GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 16:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Schools: Broad '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 08:14
KRMcNamee wrote:
Good morning all,

Any other US R2 applicants still waiting on interview invitations? I realize that it is a rolling process, but I worry that I might begetting left behind. Hopefully this is just me getting too inside my own head about the whole process. This last month of waiting is more difficult than any GMAT study or essay writing.

HI,

Even I have been eagerly waiting. No response yet. Only the Admission Counselor was assigned who told me to wait till the deadline!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.84
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 10:20
snishank wrote:
KRMcNamee wrote:
Good morning all,

Any other US R2 applicants still waiting on interview invitations? I realize that it is a rolling process, but I worry that I might begetting left behind. Hopefully this is just me getting too inside my own head about the whole process. This last month of waiting is more difficult than any GMAT study or essay writing.

HI,

Even I have been eagerly waiting. No response yet. Only the Admission Counselor was assigned who told me to wait till the deadline!

I applied to the part time program and also did not receive an invite yet. I read on last years thread that an important date is Round 1 Deposit Due Date (which is February 15). The Adcom will know at that point how many people will have committed to the program from round 1 and will have an idea of how many seats are left and will send out more invites based on that information.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 12:54
snishank wrote:
KRMcNamee wrote:
Good morning all,

HI,

I want to optimistic, however, it just seems my chances are starting to dwindle as the days go by waiting for an invite. Sad face haha!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 08:01
Yayayo wrote:
snishank wrote:
KRMcNamee wrote:
Good morning all,

HI,

I want to optimistic, however, it just seems my chances are starting to dwindle as the days go by waiting for an invite. Sad face haha!

I applied in R2 and I'm still waiting for an interview invite. Hopefully there are more invites coming out :gl
Director
Director
After an initial review of your application, you may be invited...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 15:02
FROM McDonough Admissions Blog: After an initial review of your application, you may be invited...
After an initial review of your application, you may be invited to interview with a member of the Georgetown McDonough community. This is the chance to give your application a voice and see if the program is the right fit for you. Remember, the interviewer will be assessing you from three different perspectives: what will you add to the classroom?; will you achieve your post-MBA professional goals?; are you someone students would want on their team? Assistant director of MBA Admissions, Michelle Roch shares more interview dos and don’ts.

Do act as if everyone with whom you interact could have a stake in your admissions. You never know who you’ll meet on the elevator or what role they might serve in the admissions process.Do let your passion and personality shine through. Nothing convinces me of your determination more than when your excitement comes through in the interview process.Do dress the part. I’m a firm believer in the motto, you perform your best, when you look your best. We as interviewers will be evaluating you from the perspective of recruiter, so, dress for this interview the same way you would dress for your dream job.Do come prepared to tell your story - why you want the MBA at this point of your journey, what impact you’ve made in your professional career, how you’ve overcome obstacles, and how you’ve developed your world view. Don’t use too much industry-specific jargon. I recommend to practice interviewing with someone outside of your industry to ensure you’re using commonly known terminology.Don’t say anything negative about your former employer or colleagues. This leads me to believe that you’ll talk negatively about your fellow classmates and future employer - not a quality we’d like to associate with the Georgetown McDonough brand.Don’t rush through your answers. Finding the perfect timing can be difficult, but a general rule of thumb is to spend the least amount of time providing background on a specific situation you are describing, and a majority on the actions that you took and overall outcome.Don’t forget to practice. Even if you interview candidates in your current position, or you’ve been interviewed many times before, make sure you are ready to convey your accomplishments and highlights in a condensed time frame of 20 minutes.

Do ask thoughtful questions at the end of the interview. Doing so demonstrates your interest and helps us determine if we will be a good fit for you.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 16:34
Although it doesn't help to get an email from Georgetown "inviting" me to info sessions or other stuff! Don't write me unless it's an invite haha!
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 19:38
Interview comin up tomorrow! Already admitted to two schools!
I'm hoping to ace the interview again to get a good scholarship from GT :-)
Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 21:11
Scheduled an interview for this 13th Saturday at Delhi.

Guys, anyone who has interviewed in Delhi ....can you please share your experiences/questions?

Also is it conducted by Adcom? Is it blind?

Request to also mention any off-beat questions as it would help other applicants prepare well.

Thanks in advance :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Entertainment and Sports)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 22:43
I gave in Mumbai last weekend.
Its Blind. Its by adcom. I think the same adcom will travel to Delhi.
But no offbeat questions. All typical resume walk through, why mba, why georgetown, why now
Difficult to read the responses of the adcom and tell
Good luck
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 01:26
sharpsagi wrote:
Scheduled an interview for this 13th Saturday at Delhi.

Guys, anyone who has interviewed in Delhi ....can you please share your experiences/questions?

Also is it conducted by Adcom? Is it blind?

Request to also mention any off-beat questions as it would help other applicants prepare well.

Thanks in advance :)

Took my interview last week in Mumbai. The adcom is sweet and smiled a lot, made it easy. Very typical questions: Why MBA, Why Georgetown, What did you do at your first job, second job, biggest challenge, review from the first job etc. We ended by talking about the traffic in Mumbai and laughing about how different it is from Washington.
Good luck!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 01:45
Thank you very much Shakib143 and kartikc11.

Wish you all the best for the result.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 01:53
Have an interview coming up on 13th Feb in Delhi. The location is Advant Navis Business Park, Noida...has anyone else interviewed in the same location? Did you guys receive any additional information from Georgetown regarding the contact information of the interviewer prior to the interview?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2016, 02:32
ConsultingBee wrote:
Have an interview coming up on 13th Feb in Delhi. The location is Advant Navis Business Park, Noida...has anyone else interviewed in the same location? Did you guys receive any additional information from Georgetown regarding the contact information of the interviewer prior to the interview?

Interesting... I have interview in Delhi on the same day at ITC Maurya, Diplomatic Enclave.

No additional information received regarding interviewer for me too.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 05:30
Just gave my interview today at ITC Maurya in Delhi with Ashley Robinson (Admissions Director). The interview started off completely different than what others have posted here. Below questions were asked :

1) Why did you undertake post graduate diploma after undergrad? (Specific to my profile)
2) What have been 2 most exciting and challenging projects you have undertaken in your current role?
3) Bad team experience and what did you learn from it?
4) As a manager what feedback have you received from your juniors?
5) Why MBA now?
6) Post MBA goals
7) Why McDonough ?
8) Which other schools and list your preferences if you get through all

Then I asked 3 questions to which she was highly responsive. Ended our conversation by discussing her travel plans in India and gave her some tips for her upcoming trip to Agra :lol: . Overall went well I think, but be prepared to answer off-beat questions , and more importantly, questions which are worded little differently. All the best...
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Merage '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Premium Member
Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 14:46
Just had my Skype interview with the admissions director. (Very friendly)

Questions:
1. Why MBA and Goals
2. Why McDonough
3. Challenge @ work
4. Leadership and team work
5. Conflict with senior
6. What do you bring to the school/ How would you contribute to the MBA class
7. Other schools and how would you decide if you were to get an admit from all the schools

I asked 3 questions in the end. I think it went well.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.46
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 19:08
Great interview insights. Thanks for those.

Random question: I received (what I think is a form email) invitation to an information session on the 22nd. It seems to be for prospective applicants, not those of us waiting on decision status. Does anyone think it is worth attending? Could a bit of face time sway an adcom in my favor?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2016, 01:09
Anyone attending the MBA networking event in Delhi today? It is for alumni and admitted students, and other applicants. Had my interview yesterday.. will attending this event be helpful?
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q162 V170
GPA: 3.32
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 Feb 2016, 18:44
Interviewed with an Alumnus at coffee shop last week. I was a little uncomfortable in the conducting the interview in such a casual environment while adhering to the business attire guidelines.

Questions asked:

Walk me through your resume?
Why MBA?
Why Georgetown?
What international work experience do you have?
What news/topics do you follow outside of your industry?

The interviewer was friendly but seemed to be disinterested as my background was polar opposite of his own. Did not leave with a good feeling but we shall see. Good luck to everyone still going through interviews.

Originally posted by jb103l on 14 Feb 2016, 18:41.
Last edited by jb103l on 14 Feb 2016, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
GPA: 3.41

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2016, 07:27
Hi guys, do R2 applicants have chances to get a scholarship if being admitted?
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V31
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2016, 08:13
danbaizhi1990 wrote:
Hi guys, do R2 applicants have chances to get a scholarship if being admitted?

Yes, chances are of course there. However, lesser amount is available to be distributed for scholarships when compared to R1
Re: Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! &nbs [#permalink] 15 Feb 2016, 08:13

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  27    Next  [ 526 posts ] 

Calling all McDonough Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap