Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [4]
Given Kudos: 92
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
I went to Discover Weekend this past spring and had an awesome time— I'm in!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [5]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Owen '15 (M$)
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Owen(Vanderbilt) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Looking forward to help answer any questions that you guys may have as you prepare your application, interviews, and decision! Choosing Owen was difficult at the time, but I will unflinchingly say now that it was the best decision I've made in my life. We're all really passionate about the program and happy to share our experiences.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
drivechipputt wrote:
Looking forward to help answer any questions that you guys may have as you prepare your application, interviews, and decision! Choosing Owen was difficult at the time, but I will unflinchingly say now that it was the best decision I've made in my life. We're all really passionate about the program and happy to share our experiences.

drivechipputt, What is your opinion on scheduling an on-campus interview vs. waiting to be invited to video interview? This past spring I attended Discover Weekend, met a lot of people, and had a great time in Nashville. If I hadn't already visited Owen, I would definitely schedule an interview trip for this fall. I can't decide whether it's worth another $500 to do a second visit just to interview in person or if I should just wait to receive a video interview invite after I apply.

Thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Send PM
I do always think that it's advantageous to make an appearance on campus, but sine you've already done that for Discover Weekend (and I'd really play that up as to when your interest was piqued in Owen) I wouldn't stress about making a second trip out purely for the interview. As long as you demonstrate that you really understand the program, what we're all about, and why you're a great fit, I think you'll be in terrific shape.

Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
drivechipputt wrote:
I do always think that it's advantageous to make an appearance on campus, but sine you've already done that for Discover Weekend (and I'd really play that up as to when your interest was piqued in Owen) I wouldn't stress about making a second trip out purely for the interview. As long as you demonstrate that you really understand the program, what we're all about, and why you're a great fit, I think you'll be in terrific shape.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the advice!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Bookmarks
drivechipputt, how generous is Owen with merit scholarships?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I think I remember the Admissions team saying at Discover Weekend that 1 out of every 10 students was on a full ride scholarship. I imagine that must be one of the highest percentages anywhere.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
TheFloridian wrote:
I think I remember the Admissions team saying at Discover Weekend that 1 out of every 10 students was on a full ride scholarship. I imagine that must be one of the highest percentages anywhere.

The below link lists the top 20 B Schools in the US in terms of full rides offered. Owen is nowhere to be seen. So its either that Vanderbilt doesn't divulge its scholarship strategy or the list is bullshit !!

https://www.prepadviser.com/top-business-schools-offering-full-tuition-scholarships/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Soham,
Owen is incredibly generous--among the most across business schools. Nearly 2/3 of students receive scholarship, which is among the most of all business schools, and the average scholarship is ~37%, again a high among top programs. A high GMAT will definitely help your chances, especially for a named scholarship, but you'll want a well-rounded application and a stellar interview.

All that being said, this is an area where you'd be better served talking to the admissions team and conducting your own research; current students won't be as fluent in all of the data. Here's a link to a good Poets and Quants post: https://poetsandquants.com/2014/11/20/mb ... schools/2/

Oh, and yea, that prep advisor link looks like garbage.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Send PM
Deadlines are out for a while now but still Owen hasn't uploaded 2016 application. I wonder what's taking so long.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [0]
Given Kudos: 748
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 540 Q38 V27
GMAT 2: 620 Q42 V32
GPA: 3.55
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
drivechipputt wrote:

Hi drivechipputt,

Congrats on choosing Owen! Could you share your experience of the interview. What type of questions did they ask you, how long was it and who conducted it?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [3]
Send PM
Kudos