for Chase.
  • Why did you decide to pursue an MBA?  I have always been enamored by business innovation, and a career in business appealed to me. My rotational program at JPMC provides the time-sponsorship to pursue my MBA and with 100% GI Bill eligibility, it made perfect sense. I am also just objectively interested in the pursuit of higher education and the business knowledge and skills needed to be successful in my career.
  • Why did you choose Darden? I’m a 2008 graduate of UVA so I suppose there’s a bit of Wahoo that now runs through my blood!  But all biology aside, I love Darden’s approach to learning.  Darden is consistently rated incredibly on its student experience and faculty, who teach exclusively via the case method.  I am a hands-on learner and know that I thrive best when I dive into the material.  Being challenged to engage in class constantly is something I know will make me a better student and professional.  As well, Darden has an incredibly innovative format between the various formats – GEMBA and EMBA – and locations – Rosslyn and Charlottesville – and is an MBA program on the rise, with a value that will only increase over time.
  • What’s your favorite thing about your classmates so far? The ease of friendship.  Everybody is excited to meet each other and be in the fight together.  Every meal, coffee break, walk to/from class, and beer at the pub was an opportunity to meet somebody new!  I made countless friendships and left the week wanting more time to meet people,
  • What are you most excited about accomplishing/doing during the program? Diving into business overseas and broadening myself through the global residencies. Also, diving with sharks in South Africa!  I am planning to travel there a week early and explore the country and book an excursion to jump in the water with some Great Whites (albeit with the likely barrier of a cage of course).
  • What advice do you have for prospective students? Be excited to learn!  Honestly, it’s worth saying that this should be about much more than your network and a block on the resume.  Come to Darden to broaden your mind, build a better business community and expand your professional network, and in that order.
https://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/virginia ... _osG7nOLAg
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51451 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Darden deadlines were pretty late into R1. So, I think they should have quite a few invites left to go.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
FYI -- I just received an invite.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just received an invitation to interview. The invite was sent on 11/3 at 3:19 pm EST. I'm from the Dallas, TX area. Good luck everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts