Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Nonprofit
GPA: 2.8
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Did any of the reapplicants already had their interview?
If yes, can you please share your experience. Were the questions asked different from the questions for a first-time applicant? Or were they all same?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
TXRock wrote:
ersheet wrote:
Do we still have any hope for further interview invites to be sent??? I am Indian candidate and my application status changed to completed a couple of weeks back!!!

For your reference, I was invited to interview and did so a few weeks ago, my current status is "Under Review".

I am awaiting a reply from the AdCom. My status has been "Under Review" for over 3 weeks now. Could you let me know your profile please?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
harsh2193 wrote:
TXRock wrote:
ersheet wrote:
Do we still have any hope for further interview invites to be sent??? I am Indian candidate and my application status changed to completed a couple of weeks back!!!

For your reference, I was invited to interview and did so a few weeks ago, my current status is "Under Review".

I am awaiting a reply from the AdCom. My status has been "Under Review" for over 3 weeks now. Could you let me know your profile please?

My application status has been under review since Nov 4. I am an Indian, engineer (telecom), 6 yrs of work ex and have a GMAT score of 730!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Hi Everybody,
Currently I'm first year student at McCombs. If you have any questions regarding the program or admissions I will be more than happy to answer.
A few recommendations, for those who are applying:
1. GMAT is really matter
2. Try to get on campus and talk to admissions team face-to-face
For those who are considering McCombs -
90% of students who were interested in IB got into IB
80% got into Consulting
80% landed jobs within Technology companies
McCombs does put a lot efforts to help you find a perfect spot for you!
Salary wise, don't look at average numbers, those are misleading:
140k in California is not even close to 100k in Austin or Texas. https://www.nerdwallet.com/cost-of-livi ... -francisco
Summarize:
You will get almost the same opportunities as you will get in TOP10 MBA programs. Why almost: PE/VC - is really hard to get into after McCombs.
Consulting - Just McKinsey is really hard to crack.
CPG - Unilever and P&G don't recruit on campus but if you are interested you fill find alumni in those companies who will help you to navigate through recruiting process.
Try to compare apples to apples!
About current students, some facts:
1. I know a person who studied in Kelley for half a year, applied to McCombs, got in and quit Kelley.
2. I know a few students who got almost perfect score on GMAT
3. There are a few who started companies and sold those for $$$
There are tons of students with really amazing and interesting background!
Recommendation to my friends from India and China:
Honestly your backgrounds are almost the same (Indians are engineers, Chinese either manufacturing or finance) , try differentiate yourself, try to think outside the box and create the story why you and only you should be admitted. McCombs looks at diversity.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi,
I will answer a few questions that I received from you:
1. In you more than three months at McCombs, how has been your experience with the professors and how often do you interact with them outside the class? - Not really often, because first few months are REALLY busy. Homeworks, projects, MBA+ consulting projects, case competitions, networking events and many other small things. Next semester I will be less busy, thus i will interact more with teachers outside the class. Some of the students find time to interact, teachers are really responsive and they encourage to reach out.

2. What has been your favorite class and who has been your favorite professor till now? - Class - i think stats, because that was something new to me and the knowledge that I received are really applicable to real world. Teacher - so far Operations Management Professor, hi is former Dean and current independent consultant for Oil and Gas companies

3. How is the School’s social scene like? Did you face any challenges accommodating to the environment at McCombs? - I'm international, that was a little be challenging to adjust to new reality. Social life- there many social and networking events, where you can mingle. Biggest one every thursday Think-n-Drink with MBA McCombs students.

4. As a first year student, how supportive did you find the alumni network, the career management team, and the second year students? -
Second years are really supportive, career management is great, alumni are very responsive!

5. Any other advice would you like to offer me as a prospective candidate? - Guys the best advice is to network a LOT with school and admission team.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.53
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
will have an interview on Monday :( I'm so worried
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
For your reference, I was invited to interview and did so a few weeks ago, my current status is "Under Review".[/quote]

I am awaiting a reply from the AdCom. My status has been "Under Review" for over 3 weeks now. Could you let me know your profile please?[/quote]

My application status has been under review since Nov 4. I am an Indian, engineer (telecom), 6 yrs of work ex and have a GMAT score of 730!!![/quote]

I am in the same boat as you are in. Just don't lose hope
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi fellow Longhorn hopefuls!

Does anyone know whether they issue acceptances prior to the December 20th decision notification date? Or does everyone just find out on December 20th?

Thank you! And Good Luck to everyone! Hope to meet you all next fall!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Mackie2 wrote:
Hi fellow Longhorn hopefuls!

Does anyone know whether they issue acceptances prior to the December 20th decision notification date? Or does everyone just find out on December 20th?

Thank you! And Good Luck to everyone! Hope to meet you all next fall!

All will get to know on Decision date...
if you are admitted , they will call you one day before decision date...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.53
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Just finished my interview an hour ago.

Here are the questions:
- Tell me about your work experience
- Why MBA
- Your Leadership experience
- (As I want to concentrate on Marketing Analytics & Consulting) share with me about data analysis tools and softwares that you have used at work? :roll: :roll:
- How did you resolve a conflict in a team setting?
- Short and Long Term Goals
- Why McCombs?
- WOrking experience in an international context
- What did you learn through application process?
- Tell me about an experience when you receive a constructive criticism.
- Questions for me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM