GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 12:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
GPA: 3.31
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 14:57
Did anyone else receive the e-mail containing the status update AFTER receiving the interview invite? I got an interview invite a couple days ago, but just got the e-mail that my application was forwarded to the committee for review. I hope my interview invite wasn't a mistake! :shock:
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.19
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 02:57
saurabh2920 wrote:
Had my interview on 3rd....went on for an hour and I wasn't expecting the written exercise towards the end !

Did they ask you to write a cover letter?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.19

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 03:04
SohamDutta wrote:
Just had my interview as well. Guess they had multiple interviews running simultaneously.
Very friendly lady. Very encouraging and interactive.

Question were:
Tell me about you?
Why MBA? goals?
Why McDonough?
Leadership style?
What would my junior say about me?
Best piece of constructive feedback ever received?
Feedback received from client?
Something about me which is not mentioned in my application?

And then I asked two questions ... one about the Jesuit heritage of the university and the other McDonough strongest selling point.

In short..great experience... nothing to be stressed about.

Thank you!
Did not write a cover letter during the interview?
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '17 (A)

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 06:04
Seems everyone here has received the "your application has been forwarded to the Adcom for Review" e-mail. Am I the only one who hasn't? Please tell me it isn't so..
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 07:52
Lanesrak wrote:
Seems everyone here has received the "your application has been forwarded to the Adcom for Review" e-mail. Am I the only one who hasn't? Please tell me it isn't so..

I didnt receive one neither but I got an interview invite a few weeks ago.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V35
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 2.8
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 08:33
Lanesrak wrote:

You can check the status of your application on the website. After signing in, click on link View Application > Application Status (On the left hand side).

If the status is 'Ready for review', it means the application is forwarded to adcom.

Thanks
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 10:41
karant wrote:
Lanesrak wrote:

You can check the status of your application on the website. After signing in, click on link View Application > Application Status (On the left hand side).

If the status is 'Ready for review', it means the application is forwarded to adcom.

Thanks

I just logged in and it is blank. Probably because I applied through the Consortium.
Current Student
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 12:27
Can someone please explain in detail about this "written component" of the interview process ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Kelley '18
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 18:07
No slots for interview are available. It was mentioned to be available next week. It has been a week.
Any idea when would it be available?
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V31
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 18:45
poojapoddar wrote:
No slots for interview are available. It was mentioned to be available next week. It has been a week.

Please do not wait. I would strongly advise you to drop them an email to confirm if you haven't done so yet. Generally, the adcom is efficient enough to respond on time.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Kelley '18
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 19:20
debjeet wrote:
poojapoddar wrote:

Please do not wait. I would strongly advise you to drop them an email to confirm if you haven't done so yet. Generally, the adcom is efficient enough to respond on time.

Hi Debjeet,

Thank you for your response.
I did send a mail to them. They replied that" As stated in your invitation email, additional Skype appointments will be available online this week."
I am not sure which day of the week. As it is the start of another week now, I checked it today and its still not available.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 19:48
poojapoddar wrote:
debjeet wrote:
poojapoddar wrote:

Hi Debjeet,

I did send a mail to them. They replied that" As stated in your invitation email, additional Skype appointments will be available online this week."
I am not sure which day of the week. As it is the start of another week now, I checked it today and its still not available.

It is still Sunday evening for them. :)
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 22:35
poojapoddar wrote:

Hi..

I dropped a mail to the ADCOM after the invite and all the slots were filled in India. They helped me schedule an off-campus appointment in Delhi for the 13th of Feb, Saturday.
Initially the scheduler didn't show interviews planned on Saturday but later they opened up some more slots.
As suggested, better to schedule with the Adcom over email.

All the best.
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 22:37
Hi,

Can anyone who attended an interview in India share details about the interview process?

Is it blind? By Adcom or alums?

Thanks in advance.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 22:20
Can anyone please share their latest interview experience/s in India?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 22:33
poojapoddar wrote:
debjeet wrote:
poojapoddar wrote:

Hi Debjeet,

Were you able to get an interview slot, Pooja?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2016, 00:09
Hey Guyz,

Just had an interview in the morning slot. It was a pretty conversational one with the adcom member sharing her inputs every now and then. We discussed on the below few topics :

A) Career Transitions.
B) Why MBA? Why now?
C) What do you do outside work?
D) Critical Feedback?
E) Which schools have you applied to?
F) What would you look for in a B-School?
G) Any questions for me?

Best of luck guyz!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2016, 10:07
22suraj wrote:
Hey Guyz,

Just had an interview in the morning slot. It was a pretty conversational one with the adcom member sharing her inputs every now and then. We discussed on the below few topics :

A) Career Transitions.
B) Why MBA? Why now?
D) Critical Feedback?
G) Any questions for me?

Best of luck guyz!

Hey.. Was your interview in Delhi ? How much time do they allot for the interview ?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2016, 10:08
22suraj wrote:
Hey Guyz,

A) Career Transitions.
B) Why MBA? Why now?
D) Critical Feedback?
G) Any questions for me?

Best of luck guyz!

Hey.. Was your interview in Delhi ? How much time do they allot for the interview ? And did you receive interviewer details prior or on the spot?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.46
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 07:30
Good morning all,

Any other US R2 applicants still waiting on interview invitations? I realize that it is a rolling process, but I worry that I might begetting left behind. Hopefully this is just me getting too inside my own head about the whole process. This last month of waiting is more difficult than any GMAT study or essay writing.
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 08 Feb 2016, 07:30

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  27    Next  [ 526 posts ] 

Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap