Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 444
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.48
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 234 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
sj0070 wrote:
Oh Well.. I think i need time to digest this!
So here we go-

Application Deadline- 1st Dec
Interview Invite- 8th Dec
Interview complete- 11th Dec
Admission Result- 14th Dec (About 30 mins back)

Admission Decision- Admitted (Full ride)

Wohooo...!
Thank you everyone in this forum for all the assistance! A newbie got first admit!

Would you mind sharing your profile?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Can anyone from the school share the email id of Brenda Fabian?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
guys. . anyone know if there is a watzapp group for admitted students for Smeal 2018 class ? Just to stay in touch.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
Indian/Male/Automotive Engineer/WE:4 years/640/Feb 1 Deadline...
Shall i proceed?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Wish you all a very Happy New year!!

Is there any whatsap group for admitted students of class of 2018?
If not kindly PM me ,I will create one.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Yes there is a group buddy.
Please PM me our number and we will add you there.

ddb wrote:
Wish you all a very Happy New year!!

Is there any whatsap group for admitted students of class of 2018?
If not kindly PM me ,I will create one.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
Hi guys, for those who interviewed, how many days did you have to wait to receive any news?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Hi guys. Just submitted by application and completed all the parts of my application yesterday. How long does Penn State take to come back with a reply?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Guys can everyone share their profile details of admitted students in this order

GMAT score:
Work exp:
Nature of Work:Consulting/IT/Finance etc..
International candidate: Yes/No
GPA:
R1/R2/R3:
Scholarship details:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ariasvania wrote:
Hi guys, for those who interviewed, how many days did you have to wait to receive any news?

I think they are quite fast in processing and if you are close to(within 10 days) of the decision deadline, its all the same. I requested for an early decision due to some conflicts with other schools and they were very accommodating.
Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
Ralphcuisak wrote:
ariasvania wrote:

I think they are quite fast in processing and if you are close to(within 10 days) of the decision deadline, its all the same. I requested for an early decision due to some conflicts with other schools and they were very accommodating.
Hope this helps!

Agree with what Ralph has mentioned here. You can expect a reply starting about a week before the decision deadline. However, since the inflow of applications will be more in the second round and onward, my guess is the results won't be declared until the deadline.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Hello All,

I submitted my application(completed all activities on Tuesday) and got an interview invite today. However, there are only three interview slots open, that is for next week and I wont be available for the same. The weeks after that are not activated. Should I write a mail to the university?

Please suggest.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Send PM
FROM News Penn State: Clarification Statement
In almost every admissions application, you have an opportunity to include additional information, beyond the requested questions, that you think might be helpful to the admissions committee. The Smeal MBA application includes the opportunity to provide an optional “clarification statement.” If you find yourself wondering whether or not you should disclose something that you think the admissions committee is likely to ask you about, it’s best to be up front and provide an explanation. Here are just a few examples of areas, that if applicable, you may want to clarify.

A gap or gaps in your resume. Some people have gaps for wonderful reasons such as moving across the country or traveling abroad to get married or otherwise address family matters. Some applicants might have gaps in their employment due to a long-term illness, caring for an elderly parent, raising a family, or being terminated from a job. Employment gaps aren’t necessarily bad, but it’s best to help the admissions team understand why there’s a gap. Not addressing the reason for an employment gap can seem like you are trying to hide something you fear might be damaging to your prospects.

Several job jumps. This is especially noticeable if you haven’t held a single job for more than two years. If you have a continuous upward career trajectory, even across several organizations, or if you have remained with the same company and continue to be promoted; no explanation is necessary. If you’ve taken what might appear to be demotions or your resume could suggest you can’t maintain a job for a significant period of time, explaining your reasons for job jumping is helpful. Admissions staff understand that sometimes, for example, a reduction in job responsibilities might be a trade-off for starting a family, or an opportunity to live in closer proximity to relatives. Just don’t keep us guessing.

A downward trend in the grades on your transcript or a semester of lackluster grades. Academic challenges do happen even to the most diligent student; just let us know why. Without explaining a semester of serious illness or other major life event, it may seem that lower grades in one semester are due to scheduling issues or struggling through intensive coursework, which may not reflect well on your prospects for a rigorous MBA program.

Re-taking your GMAT. Please let us know the date of your rescheduled GMAT exam. We won’t make an admissions decision until we receive your newest score.

At Smeal we value honesty and will consider every unique situation with fairness. Take full advantage of the clarification statement if any of these situations or other circumstances apply to your application. Every applicant is always given thorough and respectful consideration.

Brenda Fabian

MBA Associate Director of Admissions

Impact Smeal Day – Mentoring
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hello,
I am planning to submit the application in a day or two.
Do we need to submit the official scores in order for the application to be complete? Or can the application review process start with the unofficial copy of score?
Worried because even if i initiate the score reporting process today, it may take 10-15 days for the scores to reach the institute and the next deadline is on 1st Feb.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
mp89 wrote:
Hello,
I am planning to submit the application in a day or two.
Do we need to submit the official scores in order for the application to be complete? Or can the application review process start with the unofficial copy of score?
Worried because even if i initiate the score reporting process today, it may take 10-15 days for the scores to reach the institute and the next deadline is on 1st Feb.

The school gives you a window of about 5-7 days, after the deadline, for the official copy to be reported to them from GMAC. The review however starts only when the copies are receieved since only then the application is marked complete. In my experience it hasn't taken more than a week for the copies to be received.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello Guys, We are hosting a webinar for Waitlisted applicants. If any of those who are waitlisted is interested in attending this event, sign up here how-to-get-off-the-mba-waitlist-webinar-by-gmat-club-and-mbamission-212335.html
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V40
GRE 1: Q158 V156
GPA: 3.62
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
In! Submitted my app.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts