Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q38 V37
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q38 V37
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Re: Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
smallurgo wrote:
Congratulations. Have they offered you any scholarship yet? I am waiting for such a phone call :)

Yeah I got a couple bucks. Received scholarship and admit information this afternoon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
rcnet87 wrote:
smallurgo wrote:
Congratulations. Have they offered you any scholarship yet? I am waiting for such a phone call :)

Yeah I got a couple bucks. Received scholarship and admit information this afternoon.

Amazing! Could you tell me how much they offered you (% of tuition fee, GA or not). Let me know if you don't feel comfortable with my question :D. Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Please with recent admits, there is a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students.
Please pm your contact details (With Country Codes) for adding you there!

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Got an interview call two days after submitting my application. Interview on Feb 3 2016. Still awaiting a decision. Applicant from India.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 160
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi Guys...Received an interview invite last Friday...Have scheduled an interview via skype around 15th March...It would be really useful if people could share their interview experiences :-) Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Any Decisions ( Admit/Deny ) for R3 Applicants ?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
People, new admits, kindly let us know. Will add you to the https://gmatclub.com/chat group!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
sumitimpax007 wrote:
Any Decisions ( Admit/Deny ) for R3 Applicants ?

Still waiting for a decision. Gave interview on Feb 3.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
On the same boat . I had my interview on 25 feb.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
2nd round Indian applicant. had my interview on 23rd Feb. awaiting decision.

anybody from 2nd round got anything..?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Had my interview on 25 Feb.
No updates yet. I think they will send the decision by April 1 only.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Had my interview on 29Feb. I feel more hopeful when hearing about all your situations. Good luck to us!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Received an admit right now. No info on scholarship. Mail said official mail to be sent out in few days.
Hoping for scholarship!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congratulations, Gmatsing!. Has any other candidate received admission decision yet? :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Nope. Still waiting for the result. Interviewed on the 18th of Feb.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Send PM
FROM News Penn State: Global Immersion: Destination–Johannesburg!
The concept of Ubuntu—“I am; because of you”*—is a central guiding principle of South African culture. In early March, I was able to experience Ubuntu firsthand as staff leader for the Penn State Smeal MBA Johannesburg Global Immersion trip, and I don’t think I’m alone in saying it was life changing.

Ubuntu pays respect to leaders, such as Nelson Mandela, and the sacrifices they made for their country and their people. This spirit is also reflected in the way South Africans conduct business with each other and with the world. Their humbleness and gratitude were apparent in every Penn State interaction throughout a week of amazing experiences.

As I set out to write a blog post about my Global Immersion journey, I wanted to be certain to capture that spirit of Ubuntu. It came through in sessions with established companies like Coca-Cola, EY, and Ogilvy & Mather. It came through in meetings with entrepreneurs like those from New Africa Petroleum and The Soweto Hotel. It came through in visits to cultural destinations like the Apartheid Museum, the Hector Pieterson Memorial and the Nelson Mandela Centre for Memory. Just a few of many highlights:

• Halfway around the world, the Penn State bond and spirit was still strong! We connected with two alumni from Penn State, one from the Smeal MBA program and one from the Penn State Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management Program, and heard their amazing stories of success, sacrifice, prosperity, and hard work. We were invited into their world and lives with open arms, and they—busy executives—readily took time to speak to every student who wanted to connect with them personally.
  • Our tour guide was a masterful storyteller and a man who lived through the rise and fall of apartheid. He led us through Soweto, one of the poorest townships in Johannesburg, and introduced us (in Freedom Square), to a trio of teenaged boy singers who had requested to perform for his visitors from Penn State. The group, from Kliptown, sent chills down our spines with a rendition of the South African national anthem.
  • We visited the Henley Business School and met participants in the Food Lovers Market Leadership Development Program. One young man we met with told us his story of growing up with no shoes. He asked if he could be in our picture with the Nittany Lion mascot, and asked if maybe he could learn more about going to Penn State someday. We talked of our daily lives over a traditional South African lunch.
Very much like our iconic “WE ARE…PENN STATE!” cheer, Ubuntu helps to define the South African experience and aspires to bring very diverse groups of people together as one. While it was fascinating to hear about global strategy, product marketing, and how goods move through the continent, it was the many personal connections we built and strengthened in South Africa that made the journey so special and unique. And, to experience it with our students, and learn alongside of them was simply the opportunity of a lifetime for me.

(*The definition of Ubuntu has been cited in many places and varies slightly from source to source. For additional information please see this TED Talk by Boyd Varty, and the accompanying article, as a helpful starting point: https://blog.ted.com/further-reading-on-ubuntu/). The quote I have used above is taken from here).

–Stacey Dorang Peeler

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Not yet. Interviewed on 25 Feb
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts