GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Apr 2019, 07:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Tippie (Iowa) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tippie '18 (M$)
Re: Calling all Tippie (Iowa) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
Congratulations to the New admits from the Recruiting and Admissions team and the Tippie FT Class of 2018.
We look forward to meeting you next year!

We are making a WhatsApp group for the new admits and the waitlist candidates (so that we can bring them together).
PM me your number if you want to join the chat.

Conversations to start from October (post a few more interviews and results).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.1
WE: Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Re: Calling all Tippie (Iowa) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2016, 00:53
I received an admit yesterday with around 90% tuition fee waived. What are the program's internship and job prospects post graduation in new york state or texas state?

And what are the annual living expenses ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Simon '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2016, 02:09
Got an admit with a decent scholarship and GA as part of the One and Done Interview. Looking forward to connect with all the folks planning to join the 2017 intake. All the best to everyone applying for the subsequent rounds!!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 700 Q60 V60
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2016, 03:41
Siddharth683 wrote:
JohnCaroll wrote:
As expected, I've been put on waitlist :?
Any suggestions on what I could do to convert it into acceptance?
P.S Congrats to those who got accepted!

Waitlisted candidates had fair chances last year. Let's hope for the best!

Do you know anyone who was taken off of waitlist and joined the program? I'd love to ask them a few questions.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2016, 08:12
New article on MBA Tippie grant of STEM accreditation.
http://daily-iowan.com/2016/09/15/m-b-a ... goes-stem/
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC April'18 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2016, 09:43
anandkriti wrote:
New article on MBA Tippie grant of STEM accreditation.
http://daily-iowan.com/2016/09/15/m-b-a ... goes-stem/

That's great! So 17 months opt extension will applicable for MBA (Analytics) students too?

Let's form a whatsapp group for new admits and waitlisted students for better interaction.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC April'18 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2016, 09:47
JohnCaroll wrote:
Siddharth683 wrote:
JohnCaroll wrote:
As expected, I've been put on waitlist :?
Any suggestions on what I could do to convert it into acceptance?
P.S Congrats to those who got accepted!

Waitlisted candidates had fair chances last year. Let's hope for the best!

Do you know anyone who was taken off of waitlist and joined the program? I'd love to ask them a few questions.

Yes..i was in touch with someone who was initially waitlisted but later got offer with scholarship. Not in touch for quite a long time now.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Simon '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2016, 11:21
Siddharth683 wrote:
That's great! So 17 months opt extension will applicable for MBA (Analytics) students too?

Let's form a whatsapp group for new admits and waitlisted students for better interaction.

Hey Sid, I believe Kriti was planning to start a whatsapp group for new Admits and waitlists (per earlier post). I guess everyone could let her know.

Its really is a unique scene where an MBA Program is STEM designated. Does any one know about the career prospects post the Tippie MBA graduation, with a concentration in Business Analytics.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge
Calling all Tippie (Iowa) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2016, 14:01
Sorry for the late post - selected with a really generous scholarship - completed interview at 10 PM and received mail at 4 AM. Very excited about this. Please add me to any groups related to this.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2016, 22:00
Hi All,
Congratulations to all those who made it to Tippie, and I am very much happy to see all with such generous scholarships.
I have my One and done on October 26, and I would like to know more about finance at Tippie. I'm an Electrical and Electronics engineer by profession, and would like to know how could Tippie help me in transitioning from an engineer to a finance expert. How good is finance at Tippie and what are my perspective avenues that I could explore after completion of my masters. And could all please share the research data you have worked on for the admission process?

Thanks,
Reddy
Intern
Intern
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 17 Sep 2016, 02:01
Congrats to all those who got admitted. I applied via the traditional route and had my interview with Mr. Paul on 15 September 2016.
It was more of a conversation and I felt that I could have conveyed my thoughts/stories in a better way. Some of the questions asked are
Apart from your professional experience, Tell me more about what you are passionate
Why do you want to do an MBA
Why Tippie
What are your ST/LT goals
How would you add value to Tippie
How did you handle a failure
What is your backup plan
Any questions for me?

Thanks
Ajay
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2016, 19:12
hi all,
For one and done, do we need the recommendations? I know, we are supposed to give the names and email IDs of our recommenders, but I heard that the recommendations need not be submitted. Is this true?
Please let me know as soon as possible.
-Thanks

Sent from my tbook using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.1
WE: Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2016, 22:10
no recommendations needed. only the name and email address required
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2016, 14:53
Hi,
I interviewed with Paul Pinckley on September 12. This was via the traditional route and not the One and Done. The interview went well, and Paul said I'd hear from the school by September 19. But I still haven't heard from Tippie! Does this mean I'm not in?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2016, 20:03
NimishaP wrote:
Hi,
I interviewed with Paul Pinckley on September 12. This was via the traditional route and not the One and Done. The interview went well, and Paul said I'd hear from the school by September 19. But I still haven't heard from Tippie! Does this mean I'm not in?

Hi Nimisha,

I would suggest that you wait till 27th and drop a word to Paul. It is only rare cases when there is a delay in evaluating candidates!

Best,
Kriti
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2016, 07:13
drashi17 wrote:
Hi All,
Congratulations to all those who made it to Tippie, and I am very much happy to see all with such generous scholarships.
I have my One and done on October 26, and I would like to know more about finance at Tippie. I'm an Electrical and Electronics engineer by profession, and would like to know how could Tippie help me in transitioning from an engineer to a finance expert. How good is finance at Tippie and what are my perspective avenues that I could explore after completion of my masters. And could all please share the research data you have worked on for the admission process?

Thanks,
Reddy

Hi drashi17,

There are a few engineers who are shifting to Finance with no prior background in Finance. And for Finance at Tippie, as you would have come across various ranking sites, it is ranked as #! for Finance.
Send me a PM. I can get you in touch with an Engineer who is in the Finance Academy.

Thanks,
Kriti
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2016, 07:14
NimishaP wrote:
Hi,

Hi Nimisha,

Give it a few days and drop Paul a word. Sometimes, the admissions committee takes a bit of time to come to a decision.
Thanks,
Kriti
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2016, 07:15
drashi17 wrote:
hi all,
For one and done, do we need the recommendations? I know, we are supposed to give the names and email IDs of our recommenders, but I heard that the recommendations need not be submitted. Is this true?
Please let me know as soon as possible.
-Thanks

Sent from my tbook using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

No recommendations required!
Only the name of the recommenders is required!
Manager
Manager
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2016, 21:34
A quick one:

For One & Done event, do we need to submit the application (after paying the fee)? ...just trying to save some bucks :-D
Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2016, 01:00
gutkarsh wrote:
A quick one:

For One & Done event, do we need to submit the application (after paying the fee)? ...just trying to save some bucks :-D

I had to submit a form - then they shortlisted me for the One & Done drive and I had to submit the application before the deadline (7th Sept) for the 14th Sept event. You will have to pay the application fee because they are not providing application fee waiver to One & Done drive candidates this year.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Tippie (Iowa) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!   [#permalink] 14 Oct 2016, 01:00

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 87 posts ] 

Calling all Tippie (Iowa) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap