Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
The wait is killing me... been checking my email account mulitple times a day!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey,

I've been asked to submit a grade scale. Below is the message:

Your University's transcripts are missing a grading scale. We are looking for an explanation from your university which explains how the courses are graded, including information about the letter grades.

Any idea what they are looking for ? I'm from University of Mumbai wherein the transcripts given to us have a brief description of the grades allotted but not a detailed description of how the courses are graded.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
22suraj wrote:
Hey,

Your University's transcripts are missing a grading scale. We are looking for an explanation from your university which explains how the courses are graded, including information about the letter grades.

Any idea what they are looking for ? I'm from University of Mumbai wherein the transcripts given to us have a brief description of the grades allotted but not a detailed description of how the courses are graded.

I got a similar mail.

"At this point, we have not received a copy of your University transcripts with a list of all courses taken.The version you provided only shows the exams taken during the program, not the individual classes"

Moreover, they also want a proof for TOEFL waiver that I have already provided .

Still figuring out what to do.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
22suraj wrote:
Hey,

I am from Pune Uni and my cumulative mark sheet had a small grading scale chart behind the mark sheet... and they said thats ok. So do that if you have the option...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi,

What should I submit to prove that my undergraduate medium was English ?

I have already submitted the snapshot of my university website as it was mentioned in the application.

Please help !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
karant wrote:
22suraj wrote:
Hey,

I got a similar mail.

"At this point, we have not received a copy of your University transcripts with a list of all courses taken.The version you provided only shows the exams taken during the program, not the individual classes"

Moreover, they also want a proof for TOEFL waiver that I have already provided .

I got a similar e-mail too about the Grade Scale and TOEFL requirement.

1) University's Grade Scale - With regard to this, found one PDF on the university's website. Though it doesn't explicitly explain anything about any grading system, will send it anyway and hope it serves their purpose.

2) Proof of my University's medium of instruction being English - Simply CANNOT find anything on the university's/college's website stating that the medium of instruction was English!

I graduated from Delhi University - anyone here from DU? Maybe you could suggest how to go about either?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Lanesrak wrote:
karant wrote:
22suraj wrote:
Hey,

I got a similar mail.

1) University's Grade Scale - With regard to this, found one PDF on the university's website. Though it doesn't explicitly explain anything about any grading system, will send it anyway and hope it serves their purpose.

2) Proof of my University's medium of instruction being English - Simply CANNOT find anything on the university's/college's website stating that the medium of instruction was English!

I graduated from Delhi University - anyone here from DU? Maybe you could suggest how to go about either?

Guys call up your college and ask for a bonafide certificate (mine gave me in 2 days) ... that will suffice for TOEFL requirement. Also if the pdf doesn't mention rating scale then don't share it.. instead check with your college what they can provide.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Lanesrak wrote:
karant wrote:
22suraj wrote:
Hey,

I got a similar mail.

I just find the snapshot in which it is written that the medium of my university is English.

Try google search as - is english medium of ABC university instead of searching directly on university website.

I was successful in this so sharing with you !Hope this helps !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
karant wrote:

I just find the snapshot in which it is written that the medium of my university is English.

Try google search as - is english medium of ABC university instead of searching directly on university website.

I was successful in this so sharing with you !Hope this helps !

Thank you! Managed to find it :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
received Interview invite just now from Georgetown... :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 630 Q39 V37
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Just got an e-mail saying my application is ready for review, so I am assuming an interview invite will come soon after. Anybody have a timeframe for how long after they received their application status they received their interview invite?! :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
tfidy wrote:
Just got an e-mail saying my application is ready for review, so I am assuming an interview invite will come soon after. Anybody have a timeframe for how long after they received their application status they received their interview invite?! :-D

Would love to know this as well. I got mine last week and banking on if I don't hear anything from them this or next week then it's over (yes, I'm a debbie downer! haha)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Indian applicants on this forum who interviewed in R1 (and R2 if any)... need some help. Did you guys interview face to face? Or did you conduct interview over Skype? Which one is a better option?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Lanesrak wrote:
karant wrote:
22suraj wrote:
Hey,

I got a similar mail.

I'm from Delhi University. My official transcripts clearly state that the medium of instruction is English and the grading scale (First Division, Second division).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
hey just got an interview invite from georgetown... georgetown mba team is in delhi from feb 11-12... i want to appear for a face 2 face interview but my only concern is if i get a call from isb and sp jain and the interview happens to be the same time arnd georgetown then i'll be in trouble... anyone facing similar issues?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AnotherIndianITMale wrote:
hey just got an interview invite from georgetown... georgetown mba team is in delhi from feb 11-12... i want to appear for a face 2 face interview but my only concern is if i get a call from isb and sp jain and the interview happens to be the same time arnd georgetown then i'll be in trouble... anyone facing similar issues?

You should close on the invite you have in hand...when ISB and SP jain eventually do send out invites I am sure they will have multiple dates to choose from. So don't worry...

Also.. in your opinion is f2f interview a better option? I am from Jaipur and I can come down to delhi for interview but I am confused whether to opt for Skype or f2f.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey Prateek,

Good to know that we both belong to Jaipur :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  27   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts