Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Just a week left..........have a lot of work at office, but can't get anything done. Every day seems like forever :( . How're the rest of you faring?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
WE:Analyst (Education)
Send PM
saxenaprateek89 wrote:
Just a week left..........have a lot of work at office, but can't get anything done. Every day seems like forever :( . How're the rest of you faring?

Same here :( I interviewed on October 26th, it's been a long wait
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Send PM
FROM McDonough Admissions Blog: The process of applying to an MBA program involves a significant...

The process of applying to an MBA program involves a significant amount of time dedicated to introspection. You have to decide if a school’s values resonate with your own, where your future career goals will take you, and what program format is right for you. You should take time to weigh your options and evaluate your situation. Krista O’Neill, M’17, shares her process of deciding to join the Full-time MBA Program at Georgetown McDonough.
Early in 2014, I was convinced that I had my five year plan mapped out: take the GMAT, apply to the Evening Program at the McDonough School of Business, and spend the next three years balancing a career I enjoyed, school, and home life. I was a good candidate for the Evening Program as I had been living in Washington, D.C., for over six years, was looking to advance in my current career, and was eager to take on a new challenge.
My husband was the first to suggest that I consider attending McDonough full-time. He was an alumnus of the Georgetown Executive MBA Program, and had first-hand experience balancing demanding career ambitions with a rigorous school curriculum.
Working in the political sector, my job was cyclical in nature. In the weeks where I worked only 40 hours, school would have fit in effortlessly. In the weeks where I  worked 60+ hours, the quality of my work and school assignments would have suffered, as well as my relationships with my boss, my coworkers, and the classmates that depended on my contributions. Additionally, my husband was fully supportive of my aspirations for an MBA but I knew that I did not want to be overwhelmed for our first three years of marriage. I didn’t want to sacrifice the little things that we loved doing together, like watching our Sunday HBO shows.
Ultimately, I decided to apply to both the Full-time and the Evening MBA Programs. I spoke to the Georgetown Admissions team and asked if I would be penalized for applying to both, and they assured me that I would not. I figured that either Georgetown McDonough would decide for me by accepting me to only one (or neither) of the programs, or my gut-reaction on being accepted to both programs would help me make a final decision.
In May of 2015, I was fortunate enough to be accepted to both programs. Needless to say, I was ecstatic after the initial phone call, and my gut reaction told me that I was excited at the prospect of being a full-time student again.
Looking back, I am confident that I made the right decision. Being honest about my limitations with both myself, and my family, was critical in helping me gain clarity. Additionally, once pre-term was complete, I began a fellowship in my industry that allowed me to stay connected to the aspects of my career that I enjoyed most.
The MBA at McDonough has been an unbelievable experience thus far, and I could not imagine taking less away from it than I am. For other prospective students considering the Evening and Full-time Programs, I am confident that either path that leads you to an MBA from the McDonough School of Business will be well worth it, and taking an honest assessment of your priorities and abilities for the next two-to-three years will help you choose which path to take.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM McDonough Admissions Blog: What does a typical day for a Georgetown McDonough MBA student...

What does a typical day for a Georgetown McDonough MBA student look like? With involvement in clubs, an active career search, and coursework all at once, there is a lot going on! Current student and student ambassador, Amanda Holst, shares her typical day as a full-time second-year MBA student.
I am often asked what a typical day in the life of an MBA student looks like. To describe a typical day plainly, it’s BUSY. Yes, five extra hours a week would make a huge difference, but I would likely find a way to fill those hours with new activities. At McDonough, being an active, engaged student is not only valued, but a cultural norm. Georgetown has a lively community and culture, so there’s always an opportunity to learn, explore, network, or have fun. No matter how students use their time – classes, internships, club meetings, or happy hours - the goal is make every day the best experience possible.
I’m writing this on a typical Monday for second-year students. Mondays are an interesting day of the week. Like all Mondays, I wake up with the mixed feeling of relaxation from the weekend and urgency to work through my to-do list. At 7:45 a.m., I find myself eating a bowl of Cheerios as fast as possible so I can catch the next blue line train from Pentagon City to Rosslyn. Once at Rosslyn, I jump on the Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS) bus and browse my email and Twitter feed to stay up to date on the morning headlines. I am pleasantly surprised to see an email from the Career Center informing me of an interview invitation from one of my target employers. The hard work is paying off! I make a mental note to set up time with a peer advisor to work through a few preparatory case interviews.
By 9 a.m., I arrive at school and find my study group for today’s class, Regression Analysis, adding last minute edits to our case write up and studying for today’s exam. We spend the next two hours comparing notes and working through outstanding questions – a common occurrence at McDonough. From 11 a.m. to 12:20 p.m., I work through my exam and toil in Minitab to produce the best model. Despite the course being a six-week elective, I’m amazed by how much I’ve learned in a short amount of time.
At this point, classes for the day are over, but the day is still young. From 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m., I volunteer to participate in an M’17 networking practicum - an exercise designed to help first-year students work through any networking jitters prior to employer events. The first-year students ask great questions and overall, I feel the event is a success.
After, I quickly grab lunch from Vital Vittles, the on-campus food store, and go to the Admissions office for my 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. student ambassador shift. At 4 p.m., I rush to my next team meeting for Principled Leadership, our only core course this semester. My team and I discuss an upcoming paper, draft an outline, and assign next steps for the week. At 6 p.m., I’mon the move to another team meeting for Defending the Bottom Line. My four teammates and I draft our talking points for this week’s presentation and plan a practice run for tomorrow afternoon.
At 7:30 p.m., I leave school, make dinner at home, and watch the first half of the Packers vs. Chiefs game while playing with my dog, Mischa. It’s been a long day, but it’s only Monday – back at it tomorrow!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Olin '18 (A)
Send PM
I interviewed on Oct. 23, a longer wait. Receive an email from AO, asking me to add the current student for further information about the field I am interested in. However, without a formal offer, no motivation.
A batch of decisions on the way.
Hope for the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
chenyang007 wrote:
I interviewed on Oct. 23, a longer wait. Receive an email from AO, asking me to add the current student for further information about the field I am interested in. However, without a formal offer, no motivation.
A batch of decisions on the way.
Hope for the best.

Did anyone get a similar mail?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
I did get a similar email connecting me with President of Consulting club. Having said that, I dont think it means anything. Don't fret over it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
I did. Two emails, a month after (to the day) my interview. One said my application was being reviewed and decisions would be out the 15th. The other was the contact information of the president of a club I had expressed interest in on my application.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
FROM McDonough Admissions Blog: The process of submitting your application to an MBA program...

The process of submitting your application to an MBA program is designed to be highly self-reflective. In the time leading up to your submission, you will study for the GMAT or GRE, you will write essays, you will work to craft the strongest application possible. Most elements of the application process fall under your control, under the microscope of your careful scrutiny, one element that cannot be controlled is your recommendation. So how can you ensure the strongest recommendation is submitted on your behalf? Today assistant director of operations, Porter Watkins, has prepared three tips for submitting recommendations to your Georgetown McDonough MBA application.

Firstly, consider who should provide your recommendation. The strongest recommendations come from someone who can vouch for your character, performance, abilities, and goals. At Georgetown McDonough, we strongly encourage our applicants to use a direct or former supervisor. Someone who can provide concrete examples of your successes and areas for improvement would be the best choice.
Now that you have an idea of who should provide your recommendation, there are a couple of ways to prepare them. First and foremost, let your recommender know early! The earlier the better. Chances are they are writing multiple recommendations, completing forms, and writing letters - all of which takes time - so give them plenty of leeway.
Once you have notified your recommender, help them help you. Schedule time to meet and discuss your goals, your reasons for pursuing an MBA, and jog their memory. Come to the meeting with your resume, list of accomplishments or projects you have worked on, or perhaps bring a past performance evaluation. Recommendations that are detailed and provide specific examples can better speak to your abilities.
The recommendation is an opportunity for you to provide insight into who you are as a professional. It provides the admissions committee with a consistent, overall impression of who you are, from an objective point of view. So like all other pieces of your application, take your time, prepare, and enjoy the process!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
Lol... my interview was conducted by porter Watkins! if only I had read these recommendation tips earlier =D

Btw...I was also asked to get in touch with a student ambassador, but I don't think one should read too much into this... Mostly because this was in response to certain doubts/queries about the consulting club that I had raised during the interview !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.97
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I know the notification date is the 15th but, do we expect that admitted students will be receiving a call tomorrow?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello,

Guys please help me on this.

Is TOEFL required for non US citizen whose undergraduate medium was English ?

I am bit confused.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V37
GPA: 2.94
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
TPCFA wrote:
I know the notification date is the 15th but, do we expect that admitted students will be receiving a call tomorrow?

Seems like the deadline was Dec. 20th last year and people received admittance calls starting the 18th. If they follow the same pattern, I would expect the admittance calls to go out tomorrow. Regardless, we'll see very soon now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
WE:General Management (Retail)
Send PM
Will be checking my phone all day tomorrow
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Is anybody planning to attend today's reception in New Delhi?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
WE:Analyst (Education)
Send PM
These two days are going to be the most improductive ones at work
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Seems it's not sure if calls will go out today or tomorrow. Applicants who are waiting here for the results can gather in chat room to share news/updates with each other - https://gmatclub.com/gchat/
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  27   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts