Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:24 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tippie (Iowa) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Is there anyone who is applying to Tippie through One and Done?
Registration and application Deadline for 14th Sept 2016 (India and Southern Asia) event is 07 September 2016.
https://tippie.biz.uiowa.edu/full-time- ... m?eid=1040
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tippie (Iowa) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Well I applied for one and done for 14th I got the following reply.
"Thank you for the clarification – we appreciate the interest you have shown in our program! At this time, you have not been selected to participate in the One and Done event, but we are still very interested in interviewing you via the traditional route."
I am having my interview today i.e. 7th september.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Please let us know about your interview experience. All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Bookmarks
My name is Kriti and I am a 1st-year student here at the Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa!

Do you have any specific questions for me at this time regarding the program or city? I am available to help you gain answers and if I cannot I will do my best to put you in touch with someone who can! Please feel free to reach out to me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Simon '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
anandkriti wrote:
My name is Kriti and I am a 1st-year student here at the Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa!

Do you have any specific questions for me at this time regarding the program or city? I am available to help you gain answers and if I cannot I will do my best to put you in touch with someone who can! Please feel free to reach out to me.

Hi Kriti,

Which specialization are you going for? I wanted to know about the quality of the MBA Program Specializing in Business Analytics, considering that it is a new course which was STEM designated only in 2016.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Simon '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
ravisharma017 wrote:
Well I applied for one and done for 14th I got the following reply.
"Thank you for the clarification – we appreciate the interest you have shown in our program! At this time, you have not been selected to participate in the One and Done event, but we are still very interested in interviewing you via the traditional route."
I am having my interview today i.e. 7th september.

Hey Ravi, How did your interview go? Are they specific to your work experience or more general? I applied for the One and Done event and will have my interview on the 14th of September.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Harold,

I am considering Business Analytic as my major currently and we already have one batch (current second years) graduating with STEM accreditation next year.
Considering it is a new course, it has been built upon the past courses we had at our school; the professors for each elective that you will opt for in Business Analytics (for which we have a wide range of intensive courses for analytics) are esteemed in that and have a commendable background in those fields.
You will have a thorough knowledge of Analytic and all the core structures by the time you graduate. Being a career changer myself, I considered Analytic at Tippie to be new too (as you are thinking now) but a few words with professors and seniors in terms of books they follow, core structure and the electives that they offer with ongoing analytics projects and case study competitions, I was drawn into their thoroughness and preparedness.

Best,
Kriti

harold1208 wrote:
anandkriti wrote:

Hi Kriti,

Which specialization are you going for? I wanted to know about the quality of the MBA Program Specializing in Business Analytics, considering that it is a new course which was STEM designated only in 2016.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Kudos
Sorry for the late reply, I was engaged in some other submissions. The interview was with Paul Pinckley, it was a very relaxed conversation with specific questions about my work experience, explanations about some gaps in my resume. Since I have a very different work experience the discussion on work experience was a bit on the longer side with questions like why transition into analytics, short term, long term goals. Then it went onto informal questions like hobbies and passions and all of a sudden I found myself joking about how Indians follow EPL and Spanish Premier league when they have no emotional or cultural stake in the sport. Then there were some behavioral questions about leadership and failure and the interview concluded with me asking two questions and paul telling me a decision will me made in around ten days. The vibe was good since I was waitlisted last time I am hoping for positive decision this time. :wink: :wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Anyone scheduled for one and done interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
All the best to guys who are attending the One and Done interview today. Please post your experiences. I applied via traditional route and have my interview scheduled on 15 September at 10:30 AM CST.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q60 V60
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
I'm a male from Pakistan. Just got done with my One & done interview. My interviewer was Kyle Stanford. I think the interview went somewhat bad because I stumbled on a couple of questions and the interview time was only half hour (compared to normal 45 mins to 1 hour). Anyways, lets see what answer they send. I'm posting the questions here in case anyone wants to know.

Why MBA right now
Why Tippie
ST/LT Goals, Backup Career Plan
Would you be open to working overseas
Tell me a bit about yourself, hobbies etc.
Tell me about a professional difficulty you faced
Give an example of a leadership experience you're proud of
Any questions for us?

My advice, stay calm, have a clear head and focus on what's being asked, not what you want to say.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi JohnCaroll
It is a natural feeling that you could have done better. Thanks for sharing your experience. If you like to post some details of your profile, please do it. Do not feel obliged.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ajaymahankali wrote:
Hi JohnCaroll
It is a natural feeling that you could have done better. Thanks for sharing your experience. If you like to post some details of your profile, please do it. Do not feel obliged.

I know, but I definitely blew it. At best, I'll get waitlisted.

My profile
GRE: Q163 V163
UG in Civil Engineering (GPA 2.59/4.00)
25 months WE in construction & Project Management, hoping to transition to energy finance
ECs in Community Service, volunteering
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My interview was also scheduled on 14th Sept. It went pretty well. Lasted for around 35 mins.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
As expected, I've been put on waitlist :?
Any suggestions on what I could do to convert it into acceptance?
P.S Congrats to those who got accepted!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
In with almost full scholarship and GA!!!

Originally posted by Siddharth683 on 14 Sep 2016, 20:03.
Last edited by Siddharth683 on 14 Sep 2016, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JohnCaroll wrote:
As expected, I've been put on waitlist :?
Any suggestions on what I could do to convert it into acceptance?
P.S Congrats to those who got accepted!

Waitlisted candidates had fair chances last year. Let's hope for the best!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts