Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 2.88
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]
shinigamikirin wrote:
Do they just waitlist everyone who gave the interview? MBADataguru says there's about 10% chance of getting through a tuck waitlist.

I don't think so. I'm assuming the waitlist is probably 40 applicants long as of now. I'm purely speculating.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! [#permalink]
mbanter wrote:
Looking at the previous threads, the waitlist movement generally happens in April-May with a few lucky students getting accepted in Feb too. Fingers crossed, Tuck was my top choice!

Good luck. Tuck was my top choice too. Hopefully I'll hear before I have to register for classes at Stern and pay the fee.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is anyone sending in additional material? I'm not planning to retake the GMAT.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Can GMATclub organize any session/webinar with some experts (Tuck alums, Adcom, etc) on how to deal with this, what to do, what not to do, how to deal with matriculating from some other school while waiting for waitlist results? Accepted and Rejected are much easier to deal with than this limbo of uncertainty.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anyone receive a call or some communication from the AdCom regarding feedback or dates? Some insight would be really helpful on how and when does the waitlist typically move

Sent from my Nexus 5X using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbanter wrote:
Did anyone receive a call or some communication from the AdCom regarding feedback or dates? Some insight would be really helpful on how and when does the waitlist typically move

From the previous year threads, it seems that the feedback takes place during spring[mar-apr], and then decisions starting from May.

However, it seems there were some lucky ones who got their decision as early as Mar? but can't verify that! :?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is there any data to show that If waitlisted applicants re-apply next year, they have a higher chance of getting in?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Duke '19 (M)
Send PM
Recently submitted an application update. January Round decisions coming out early February so maybe someone will get lucky!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [1]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Dondarrion wrote:
Recently submitted an application update. January Round decisions coming out early February so maybe someone will get lucky!

Good luck bud. Hope you get in
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.76
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
mridulmthr wrote:
Is there any data to show that If waitlisted applicants re-apply next year, they have a higher chance of getting in?

I'm not sure is there is any data, but I was at Tuck today and we had a Q&A with an associate director of admissions. She said they like reapplicants. If an applicant is denied and plans to reapply, Tuck will offer detailed feedback and recommendations on what to do before reapplying. If you show them that you're listening to their advice and making the recommended changes, I'm sure they will look favorably upon your efforts. The same is true for those on the waitlist.

mbanter wrote:

Based on what I learned today, they provide feedback to waitlisted applicants after January round decisions are made. They start offering feedback to those from the earliest round of applicants first and work their way through the rounds. It can take a while to provide feedback, and all feedback will be actions you can take while on the waitlist. Waitlist feedback will not be things like "get more work experience," but it could be something like "retake the GMAT."
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
KE139 wrote:
mridulmthr wrote:

I'm not sure is there is any data, but I was at Tuck today and we had a Q&A with an associate director of admissions. She said they like reapplicants. If an applicant is denied and plans to reapply, Tuck will offer detailed feedback and recommendations on what to do before reapplying. If you show them that you're listening to their advice and making the recommended changes, I'm sure they will look favorably upon your efforts. The same is true for those on the waitlist.

mbanter wrote:

Based on what I learned today, they provide feedback to waitlisted applicants after January round decisions are made. They start offering feedback to those from the earliest round of applicants first and work their way through the rounds. It can take a while to provide feedback, and all feedback will be actions you can take while on the waitlist. Waitlist feedback will not be things like "get more work experience," but it could be something like "retake the GMAT."

I guess they are genuinely looking for people who want to go to Tuck and being waitlisted as much as it sucks, you have high chances.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does it make sense to send an update letter, if you haven't had any radical developments?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mridulmthr wrote:
Does it make sense to send an update letter, if you haven't had any radical developments?

Hi, from some research and listening to a few webinars, it's advised to not go back to adcoms with insignificant updates, it just shows desperation. We should sit tight and wait for them to give feedback, although major changes like a new GMAT or a new role in organisation should be informed immediately.

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply

How to Get Off the MBA Waitlist - YouTube Live by GMAT Club and Personal MBA Coach.

Dear Waitlisted Applicants,
You put a lot of time and effort into your MBA applications and, after months of hard work, you’re…waiting. It’s ok to scream into a pillow or go to town on a punching bag. It’s frustrating! But after you do, sign up for this youtube live session hosted by Scott Edinburgh, Founder of Personal MBA Coach. He'll talk about the process, the stats, do's and don'ts, and what has worked for his clients in the past. He'll wrap everything up with a live Q&A session. You don't want to miss this!

About Scott Edinburgh

A Wharton MBA graduate with a BS from MIT, Scott has been an MBA admissions consultant for eight years and has helped hundreds of applicants around the world get into top MBA programs. Besides perfecting the MBA admissions process and making dreams come true for applicants from Tokyo to San Francisco and everywhere in between, he has also worked across consulting, financial services and strategy & corporate development roles before becoming a Full-Time admissions consultant. He ran Global Strategy / Corporate Development as a Director of a 700 person leading independent publishing company. He also worked for InterContinental Hotels Group in Global Strategy, as well as JP Morgan and Deloitte Consulting in Mergers & Acquisitions. His experience in many of the jobs applicants have today or hope to obtain post-MBA helps him advise them on the best ways to not only get into their top choice schools, but position themselves for their dream jobs.

As an individual MBA admissions consultant, he takes the time to get to know every client personally as they go through the journey together. This starts with a deep analysis into applicant's background, an identification of his/her objectives and a thorough development of personal story. His no BS approach ensures that nothing falls through the cracks and his feedback is honest, non-sugar coated and immediate. He push his clients very hard and the work pays off. 96% of his clients got into one of their top two or three schools. He works with applicants applying to full-time MBA programs as well as Executive and part-time MBA programs.

Date and Time:

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time (4 PM GMT; 9:30 PM India; 12 AM Singapore)

Joining Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr-wDgaTpMU

Add this event to your Google calendar

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys. I have a weird situation. My manager (also my recommender) knows that I'm on a waitlist here. He had offered me a promotion, conditioned on me staying with the firm for the next 2-3 years. While, I won't take up this promotion, can I inform the adcom of this situation? Or does it may me look like I'm bragging?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51452 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Anybody waitlisted from Nov round?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
mridulmthr wrote:
Guys. I have a weird situation. My manager (also my recommender) knows that I'm on a waitlist here. He had offered me a promotion, conditioned on me staying with the firm for the next 2-3 years. While, I won't take up this promotion, can I inform the adcom of this situation? Or does it may me look like I'm bragging?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Are companies allowed to do that? I've never been at a place that had a contract for a promotion-- unless you just mean promising to stay, in which case in theory you could promise and then break it and burn that bridge...

But no, I don't think you can tell Ad Comm that you ALMOST got a promotion. I think you actually have to receive one to be able to offer anything to them.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts