GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 05:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2015
Posts: 111
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2015, 10:19
prateekb1987 wrote:
hey guys need some help. For international student's georgetown asks for Grading scale info to be uploaded... I am from India and though my transcripts do mention all courses with marks received and total marks etc.. there is no specific mention of any grading scale used ( University Of Pune). What should I do? Maybe Indian students on this page can help out...


Any help here guys?
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 192
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
Schools: Fisher '19 (A)
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2015, 10:49
prateekb1987 wrote:
prateekb1987 wrote:
hey guys need some help. For international student's georgetown asks for Grading scale info to be uploaded... I am from India and though my transcripts do mention all courses with marks received and total marks etc.. there is no specific mention of any grading scale used ( University Of Pune). What should I do? Maybe Indian students on this page can help out...


Any help here guys?


This is quoted from app portal :
Please upload a copy of your undergraduate institution's grade scale. We are looking for an explanation from your university which explains how the courses are graded, including information about the letter grades. A copy from your transcripts or a screen shot from a university website will suffice.

Leave the gpa field blank and upload any relevent info that includes grading scale (a screenshot, a letter from univ of pune). Ask the adcom if you have any doubts. communicate with them, this would help you. My univ had a grading scale at the back of cummulative marksheet so that helped.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2015
Posts: 34
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2015, 12:26
1
Submitting this week! Wish me luck!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2015
Posts: 111
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2015, 13:13
souvilibra wrote:
prateekb1987 wrote:
prateekb1987 wrote:
hey guys need some help. For international student's georgetown asks for Grading scale info to be uploaded... I am from India and though my transcripts do mention all courses with marks received and total marks etc.. there is no specific mention of any grading scale used ( University Of Pune). What should I do? Maybe Indian students on this page can help out...


Any help here guys?


This is quoted from app portal :
Please upload a copy of your undergraduate institution's grade scale. We are looking for an explanation from your university which explains how the courses are graded, including information about the letter grades. A copy from your transcripts or a screen shot from a university website will suffice.

Leave the gpa field blank and upload any relevent info that includes grading scale (a screenshot, a letter from univ of pune). Ask the adcom if you have any doubts. communicate with them, this would help you. My univ had a grading scale at the back of cummulative marksheet so that helped.


Thanks.. I think my cumulative mark sheet has grading scale at the back as well. Maybe I will upload that itself.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 13
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2015, 22:46
Hi everybody - Georgetown MSB 1st year here. Happy to answer any questions that you may have on the school.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5252
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 13:08
1
Congrats to all GMAT Club members admitted to Georgetown McDonough!!! :thumbup: Posting here Round1 admission summary.




Admitted and Waitlisted Folks: There are separate threads for you for getting in touch with each other and discussing next strategy.

McDonough Class of 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!!
McDonough Class of 2018: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Dec 2015
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 14:12
prateekb1987 wrote:
hey guys... applying to Georgetown in R2. Just wanted a feedback... is international experience a must for georgetown? from admissions point of view? While dr website says they get a lot of students with international experience my interaction with few of the current students and alumni led to a common response where they all said that they did not have any international experience...


Georgetown, even outside of the business school, places an emphasis on its students having or wanting a "global perspective" ...if you have international experience, its easy to speak about. However, if you don't, I would not fret...explain with sincerity that this is a reason why you're applying to McDonough, you need that exposure and to be surrounded by people with those experiences that they can share with you.

I was accepted in R1, have not worked abroad, but have studied and traveled extensively abroad.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2015
Posts: 111
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2015, 04:39
cnhf wrote:
prateekb1987 wrote:
hey guys... applying to Georgetown in R2. Just wanted a feedback... is international experience a must for georgetown? from admissions point of view? While dr website says they get a lot of students with international experience my interaction with few of the current students and alumni led to a common response where they all said that they did not have any international experience...


Georgetown, even outside of the business school, places an emphasis on its students having or wanting a "global perspective" ...if you have international experience, its easy to speak about. However, if you don't, I would not fret...explain with sincerity that this is a reason why you're applying to McDonough, you need that exposure and to be surrounded by people with those experiences that they can share with you.

I was accepted in R1, have not worked abroad, but have studied and traveled extensively abroad.


Thanks a lot for the feedback...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2016
Posts: 24
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 630 Q39 V37
GPA: 3.1
WE: Project Management (Military & Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 21:45
In for R 2 hit submit today, but my recommender straggled behind the deadline a little today. Hopefully that doesn't impact how they look at my app. Good luck to everyone!!!
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5252
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 04:24
Good luck to all Georgetown McDonough applicants who submitted their apps in Round 2. Let the wait begins!! Please do not forget to update your forum status after you submit the application. Thank you!!


_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2015
Posts: 34
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2016, 12:15
I'm guessing it's a possibility to receive an interview invite this week?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2016
Posts: 112
Concentration: Real Estate
WE: Analyst (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 15:25
I applied through the Consortium on Jan 5th. Got an invite to interview today.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2015
Posts: 60
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 21:11
Applied via Consortium, app released to schools 7Jan, interview invite today. I was surprised to hear back so quickly!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Apr 2014
Posts: 3
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT Date: 06-28-2014
GPA: 3.02
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2016, 00:21
Are off campus interviews conducted by ADCOMs or alums?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2013
Posts: 20
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2016, 12:22
ystephxie wrote:
Are off campus interviews conducted by ADCOMs or alums?


I also want to know this.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2015
Posts: 34
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2016, 15:16
Got an email today... said to check the status of my application... and all it says is that it's under review. Anyone get an email like this? I'm kinda assuming it's not too good considering some already received invites.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2015
Posts: 111
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2016, 23:41
Yayayo wrote:
Got an email today... said to check the status of my application... and all it says is that it's under review. Anyone get an email like this? I'm kinda assuming it's not too good considering some already received invites.



Got a similar email few days back... I think its a pretty standard mail so nothing to be concerned for. Georgetown I think has send only very few interview invites till date.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2015
Posts: 111
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2016, 10:01
any update on interviews guys? apart from consortium applicants.. i don't see many people getting interview invites till now!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2015
Posts: 7
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2016, 12:10
Hi everyone! I'm in at MSB and am still trying to make up my mind and wanted to revisit a topic that I know was discussed earlier on in the thread. Can anyone (current students or prospective) provide some insight on the firms that actively recruit on campus for commercial strategy consulting roles at MSB? I know that Deloitte only recruits for federal, but also that PwC, EY, and McKinsey have a strong recruiting presence. Do these firms, or any others, recruit specifically for strategy consultants at their commercial practices?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2016
Posts: 16
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2016, 23:41
curiousbob wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm in at MSB and am still trying to make up my mind and wanted to revisit a topic that I know was discussed earlier on in the thread. Can anyone (current students or prospective) provide some insight on the firms that actively recruit on campus for commercial strategy consulting roles at MSB? I know that Deloitte only recruits for federal, but also that PwC, EY, and McKinsey have a strong recruiting presence. Do these firms, or any others, recruit specifically for strategy consultants at their commercial practices?



if you find this answer out from a different course can you please msg me I also would like to know this
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 17 Jan 2016, 23:41

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  27    Next  [ 526 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.