GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 03:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jun 2016
Posts: 17
Location: United Kingdom
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.99
WE: Accounting (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 11:44
Hi All,

Is anyone planning to come for the Oxford open day on 18th November?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2016, 05:45
Friends !!

Any update from the ADCOM after the 28th October - Stage-2 Deadline ???

Thanks
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2016, 05:46
NailedtheGMAT wrote:
Hi All,

Is anyone planning to come for the Oxford open day on 18th November?


:( Wish I could be there !! Long way to Go !!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Mar 2011
Posts: 34
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Oxford"18 (D)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V39
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2016, 09:22
Anurodh2017 wrote:
Friends !!

Any update from the ADCOM after the 28th October - Stage-2 Deadline ???

Thanks

Hi Anurodh,

I got an interview call from Oxford today. Do you recommend travelling to Singapore to give interview in person or shall I opt for Skype? Also any tips on interview process. I am from India.
_________________

Get up and work hard. No other Mantra to succeed

It's not how hard you can hit that matters, what matters is how hard you can get hit and smile back. Kick life back as hard as it kicks you.

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2016, 06:26
Battleready79x wrote:
Anurodh2017 wrote:
Friends !!

Any update from the ADCOM after the 28th October - Stage-2 Deadline ???

Thanks

Hi Anurodh,

I got an interview call from Oxford today. Do you recommend travelling to Singapore to give interview in person or shall I opt for Skype? Also any tips on interview process. I am from India.


Hi

Congrats for the invite ! I believe unless you have others plans ( official or personal ) in Singapore, going there for interview does not make sense. But this is just my personal opinion. I know applicants who got admits after skype interview.

Best
Anurodh
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Oct 2015
Posts: 23
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Research (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2016, 09:02
My undergrad GPA is about 3.2. MS in engineering GPA is 3.75. GMAT = 710. I'm wondering if anyone with similar circumstances has provided "mitigating circumstances" regarding undergrad GPA, as the Said admissions rep suggested in the Q&A?
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Nov 2016
Posts: 11
Location: Ghana
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.86
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2016, 08:28
Hi everybody... I am also getting ready for stage 3 deadline 6th January. Just working on my references, does anybody know what the demands for the recommendation letters are?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Mar 2016
Posts: 1
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: Oxford'17 (A)
GPA: 3.84
WE: Analyst (Insurance)
Reviews Badge
My Oxford Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2016, 18:29
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 May 2015
Posts: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Reviews Badge
My Oxford Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2016, 15:46
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Nov 2008
Posts: 18
Location: Australia
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 01:38
Anyone care to share their interview experience for R2 :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2016
Posts: 27
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 17:04
1
arrit21 wrote:
Anyone care to share their interview experience for R2 :)


Hi, I did it yesterday on Skype. It lasted 30min. The interviewer was an Oxford staff member (not an alumni).
Overall friendly atmosphere, but you can feel the interviewer is a pro.
Questions I was asked:
- Why an MBA? Why now? Why Oxford?
- You applied to several other schools, can you mention what they have in common?
- What can you bring to Oxford?
- Choices of career till now + many questions about how well I knew the sector I was interested in + how well I think I would fit into this new sector
- Do you know yourself? (I guessed he wanted to know if I was aware of my weaknesses)
- What are your talents?
- Give me an example of your leadership skills in a situation when you were not in a position of authority
- If I had to pick one thing to remember you, what would it be?

At the end, he asked if I had any questions.

I was really stressed for this particular interview, because it was the first time that I had to do it with a staff member. However, he rapidly made me feel at ease, smiling, and exchanging with me spontaneously. He also promoted Oxford from time to time by telling me about its numerous advantages.

Good luck!
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Nov 2008
Posts: 18
Location: Australia
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 19:09
Miralicious wrote:
arrit21 wrote:
Anyone care to share their interview experience for R2 :)


Hi, I did it yesterday on Skype. It lasted 30min. The interviewer was an Oxford staff member (not an alumni).
Overall friendly atmosphere, but you can feel the interviewer is a pro.
Questions I was asked:
- Why an MBA? Why now? Why Oxford?
- You applied to several other schools, can you mention what they have in common?
- What can you bring to Oxford?
- Choices of career till now + many questions about how well I knew the sector I was interested in + how well I think I would fit into this new sector
- Do you know yourself? (I guessed he wanted to know if I was aware of my weaknesses)
- What are your talents?
- Give me an example of your leadership skills in a situation when you were not in a position of authority
- If I had to pick one thing to remember you, what would it be?

At the end, he asked if I had any questions.

I was really stressed for this particular interview, because it was the first time that I had to do it with a staff member. However, he rapidly made me feel at ease, smiling, and exchanging with me spontaneously. He also promoted Oxford from time to time by telling me about its numerous advantages.

Good luck!


Thanks Miralicious

I see you are already accepted to INSEAD, u still interested in Oxford?

Also would you share your profile?

Cheers!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2016
Posts: 27
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 23:06
arrit21 wrote:
Miralicious wrote:
arrit21 wrote:
Anyone care to share their interview experience for R2 :)


Hi, I did it yesterday on Skype. It lasted 30min. The interviewer was an Oxford staff member (not an alumni).
Overall friendly atmosphere, but you can feel the interviewer is a pro.
Questions I was asked:
- Why an MBA? Why now? Why Oxford?
- You applied to several other schools, can you mention what they have in common?
- What can you bring to Oxford?
- Choices of career till now + many questions about how well I knew the sector I was interested in + how well I think I would fit into this new sector
- Do you know yourself? (I guessed he wanted to know if I was aware of my weaknesses)
- What are your talents?
- Give me an example of your leadership skills in a situation when you were not in a position of authority
- If I had to pick one thing to remember you, what would it be?

At the end, he asked if I had any questions.

I was really stressed for this particular interview, because it was the first time that I had to do it with a staff member. However, he rapidly made me feel at ease, smiling, and exchanging with me spontaneously. He also promoted Oxford from time to time by telling me about its numerous advantages.

Good luck!


Thanks Miralicious

I see you are already accepted to INSEAD, u still interested in Oxford?

Also would you share your profile?

Cheers!


My profile:
- Female
- European/African
- 30+ yo
- Background in humanities
- 7yrs WE (public and private sectors)
- lived outside of my country for 8yrs

Both Insead and Oxford appealed to me for different reasons, so yes, I am still interested in Oxford. Besides, I prefer to know all my options before taking my decision.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2016
Posts: 27
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 16:50
That's D-Day guys!!!! Fingers crossed for everyone!
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Nov 2008
Posts: 18
Location: Australia
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 04:32
Miralicious wrote:
That's D-Day guys!!!! Fingers crossed for everyone!


admitted 8-)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2016
Posts: 4
Schools: Oxford"18 (A)
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 04:58
round 2 interview, admitted
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Aug 2014
Posts: 9
Schools: Oxford"18 (D)
Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Dec 2016, 11:34
rejected after r2 interview..my test scores were good..750 equivalent score..aagh
bit dejected..but considering job situation in UK, this may be turn out good

Originally posted by musejoy on 09 Dec 2016, 08:59.
Last edited by musejoy on 09 Dec 2016, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 5252
Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 09:00
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2016
Posts: 2
Location: Indonesia
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 09:40
received an email from the adcom today.. and I am admitted!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2015
Posts: 2
Location: Australia
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2016, 02:02
Admitted in R2. Delighted! Congratulations to other successful candidates and best of luck to the others.
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018! &nbs [#permalink] 10 Dec 2016, 02:02

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 207 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.