Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:08 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Name: Pranav Sharma
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [5]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hi everyone,
I have submitted my application on 01 Feb. Students applying for the April 1 deadline may practice the following Video application questions. If this post is of any help, please Kudo

People are more motivated by altruism than self interest. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
What advice would you give yourself five years ago?
What parts of your life are you most disciplined in? Why do you think that is?
Tell me about something funny that happened to you recently.
How would you estimate the revenue generated from ticket sales at the London 2012 Olympics? Take us through your thinking.
Where do you excel professionally and would love to do as a part of your job?
What is your favourite city or town, and why?
Tell us about when you faced a difficult professional situation. How did you handle it and what did you learn?
Tell me about the pets you had growing up. If you didn't have one, which would you have liked, and why?
What do you do outside of work?
Tell us about a situation where your values were challenged. How did you respond and what did you learn?
Tell us about a recent dream you had.
Tell us a person or mentor who has influenced you and how so
Who are some of the leaders you most admire? Why?
Why should the committee invite you for interview?
Tell us about a time you failed. How did you feel and what did you learn?
If you have to explain Internet to someone your age, but back in the year 1900, how would you do?
If you are given unlimited resources (money etc) for 1 day, what will you do and why?
There is a dark room with no light and nothing else. What will you do there if sent in for 2 hrs.
Tell us about a time when you received difficult feedback. How did you respond?
A day of rock climbing, or a day of reading. Why does this choice suit you?
Tell us about a personal attribute that has helped you the most in getting you to where you are today.
Where is your hometown how would you describe it?
What is the one thing you will be never be as good at as others?
Is it better to be perfect and late, or”good” and on time?
How would your supervisor describe you?
Who was your favourite teacher and why?
Have you worked up to your potential? Why or why not?
What will your recommender say about you?
What is the most significant contribution you have made to your company or school? What effect did it have on others?
Which one song would describe you in the workplace> why that specific song?
What do you do in your free time after work/school?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q38 V37
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Re: Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Applied 1/31 and received interview invite 2/4.

Thanks for the fast turnaround Smeal!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Anybody else with an invite for interview..?

i also submitted on 31/01. but have not recvd invite yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
riyazgilani wrote:

I also submitted on 31Jan and got an interview invitation on 4Feb. Good luck guys!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
smallurgo wrote:
riyazgilani wrote:

I also submitted on 31Jan and got an interview invitation on 4Feb. Good luck guys!

Is there any way to find out whether smeal has rcvd my Gmat/Toefl score..? i had submitted on 24th Jan.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
riyazgilani wrote:
smallurgo wrote:
riyazgilani wrote:

Is there any way to find out whether smeal has rcvd my Gmat/Toefl score..? i had submitted on 24th Jan.

I received a notification email from Smeal to confirm that they have already received my GMAT/IELTS score right after I had submitted application on 31Jan. I assume that it is an official way. Regarding your case, you should contact directly to Admission Committee.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 580 Q33 V36
WE:Account Management (Education)
Send PM
Got the interview invite this morning. I submitted my application 1/31/16.
Scheduled for next week!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
got interview invite :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone that interviewed recently heard anything back yet? I applied January 18th, got invited to interview a few days later and actually had my interview February 3rd.

I felt like the interview went well and I was just curious if I'll now have to wait until April 1st or if there is a chance I'll hear something soon.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
please share your experience or any advice regarding your interview . Any curveballs or it is standard ?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 160
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Applied to smeal on 1/2/2016....no interview invite yet :-( I am guessing most of the invites have been rolled out :-/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rcvd the invitation for the interview today. I had submitted my app on 31/01/2016.

can ppl who are done with the interviews share their experience..?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 580 Q33 V36
WE:Account Management (Education)
Send PM
Kudos