GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 May 2019, 00:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
G
Status: No matter how bad it is or how bad it gets: I am going to make it.
Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Posts: 48
Location: Ukraine
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE: Sales (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2017, 23:14
hiren2011 wrote:
mbsingh wrote:
Vanmotan wrote:
Has anyone received a personalized feedback from R2 yet?



Not that i am aware of, but we have tuck chat this tuesday. You can ask during the chat or i can ask on your behalf.



I did.
On Thursday they sent me an email. Obviously, it pointed towards my low GMAT for the pool they are looking at.

Anyone else? Any different suggestions/feedback?


Thank you for the info. Still waiting for the feedback.
_________________
The more we do, the more we can do.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 6204
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2017, 04:46
Tuesday, April 18: Live Chat with Tuck Admission Director


Dear Applicants, We will conduct a live chat next week with Amy Mitson, Interim Co-Director of Admissions at Tuck. This is the last live chat of this application season. We hope all of you will attend the chat. If anyone can't attend the session but has questions for Tuck adcom, you can PM your questions to me and I will try to get their answers from the adcom. Thank you! See y'all in the event.

April 18, 2017 | Tuesday | 9:00 AM Pacific Time; 12:00 PM Eastern Time; 4:00 PM GMT | Place:New Chat Room
Add this event to your Google calendar




Brief intro of Amy Mitson: Amy has been at Tuck since 2000 and is currently Interim Co-Director of Admissions. Prior to working with Tuck Admissions, Amy was the Senior Associate Director of the MBA Program Office. As an admissions officer at Tuck, Amy serves on the admissions committee, reads applications, interviews candidates, oversees the campus visitation program, and manages recruiting efforts in Asia. Her combined student services and admissions experiences have helped her get acquainted with the day-to-day operations at Tuck as well as its history. Her favorite thing about Tuck is the people; working with the faculty, staff and students is a consistent source of motivation and inspiration.

Image
_________________
Starts from Feb 4th: MBA Video Series, Video answers to specific components and questions about the MBA application.
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 318
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2017, 10:38
Vanmotan wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:
mbsingh wrote:

Not that i am aware of, but we have tuck chat this tuesday. You can ask during the chat or i can ask on your behalf.



I did.
On Thursday they sent me an email. Obviously, it pointed towards my low GMAT for the pool they are looking at.

Anyone else? Any different suggestions/feedback?


Thank you for the info. Still waiting for the feedback.



An email from Tuck, a few weeks back, said they have been busy and thus, working through their feedback as time progresses.
I got GMAT, which was an obvious answer; but nothing else. So, if in case you have any obvious item to improve upon, start working on it as soon as possible.
Other than that, we know how hard it is to expect any movement on waitlist at any school, let alone Tuck.
So, all the best.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 6204
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2017, 08:29
Tuck adcom chat will start in 20 minutes. If you are around, join the main chat room https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu

Narenn wrote:
Tuesday, April 18: Live Chat with Tuck Admission Director


Dear Applicants, We will conduct a live chat next week with Amy Mitson, Interim Co-Director of Admissions at Tuck. This is the last live chat of this application season. We hope all of you will attend the chat. If anyone can't attend the session but has questions for Tuck adcom, you can PM your questions to me and I will try to get their answers from the adcom. Thank you! See y'all in the event.

April 18, 2017 | Tuesday | 9:00 AM Pacific Time; 12:00 PM Eastern Time; 4:00 PM GMT | Place:New Chat Room
Add this event to your Google calendar




Brief intro of Amy Mitson: Amy has been at Tuck since 2000 and is currently Interim Co-Director of Admissions. Prior to working with Tuck Admissions, Amy was the Senior Associate Director of the MBA Program Office. As an admissions officer at Tuck, Amy serves on the admissions committee, reads applications, interviews candidates, oversees the campus visitation program, and manages recruiting efforts in Asia. Her combined student services and admissions experiences have helped her get acquainted with the day-to-day operations at Tuck as well as its history. Her favorite thing about Tuck is the people; working with the faculty, staff and students is a consistent source of motivation and inspiration.

Image

_________________
Starts from Feb 4th: MBA Video Series, Video answers to specific components and questions about the MBA application.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Jul 2015
Posts: 26
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2017, 21:45
Hi, was this chat archived?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
avatar
G
Joined: 03 Aug 2016
Posts: 353
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2017, 21:47
mbanter wrote:
Hi, was this chat archived?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?mo ... e&start=25

Here you go
_________________
My MBA Journey - https://smalldoubledouble.com
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 318
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2017, 09:46
Anyone off the waitlist?
What are the things people here are doing to get off the list?
I was told to go for GMAT. What are other feedback suggestions?
Current Student
User avatar
G
Status: No matter how bad it is or how bad it gets: I am going to make it.
Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Posts: 48
Location: Ukraine
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE: Sales (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2017, 10:58
hiren2011 wrote:
Anyone off the waitlist?
What are the things people here are doing to get off the list?
I was told to go for GMAT. What are other feedback suggestions?


I was told the movement in the WL will begin at the end of May - June.
_________________
The more we do, the more we can do.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2017
Posts: 1
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2017, 11:49
Hi All,

I have a situation I am considering. I am currently on the waitlist . Due to an emergency situation, it might be difficult for me to attend B-school this year. But I am not exactly sure if this situation will be resolved. Therefore I dont want to opt-out of waitlist outrigt. But I feel it will reflect poorly if I dont say anything now and later show my un-availability. Do you think I should point this out to adcom ? Will it jeopardize my chances?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jun 2015
Posts: 36
Reviews Badge
Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2017, 12:27
sapientsnape wrote:
Hi All,

I have a situation I am considering. I am currently on the waitlist . Due to an emergency situation, it might be difficult for me to attend B-school this year. But I am not exactly sure if this situation will be resolved. Therefore I dont want to opt-out of waitlist outrigt. But I feel it will reflect poorly if I dont say anything now and later show my un-availability. Do you think I should point this out to adcom ? Will it jeopardize my chances?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.


Does your admit change anything about the situation and somehow push you to address it better? If so, say nothing. If not, it's better for you to be upfront about it if especially if you are thinking about Tuck in the future. Also, have you received feedback?
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jun 2015
Posts: 36
Reviews Badge
Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2017, 08:13
Apparently, last year a few waitlist-ers were asked to confirm interest, some/most of them were offered admission. Did anyone receive anything?
Current Student
User avatar
G
Status: No matter how bad it is or how bad it gets: I am going to make it.
Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Posts: 48
Location: Ukraine
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE: Sales (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2017, 10:09
2
ramp275 wrote:
Apparently, last year a few waitlist-ers were asked to confirm interest, some/most of them were offered admission. Did anyone receive anything?


Got a call 3 hours ago. I was admitted to Tuck'19 from the WL!
_________________
The more we do, the more we can do.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jun 2015
Posts: 36
Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2017, 10:16
Vanmotan wrote:
ramp275 wrote:
Apparently, last year a few waitlist-ers were asked to confirm interest, some/most of them were offered admission. Did anyone receive anything?


Got a call 3 hours ago. I was admitted to Tuck'19 from the WL!


Congratulations! Nicely done. What feedback did you receive?
Current Student
User avatar
G
Status: No matter how bad it is or how bad it gets: I am going to make it.
Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Posts: 48
Location: Ukraine
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE: Sales (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2017, 10:37
ramp275 wrote:
Vanmotan wrote:
ramp275 wrote:
Apparently, last year a few waitlist-ers were asked to confirm interest, some/most of them were offered admission. Did anyone receive anything?


Got a call 3 hours ago. I was admitted to Tuck'19 from the WL!


Congratulations! Nicely done. What feedback did you receive?


Thank you, ramp275!

Actually my weakest point was GMAT 670, but I managed to retake it BEFORE I got any feedback.
So, in the end, I got little feedback. The adcom recognized my proactive approach.
_________________
The more we do, the more we can do.
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 318
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2017, 11:15
1
Vanmotan wrote:

Got a call 3 hours ago. I was admitted to Tuck'19 from the WL!



Cool Vanmotan.... Congratulations!!.
Even your jump is good too, 60 points. Anyway, congratulations and all the best.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 22 Aug 2014
Posts: 161
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 14:08
sapientsnape wrote:
Hi All,

I have a situation I am considering. I am currently on the waitlist . Due to an emergency situation, it might be difficult for me to attend B-school this year. But I am not exactly sure if this situation will be resolved. Therefore I dont want to opt-out of waitlist outrigt. But I feel it will reflect poorly if I dont say anything now and later show my un-availability. Do you think I should point this out to adcom ? Will it jeopardize my chances?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.


I don't agree that it would reflect poorly.

People's situations change and MBA programs can't fault you if you decline a spot off the waitlist, especially when they give you only a couple months notice. Around this time of year I got off the waitlist and into the school that was originally my #1 choice. I had been on the waitlist since Round 1 and told them back then that they were my top choice. By the time that they finally gave me the good news, my life inertia had taken hold. I had already rented an apartment in my #2 school's city and my wife had already transferred jobs. The adcom was a little disappointed when I said that I couldn't make it work, but they understood how little runway they gave me.

However, if you have been telling Tuck that they are your #1 choice for business school and then you decline a spot in the class because you got off the waitlist at another school, then shows a lack of honesty and might reflect poorly. Either way, this is your life and you need to be okay with the ethical feelings of your actions. Does this help?
_________________
Best,
Nate


IvyAdmissionsGroup.com | Want to know your odds of admission? Get our free assessment here.
Apply to business school like you're running for office. You're the candidate. We're your campaign managers.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 22 Aug 2014
Posts: 161
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 14:29
2
hiren2011 wrote:
Anyone off the waitlist?
What are the things people here are doing to get off the list?
I was told to go for GMAT. What are other feedback suggestions?


In the case of Tuck, if the admissions committee is transparent about you needing to improve your GMAT score up to a certain level, then study hard and try to nail it! Most of the time, however, Adcoms are more taciturn about what applicants need to do to get off the waitlist.

Unless the Adcom has given you specific guidance on what you need to do in your individual case, I would recommend concentrating your efforts at getting off the waitlist into strategic communications that you share with the Tuck Admissions Committee. I've helped write a ton of these "update letters" -- starting when I was stuck on the waitlists of HBS, GSB, and Wharton! -- and the best ones address one or more of the following:

1. Fixing your personal narrative, which was likely not compelling in your old application

2. Showing accomplishment in your job and, to a lesser extent, in your community involvements

3. Demonstrate your commitment to the school, your fit with the community, and the way in which you would give back to the extracurricular life.

Now it is very easy to write a bad update letter, much like the kind of essay that landed one on the waitlist, and exceptionally hard to write a good one. Often its because you live too close to your own experience to see how the letter comes across. I advise a lot of students that get stuck on MBA waitlists and wrote two blog posts about it on Ivy Admissions Group that you may find interesting

- How to get off the MBA waitlist (Part 1)

- How to get off the MBA waitlist (Part 2)

I can totally empathize with your situation and hope this helps! Best of luck to you!


Want to get off the waitlist? Check out the "Conquer the Waitlist" service at Ivy Admissions Group.com


_________________
Best,
Nate


IvyAdmissionsGroup.com | Want to know your odds of admission? Get our free assessment here.
Apply to business school like you're running for office. You're the candidate. We're your campaign managers.
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 318
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jun 2017, 23:57
Just heard back on Friday,
"We are expecting very few acceptances from waitlist, if any, at this stage".
So, if someone is holding their breath, its time to breath easy!! :)
Even with some improvements in the areas identified by feedback, this is what I heard.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 79
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2017, 08:51
hiren2011 - did you email them or did they send you an email?
Current Student
avatar
S
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 318
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2017, 12:24
bankerboy30 wrote:
hiren2011 - did you email them or did they send you an email?



I updated them of my new GMAT score - a 20 pts improvement and that is when I got the response.
I was kind of expecting similar response, but I had promised my admission officer of the result update by a certain date, so I updated them anyway. I am an international too, so everyday that passes by without any positive response from them makes it more difficult to pursue it.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!   [#permalink] 20 Jun 2017, 12:24

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 62 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Tuck (Dartmouth) Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: nokia1200



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.