Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:16 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.9
WE:Consulting (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 48
Schools: Oxford"18 (D)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Oxford'17 (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello everyone! Congratulations to all the admits and best of luck to the R3 applicants :) Current MBA student (2016-17) here, happy to help with any questions on the application, SBS and Oxford et al.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Send PM
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018! [#permalink]
Battleready79x wrote:
musejoy wrote:
so any got rejected after r2 interview? any info from college? looks like im the loner here

Don't worry brother, you have company. I had been rejected by SAID business school after R2 interview. Life will go on, let us hope we have better things planned. This is my first interview and I knew I did bad. So, I was not expecting much after the interview.

true bro...looking forward!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Oxford"18 (A)
Send PM
Abyss88 wrote:
received an email from the adcom today.. and I am admitted!

Hi there , Australian living in Jakarta here. Admitted R2. Are there any other admits in Indonesia? Would be great to connect.

Well done to all those admitted,
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
bcorbett wrote:
Abyss88 wrote:
received an email from the adcom today.. and I am admitted!

Hi there , Australian living in Jakarta here. Admitted R2. Are there any other admits in Indonesia? Would be great to connect.

Well done to all those admitted,

By any chance, are you one of those who were interviewed on 18 November in Jakarta?
If yes, I believe at least 5 out of 6 ppl interviewed on that date were admitted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Short question - do you have any idea of the day when admitted applicants are likely to receive news about scholarships? The admissions email mentioned that it would be this week, but I was wondering if someone had heard about a more exact date?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Miralicious wrote:
Short question - do you have any idea of the day when admitted applicants are likely to receive news about scholarships? The admissions email mentioned that it would be this week, but I was wondering if someone had heard about a more exact date?

From the mouth of admissions team - end of this week scholarships decisions will be delivered !

But am bit curious when you say admission email mentioned the scholarship decision? my admission email did not say anything about scholarship?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
arrit21 wrote:
Miralicious wrote:

From the mouth of admissions team - end of this week scholarships decisions will be delivered !

But am bit curious when you say admission email mentioned the scholarship decision? my admission email did not say anything about scholarship?

At the end of the email sent by the Admissions Adviser to confirm Oxford's final decision, just before the paragraph in bold, there is a single line mentioning: "Scholarship decisions will be made next week.​"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
Miralicious wrote:
arrit21 wrote:
Miralicious wrote:

At the end of the email sent by the Admissions Adviser to confirm Oxford's final decision, just before the paragraph in bold, there is a single line mentioning: "Scholarship decisions will be made next week.​"

This is intresting :lol: I checked my email many times but could not see any bold paragraph and anything about scholarship :-D

May be every advisor write different email,btw what does bold paragraph says in ur email
Intern
Intern
Send PM
arrit21 wrote:
This is intresting :lol: I checked my email many times but could not see any bold paragraph and anything about scholarship :-D

May be every advisor write different email,btw what does bold paragraph says in ur email

Here is the end of the email I received - the last line was the part in bold:

"In the following week you will also be sent an information pack, which will contain a guide to Oxford and a guide to the University and it's colleges.
Scholarship decisions will be made next week.​
This will be sent to the address you have specified on your application form, unless you advise me of an alternative by Monday 12th December 2016."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Miralicious wrote:
arrit21 wrote:

"In the following week you will also be sent an information pack, which will contain a guide to Oxford and a guide to the University and it's colleges.
This will be sent to the address you have specified on your application form, unless you advise me of an alternative by Monday 12th December 2016."

Looks like they send completely different emails and they are not system generated, see what last part in my email(no bold though and no scholarship or advising them by 12th december)

"In the next week, you will also be sent an official, electronic offer pack, which will contain your official offer letter and invoice, alongside details of the university and the city of Oxford.

You will also receive further information about the university via mail; this will be couriered to the address you have specified on your application form."

If I were you I will take that as clue that you are gonna get some scholarship :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
arrit21 wrote:

Looks like they send completely different emails and they are not system generated, see what last part in my email(no bold though and no scholarship or advising them by 12th december)

"In the next week, you will also be sent an official, electronic offer pack, which will contain your official offer letter and invoice, alongside details of the university and the city of Oxford.

You will also receive further information about the university via mail; this will be couriered to the address you have specified on your application form."

If I were you I will take that as clue that you are gonna get some scholarship :-D

:-D :-D :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All

Congratulations to all those who got the admits!!

I am based out of India and I am planning to apply to Said in R3. Even though I got my profile evaluated from Said and the admissions team have given me a go ahead to apply to the programme, I still want some views on my profile and would be glad if someone can take out time to do so.

Please find below the details of my work experience.

GMAT-710( Q49, V37, IR5, AWA-5)

WORK EXPERIENCE:

RLARD ENGITECH PVT.LTD (Start-up) (August 2016-Present)
Head-Sales & Marketing

•Implemented ideas to expand the customer base and helped in streamlining the online product channel.
•Hosted workshops to spread awareness about the product.

AXIS RISK CONSULTING PVT.LTD. (March 2015-July 2016)
Associate Consultant

•Member of IC COE team for Mondelez International- designed the RCM and monitored the risk and control framework of North America and Bratislava Region.
•Member of Internal Audit Team for Dabur International- Independently reviewed -Sales, Logistics, Production and Payroll processes- highlighted process loopholes and provided recommendations to the top management
•Lead the GE India Dresser site and ensured ICFR compliance
•Independently handled the ANZ region for GlaxoSmithKline and ensured appropriate documentation, adequate testing and accurate reporting on financial control activities

SKYTEX INDUSTRIES PVT.LTD. (December 2014-March 2015)
Associate Director

•Oversaw Sales and Marketing for company products
•Provided valuable inputs to minimize production costs and to ensure optimum utilization of resources
•Streamlined the distributor channel to maximize profits.

AXIS RISK CONSULTING PVT.LTD. (July 2013- November 2014)
Senior Analyst

•Independently lead the Beverage Division (North-East Region) and Stales Process (North Region), which included over 100 audits per months, for PepsiCo India and trained over 50 CA Firms
•Received Gold Team Appreciation Award for contribution to Claim Management Project for PepisCo India.
•Regularly inspected Distributor sites of PepsiCo India across the Northern Region of India
•Managed Store Inventory for Vishal Mega Mart which resulted in optimization of the STR (stock transfer ratio) throughout India, reducing the client’s annual inventory management cost by INR 30 Cr.

INTERNSHIPS:

•Finance Intern at Indian Oil Corporation Limited - June 2012 to August 2012
•Marketing Intern at Viacom 18 - January 2012 to February 2012

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:

2010-2013
Delhi University
Hansraj College (B.A. Eco (H))
75.7%

C.B.S.E (XII)
D.P.S, Mathura Road, New Delhi
94%

C.B.S.E (X )
D.P.S, Mathura Road, New Delhi
90.33%

EXTRACURRICULAR INTERESTS, ACTIVITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS:

•Member, Axis’ Fun@ Work Team - organised Fresher’s training, day outs and sports competitions (2014-2016)
•Participated in Axis’ CSR Initiatives (2013-2015) - plantation drive, blood donation drive etc.
•All India Crime Reform Organisation (2011-present) -worked with Delhi Police to reduce the crime rate in locality, made people aware about their rights and civic responsibilities.
•Member, Axis Recruitment Team 2014 – helped in recruitment process and took 1st Round of interviews accompanied by Senior Managers in Delhi University Colleges- SRCC, Hansraj, SSCBS
•Volunteer, AISEC UDAAN 2011- held cultural workshops and various competitions for underprivileged children.
•Dance Society, Hansraj College - represented college at college festivals - BITS OASIS 2010, Rendezvous 2010
•Event Management, Dance, Basketball and meeting new people
Intern
Intern
Send PM
arrit21 wrote:
Miralicious wrote:
arrit21 wrote:

False alarm guys, I just received an email from Oxford mentioning that I did not receive any scholarship... :( :( :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello All,

Is there any https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students to Said (Class of 2018), if not, do message me your number to add you in an existing group. There are currently 3 members in this group.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello fellow GMAT Clubbers!

I recently gained admission to Oxford and Cambridge MBA Programs.

While I initially had my heart set on Oxford, I have found Cambridge to be very persuasive for the following reasons:

Effort of the Admissions Team: First, Cambridge had a formal dinner and then an interview the following morning. In addition to this, we had a one-on-one sit down session with a Careers Consultant. This was then finished with a 2 hour tour of the university through various colleges.
Quality of Students Judge is Attracting: The current students that had dinner with us were really enthusiastic. A few of them mentioned that they had turned down top US schools to attend Judge - Columbia, Stanford, and Wharton.
Quality of Careers Team: Judge seems to be attracting top employers. One of the students was honest and said that landing a Big 3 consulting job in London/NYC would be challenging, however their emerging markets offices come specifically to Cambridge to recruit MBAs. (FYI - I want to pursue consulting after my MBA.)

At this time my main concern with Oxford is the quality of their Career Services - a lot of turnover, low student satisfaction in surveys, lacklustre presentations from the team, etc.

I still have not made my decision but I was hoping to hear from others on this chat who may be dealing with the same dilemma. Also for those that have chosen Oxford over Cambridge - Would be interested in hearing your reasons for why.

Thanks and good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bootstraps85 wrote:

While I initially had my heart set on Oxford, I have found Cambridge to be very persuasive for the following reasons:

Effort of the Admissions Team: First, Cambridge had a formal dinner and then an interview the following morning. In addition to this, we had a one-on-one sit down session with a Careers Consultant. This was then finished with a 2 hour tour of the university through various colleges.
Quality of Students Judge is Attracting: The current students that had dinner with us were really enthusiastic. A few of them mentioned that they had turned down top US schools to attend Judge - Columbia, Stanford, and Wharton.
Quality of Careers Team: Judge seems to be attracting top employers. One of the students was honest and said that landing a Big 3 consulting job in London/NYC would be challenging, however their emerging markets offices come specifically to Cambridge to recruit MBAs. (FYI - I want to pursue consulting after my MBA.)

At this time my main concern with Oxford is the quality of their Career Services - a lot of turnover, low student satisfaction in surveys, lacklustre presentations from the team, etc.

I still have not made my decision but I was hoping to hear from others on this chat who may be dealing with the same dilemma. Also for those that have chosen Oxford over Cambridge - Would be interested in hearing your reasons for why.

I would say the key USP of Said Business School is the Oxford brand name and the vast community. Although the MBA program is relatively new, the Alumni network is already pretty strong. I'm yet to decide between LBS, Oxford and Cambridge; however, I'm inclined towards Oxford because a) Post MBA, I intend to pursuer my second venture and mostly wouldn't be looking for a job and b) I feel the Oxford brand name pleases to a lot of investors.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Oxford"18 (A)
Send PM
bootstraps85 wrote:

-Effort of the Admissions Team, only difference is one-on-one sit down session, but generally, you know, it is part of the selling, don't take everything out of it :)
-Quality of Students Judge is Attracting; I attended Oxford interview and talked to their student in the lunch time. They said something almost the same, like rejecting warthon and turn to SBS, stc. -For campus recruiting somehow (maybe im completely wrong, please point out if someone knows more about it) i believe that, large firms go to Cambridge go to Oxford as well. Think about how small UK is and how equally famous these two schools are. (even business school are facing pretty similar sitaution)

I didn't apply to cambridge because i applied oxford already, and i don't really want to apply for two similar school- and i chose oxford but not cambridge is simply because i got my language test with oxford- i received my degree uk and i am working in europe (i dont speak french), so i dont want to spend time on an english test.

But finally I read so many posts comparing two schools and here's my conclusion:

If you want to do it "bullet point to bullet point", you will never have a conclusion. Like, which one is better, radiohead or pink floyd?

But I really like something i read on the internet today- there is no right or wrong about it, it is just about what you chose.

So good luck with you choice :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts