Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V37
GPA: 2.94
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
WE:General Management (Retail)
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Just interviewed. Lasted 32 min

Tell me about yourself
Why MBA
ST/LT goals
Why Mcdonough
supervisors Critiscism ( give example and how did you change)
Had about 10-15 min to ask questions

Went smooth and interviewed with AdCom and she was super nice
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Just had my interview as well. Guess they had multiple interviews running simultaneously.
Very friendly lady. Very encouraging and interactive.

Question were:
Tell me about you?
Why MBA? goals?
Why McDonough?
Leadership style?
What would my junior say about me?
Best piece of constructive feedback ever received?
Feedback received from client?
Something about me which is not mentioned in my application?

And then I asked two questions ... one about the Jesuit heritage of the university and the other McDonough strongest selling point.

In short..great experience... nothing to be stressed about.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Operations (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Had my interview today!
A few questions:
Why McDonough?
Why an MBA now?
ST and LT goals
How do you work on a team?
How have you handled a difficult situation in the workplace?
Biggest achievement on the job?
Feedback you have been given from friends/coworkers.

We had a bit of a delay at the beginning, but overall, my interviewer and the admissions team as a whole were friendly and helpful throughout the process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Recently had my interview as well. Similar types of questions as people have stated before. Personable interview, very conversational.

Tell me about yourself.
Walk me through your resume.
Why MBA/why now?
Why McDonough?
3 strengths your boss would describe you/1 weakness
International experience - how it impacted you
Leadership experience
What aspect of the MBA would you struggle the most
How do you stay up to date in your field
Questions for me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V37
GPA: 2.94
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
ClearAdmit shows that there was someone who was "Admitted" to McDonough today. I was under the impression that they wait until just before the deadline to inform. Anyone have any information on this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Samyak wrote:
ClearAdmit shows that there was someone who was "Admitted" to McDonough today. I was under the impression that they wait until just before the deadline to inform. Anyone have any information on this?

That must be for the Executive MBA program. It is done on a rolling basis.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM McDonough Admissions Blog: Before the Round 2 application deadline on January 5, 2016,...

Before the Round 2 application deadline on January 5, 2016, the MBA Admissions Team hopes to provide our prospective students with top tips for the application process. Assistant dean of MBA Admissions, Katelyn Stephenson kicks off our application tip series with thoughts on the application process overall. Watch our blog for more tips to come!

The MBA application process is not meant to be onerous (though we know that it can be at times!), but it is meant to encourage introspection. In order to prepare a compelling application, you need to be focused and able to clearly articulate “Why an MBA at this particular point in your career?” and “Why [insert program name] might be the right fit you?” and your response to the latter question should be different for each application you prepare. Here are a few high-level tips beyond the obvious ones (i.e.: proofread your essays, make sure your name is on each document you submit, ensure that you submit all required documents and that you meet all of the deadlines):
Be authentic. We want to get to know you through the process - not the person that you think we want you to be. This requires you to be thoughtful and genuine. One suggestion is to have someone who knows you well review your essays and resume and see if she/he believes that they truly represent who you are as an individual.
Be strategic. Choose the information you share - and how you choose to share it - carefully throughout the application process. This requires you to be reflective and to clearly understand the purpose behind what you share about your professional and personal background with the Admissions Committee. For example, you don’t need to talk about your deepest and darkest secrets, but you do need to “connect the dots” and explain where you’ve been, where you plan to go, and how the MBA is going to help you get there. Strategic thinking is highly valued in business school, so demonstrating that you are thinking like an MBA student before actually being an MBA can make you stand out.
Have fun with the application process. It’s the first step of your MBA journey! Remember that throughout the process you should be evaluating and assessing your fit with different MBA programs, just as Admissions Committees are doing with candidates. In the end, keep perspective and know that there are many places that you can be happy and successful and that any of those places would be lucky to have you.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM McDonough Admissions Blog: You’ve decided the next move for your career is to pursue an...

You’ve decided the next move for your career is to pursue an MBA - what’s next? You know you have to search for the right business school and prepare your application materials, but what else do you need to consider? Current MBA student and student ambassador Amanda Holst shares her tips to help you begin the application process for Georgetown McDonough.
The application experience can be a hectic time. While in the midst of the application process, I received quite a bit of advice like, “look for similarities between essays to save time,” and, “send follow-up reminder emails to your recommenders,” but inevitably, there are always a few lessons to be learned. Here are a few tips I wish I had known when going through the application process.
1. Speak with current students: Many prospective students, myself included, conduct a lot of research before and during the application process. We comb the websites and pamphlets and develop a picture of what ‘a day in the life of  B-school’ will be for each program. Nothing is more telling of a program, both the technical nature and culture, than speaking with a current student. Engage with two or three students before you submit your application. It will help you know if the school is a good fit and significantly improve your ability to write a stellar essay.
2. Do not regurgitate your resume in essays: Make sure your essays provide the greatest hits of your career without sounding repetitive. Essays are valuable real estate and should highlight a few of your best attributes or experiences concisely, not a rolling list of everything you’ve ever done. Resumes can be more exhaustive, while essays should show your value proposition and fit with the program.
3. Plan transcript requests accordingly: If you’ve been in the workforce for a while, make sure you can still access your alma mater’s website. It had been years since I went to my undergraduate university’s student services site and, sure enough, my password had expired ages ago. Also, I took three credits at a local college that had since upgraded its website, so I could only request and access my transcripts through phone and snail mail. If it’s been a while, double check that you can log in and request your unofficial transcripts in advance of the deadline.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM McDonough Admissions Blog: Many students wonder whether the Full-time or Evening MBA...

Many students wonder whether the Full-time or Evening MBA Program is the best fit for them. There are many factors to consider, from financial considerations to the student life experience. Current Evening Program student Tadina Ross shares her reasons for choosing the Evening MBA Program.

I decided to apply to business school to switch out of my job as a teacher to a totally different career. My very first step in the business school application process was to outline my goals and decide what skills I needed in order to achieve those goals. I decided that the right business school would have a wide variety of resources to help build my professional career. I also realized that I needed some practical work experience outside of teaching where I could apply the concepts I was learning in school. My last consideration was practical. I was hesitant to lose a salary while incurring new debt since I have loans from both undergraduate and graduate school. Though I initially only considered full time programs, the Evening Program stood out as a better match for my needs.
Since starting the Evening MBA Program this fall, I have been nothing but satisfied with my decision. I realized how wonderful it is to already have an established network in the city you are working and going to school in. I have been able to expand my network and make connections across my existing contacts and the new McDonough School of Business network. I also love learning things in school that I can apply and make actual changes in my work tomorrow.
Being part of the Evening Program, I still feel part of the larger MSB community. I have joined two clubs and network with students in the Full-time Program easily. I also appreciate the breadth of events across industries that are accessible to anyone who’s interested. MSB has overwhelmed me with opportunities to explore different careers and industries. I love that it is up to me to selectively choose which tools will be helpful for my goals, rather than being at a school where the opportunities are scarce.
Everyone’s reasons for going to business school are different. People come from all different backgrounds and industries. What I appreciate most about Georgetown McDonough is that all of these people with varied goals and backgrounds all are able to build their professional toolbox, expand their network, and ultimately meet their professional goals through the help of school resources.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [1]
Send PM