Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 2.8
WE:Analyst (Retail)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
littlegirl wrote:
kinjiGC : Thank you so much :)

"Viraat12: I am an international applicant and my medium of language was english during undergrad and High school. Is there any need for me to give TOEFL?
UCLAAdcom_Jessica: Viraat12, TOEFL or IELTS scores are required of all applicants EXCEPT those who were educated solely in English for their undergraduate and/or prior graduate degree. If you meet this criterion, the test is not required. Even if a TOEFL/IELTS is not required, you can still submit a test score. A strong score can be another good data point on your app"

From the above conversation with the AD Team, you don't need TOEFL if you did your under graduation from a college where medium of instruction is English.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
sumanth2015 wrote:
littlegirl wrote:
kinjiGC : Thank you so much :)

"Viraat12: I am an international applicant and my medium of language was english during undergrad and High school. Is there any need for me to give TOEFL?
UCLAAdcom_Jessica: Viraat12, TOEFL or IELTS scores are required of all applicants EXCEPT those who were educated solely in English for their undergraduate and/or prior graduate degree. If you meet this criterion, the test is not required. Even if a TOEFL/IELTS is not required, you can still submit a test score. A strong score can be another good data point on your app"

From the above conversation with the AD Team, you don't need TOEFL if you did your under graduation from a college where medium of instruction is English.

I had mailed the Anderson AdCom requesting for a TOEFL waiver since my entire education has been in English. I also mentioned about my GMAT score and a very old TOEFL score (from 8 years ago).

They mentioned that they cannot give any waivers to Indian students and it is mandated by Graduate Division of UCLA. The waiver is applicable for only a few countries.

The chat snippet quoted above is from "last year's discussions" when TOEFL was not mandatory.
Hope this helps.
Aditto.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Submitted my App for R1.. Good luck everyone :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
I just submitted my app. I can see awaiting status on GMAT & TOEFL scores. I just ordered UCLA as recipient for my scores(GMAT+Toefl) and probably it will take 7-10 days to reach them. Will that affect my application? Do I need to drop a mail to adcom?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Good luck to every applying in Round 1! If you have an questions about life at Anderson, please feel free to reach out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Submitted! Fingers crossed! :-)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Send PM
souvilibra wrote:
I just submitted my app. I can see awaiting status on GMAT & TOEFL scores. I just ordered UCLA as recipient for my scores(GMAT+Toefl) and probably it will take 7-10 days to reach them. Will that affect my application? Do I need to drop a mail to adcom?

wondering about this as well
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE:Research (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
Tompsom wrote:
souvilibra wrote:

I'd sent mail... Below is the reply:

Thank you for email. Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm the receipt of test scores. Once your application is submitted, you will be able to see if our office has received your official scores as your status page will update your test scores from 'self-reported' to 'verified.' You can keep in mind that when applying, we ask applicants to submit unofficial/self-reported scores for evaluation purposes. If you are invited for an interview, this is when we will ask you to submit official documents and test scores for verification purposes.

I hope this helps, please feel free to contact us if you have any more questions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Sridutt wrote:
Tompsom wrote:
souvilibra wrote:

I'd sent mail... Below is the reply:

Thank you for email. Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm the receipt of test scores. Once your application is submitted, you will be able to see if our office has received your official scores as your status page will update your test scores from 'self-reported' to 'verified.' You can keep in mind that when applying, we ask applicants to submit unofficial/self-reported scores for evaluation purposes. If you are invited for an interview, this is when we will ask you to submit official documents and test scores for verification purposes.

I hope this helps, please feel free to contact us if you have any more questions.

I got the same answer. TOEFL score must be sent to the university for admission, but evaluation of the application will begin with self reported score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Is anyone else having trouble with the payment page? My application is submitted, but the payment page is not loading.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
mbadream16 wrote:

Hey, did you receive an acknowledgement email from UCLA? I just submitted, and got a receipt for the payment, but nothing from the school.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
samriddhi320 wrote:
mbadream16 wrote:

Hey, did you receive an acknowledgement email from UCLA? I just submitted, and got a receipt for the payment, but nothing from the school.

I didn't get any confirmation email, unlike other schools.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
aditya0401 wrote:
samriddhi320 wrote:
mbadream16 wrote:

I didn't get any confirmation email, unlike other schools.

Me too. Just a payment confirmation mail. My toefl scores are also showing as not received despite sending them 10 days ago.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross '18 (I)
Send PM
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the part in the application where they ask you to indicate the most advanced mathematics course completed. Does it have to be an exlclusive math course, or could it be a course that has math foundations. For example, I am an economist and I took Econometrics at college, this is a really advanced statistics course and obviously has high level math foundations.

Thanks for your help and good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT Date: 08-22-2015
GPA: 3.92
WE:Science (Other)
Send PM
Mariale24 wrote:
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the part in the application where they ask you to indicate the most advanced mathematics course completed. Does it have to be an exlclusive math course, or could it be a course that has math foundations. For example, I am an economist and I took Econometrics at college, this is a really advanced statistics course and obviously has high level math foundations.

Thanks for your help and good luck everyone!

I would be willing to bet that the adcom will know what Econometrics is. Really, I think they are just looking for some level of mathematical aptitude, so pick whichever course you feel best represents the highest level of mathematics. You should feel fortunate not to have a math degree / statistics degree where the "hardest" class may not actually be recognizable by the adcom. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
I submitted for R1 today as well and only received the payment confirmation email. My application status on the Anderson website says "submitted" though so I'm assuming all is well. Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.48
WE:Public Relations (Other)
Send PM
I submitted my application and even though the deadline is 11:59 PT 10/6/15, my application said it was submitted 10/7/15. Is anyone else having this problem? This is making me panic a little!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  36   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts