GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Apr 2019, 05:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2016, 09:50
Hopefully we would hear of more interview invites today! All the best :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Re: Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 09:16
More invites have started coming in.. Unfortunately i haven't seen many from India.. Not sure what's happening..
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 09:35
techfreak wrote:
More invites have started coming in.. Unfortunately i haven't seen many from India.. Not sure what's happening..

You meant invites have come in today?

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 09:59
bitspankaj wrote:
techfreak wrote:

You meant invites have come in today?

Yup.. Checked clearadmit..
Current Student
B
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 2.84
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 14:38
Glad to hear some are still going out. I'm beginning to lose hope though.

Is it possible to be waitlisted without an interview?
Manager
Manager
Meet Darden’s EMBA & GEMBA: Sarah Rand, EMBA ’18  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 15:00
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Meet Darden’s EMBA & GEMBA: Sarah Rand, EMBA ’18
Much like our residential students, the students enrolled in the Executive Formats of the Darden MBA come from a wide variety of backgrounds, careers, goals, and interests. We have asked several of our EMBA and GEMBA students to answer a few questions about their MBA experiences, which we will post over the coming weeks. We hope you enjoy getting to know them, and if you have any additional questions about our Executive Formats, we encourage you to schedule a conversation with a member of our Admissions Committee.

http://blogs.darden.virginia.edu/admiss ... 00x300.jpg
EMBA student Sarah Rand

Name: Sarah Rand

City: Washington, DC

Employer: National Retail Federation

Years of Experience: 12

Format/Section: EMBA ROS

• What is your current job?
I’m the vice president, digital communications at the National Retail Federation. I spend my days figuring out how to use the digital tools (websites, social media, advertising, etc.) to activate our grassroots base, share research and news with retailers, promote educational opportunities, reach policymakers and tell the industry’s story.  That sounds like a lot, but at the end of the day, I’m simply helping retailers – small and large – by making sure they have the tools and information they need, as well as the support of their representatives, so they can focus on what they do best.

[*]Why did you decide to pursue an MBA?[/list]
I love what my organization does and why. We support an industry that supports 1 in 4 American jobs. I was looking for an opportunity to make a bigger contribution to our mission and realized an MBA would give me the skills to do that.

[*]Why did you choose Darden?[/list]
This is my second master’s degree, and I know a good professor makes all the difference. Darden’s faculty are really highly regarded. I knew that learning from them would be a challenging, fruitful and more-than-worthwhile experience.

[*]What attracted you to the executive formats of the Darden MBA?[/list]
At this point in my life, being a residential student wasn’t an option. I have two young kids, commitments in my community and a job that I can’t quit. The executive format fits into the parts of my life that I wasn’t willing to step away from.

[*]What’s your favorite thing about your classmates so far?[/list]
Hands down, the diversity. I expected an EMBA program in DC to be a lot of “Beltway” types tied to the government in one way or another. I was surprised to find that there are scientists, entrepreneurs, doctors, lawyers, non-profit professionals, engineers, active military and many more in my class. Listening to their experiences has immediately broadened my perspective.

It’s also an incredibly supportive group. We are a team, not competitors. When a classmate was especially nervous about a short speech, the entire class rallied around that individual. When someone shares something very personal to illustrate a concept, there’s a feeling of safety and an immediate show of support for that classmate.

[*]What are you most excited about accomplishing/doing during the program?[/list]
Putting what I learn into action immediately. I found myself on day one rethinking how I am approaching various challenges at work. I’m learning how to see things from different perspectives in order to find the best way forward. I’m thrilled that I don’t have to wait two years to benefit from the program.

[*]What advice do you have for prospective students?[/list]
Don’t hesitate. Don’t hesitate to do research the program – watch Darden’s videos, read testimonials, seek out the information that paints a picture of life as an executive student. Don’t hesitate to reach out to the admissions team – they are a wealth of information. Don’t hesitate to talk to friends (especially Darden alumni) who have been through an EMBA program – wrapping your head around life as a student gets easier with their insights. And absolutely don’t hesitate to bounce the idea of your boss, your family, your friends – getting support from square one is critical.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/virginia ... hG-oItG9QU
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Concentration: Real Estate, Technology
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2016, 08:27
Is there a way to check online the status of one's application? I'm worried the email may have gone in my spam filter [I noticed several MBA program's marketing emails were going to this folder].
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.69
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2016, 08:32
commodityBull wrote:
Is there a way to check online the status of one's application? I'm worried the email may have gone in my spam filter [I noticed several MBA program's marketing emails were going to this folder].

Same ques here.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V32
GRE 1: Q156 V154
GPA: 3.3
WE: Analyst (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2016, 13:13
Has anyone applied through the Consortium and gotten an interview invite?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2016, 13:27
redsox06355 wrote:
Has anyone applied through the Consortium and gotten an interview invite?

I'm in the same boat. Losing hope as the days go by since their decision date is in less than a month. I believe some consortium applicants have already received invites.

Sent from my SM-N920V using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 4
WE: Supply Chain Management (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 05:31
commodityBull wrote:

https://apply.darden.virginia.edu/apply/

Just log into the site as if you were trying to submit your application again. The status should be displayed there. Mine is 'submitted,' which at this point seems to mean I won't get an interview invite but there's really no incentive for them to make that call yet.

They say they extend invites up to the application deadline, so I assume they update their target list as they move through the process with their more preferred candidates.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 12:51
Received the invitation to interview on 18th Nov 12 pm EST. :-D
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 19:25
ashishvit52 wrote:

Congrats buddy! Could you please share your profile?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2016, 02:51
wwew wrote:
Invited! Indian applicant here

Could you share your interview experience? What were you asked?
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2016, 08:13
bitspankaj wrote:
ashishvit52 wrote:

Congrats buddy! Could you please share your profile?

Sure.
GMAT: 750 (51/40)
WE: 5.5 yrs (Supply Chain/Technology/e-Comm). Working for a Startup for last 1.5 yrs. Before that worked for US retail Sears/KMart.
B.Tech(ECE) VIT University (8.86/10).
Runner. (7 half marathons).
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2016, 00:15
I have not received the interview invite yet. Until when do we realistically keep our hopes?

As it is just 3 more weeks to the decision date, does it mean it's either a ding or waitlist without interview?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2016, 00:15
I have not received the interview invite yet. Until when do we realistically keep our hopes?

As it is just 3 more weeks to the decision date, does it mean it's either a ding or waitlist without interview?
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2016, 05:29
visram04 wrote:

Going by last year's trend, invites should keep coming till last week.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.27
WE: Sales (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2016, 15:19
Had my interview this weekend. It was pretty straightforward, though not as "laid back" as some forums would make you believe. My interviewer started off with the straightforward "tell me about yourself", then followed up with a few questions like "tell me about a time you were in conflict with a coworker", "why darden" and "what was a time you had to overcome a significant challenge". I wasn't expecting questions like these, but hopefully I responded well.

nervously waiting on results!
Current Student
G
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Darden '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.09
Reviews Badge
Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2016, 19:48
gdyste wrote:
Had my interview this weekend. It was pretty straightforward, though not as "laid back" as some forums would make you believe. My interviewer started off with the straightforward "tell me about yourself", then followed up with a few questions like "tell me about a time you were in conflict with a coworker", "why darden" and "what was a time you had to overcome a significant challenge". I wasn't expecting questions like these, but hopefully I responded well.

nervously waiting on results!

Thank you for sharing your interview experience.
Is this a skype interview or on campus interview?
Is it conduct by adcom or 2nd year student?

Best of luck to you. :)
I'm having an interview next Monday, hopefully I can do well.
GMAT Club Bot
Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 21 Nov 2016, 19:48

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24    Next  [ 469 posts ] 

Calling all UVA Darden MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: rohan2345, Amaranth

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap