GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Mar 2020, 09:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2014
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2015, 22:49
Hi Applicants!

So, I have just submitted my application but haven't reported my TOEFL score. The words 'Please submit missing items as indicated' is coming in bold red letters! I have just gone to the ETS website and submitted this score, but it might take 10 days or so to submit it to Anderson, which is beyond the Round 1 deadline. Will I be considered for Round 1? I have self-reported the score correctly.

Thanks in advance!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2015
Posts: 80
Location: India
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Management Consulting (Health Care)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 04 Oct 2015, 22:06
kk0901 wrote:
Hi Applicants!

So, I have just submitted my application but haven't reported my TOEFL score. The words 'Please submit missing items as indicated' is coming in bold red letters! I have just gone to the ETS website and submitted this score, but it might take 10 days or so to submit it to Anderson, which is beyond the Round 1 deadline. Will I be considered for Round 1? I have self-reported the score correctly.

Thanks in advance!



I am in as well, and coincidentally facing the same issue. I did not even receive a confirmation email like other schools!
Have written to the Admissions team on the TOEFL and waiting for their reply.

All the best!
_________________
Aditto

Originally posted by integral on 04 Oct 2015, 09:22.
Last edited by integral on 04 Oct 2015, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2014
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2015, 09:29
aditya0401 wrote:
kk0901 wrote:
Hi Applicants!

So, I have just submitted my application but haven't reported my TOEFL score. The words 'Please submit missing items as indicated' is coming in bold red letters! I have just gone to the ETS website and submitted this score, but it might take 10 days or so to submit it to Anderson, which is beyond the Round 1 deadline. Will I be considered for Round 1? I have self-reported the score correctly.

Thanks in advance!



I am in as well, and coincidentally facing the same issue. I have written to the Admissions team and waiting for their reply.

All the best!


Me too! Mailed the Admission team. Do let me know if you get a reply. Hope to see you at Anderson next year!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Mar 2015
Posts: 29
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 2.8
WE: Analyst (Retail)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2015, 11:19
littlegirl wrote:
kinjiGC : Thank you so much :)


"Viraat12: I am an international applicant and my medium of language was english during undergrad and High school. Is there any need for me to give TOEFL?
UCLAAdcom_Jessica: Viraat12, TOEFL or IELTS scores are required of all applicants EXCEPT those who were educated solely in English for their undergraduate and/or prior graduate degree. If you meet this criterion, the test is not required. Even if a TOEFL/IELTS is not required, you can still submit a test score. A strong score can be another good data point on your app"

From the above conversation with the AD Team, you don't need TOEFL if you did your under graduation from a college where medium of instruction is English.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2015
Posts: 80
Location: India
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Management Consulting (Health Care)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2015, 21:15
sumanth2015 wrote:
littlegirl wrote:
kinjiGC : Thank you so much :)


"Viraat12: I am an international applicant and my medium of language was english during undergrad and High school. Is there any need for me to give TOEFL?
UCLAAdcom_Jessica: Viraat12, TOEFL or IELTS scores are required of all applicants EXCEPT those who were educated solely in English for their undergraduate and/or prior graduate degree. If you meet this criterion, the test is not required. Even if a TOEFL/IELTS is not required, you can still submit a test score. A strong score can be another good data point on your app"

From the above conversation with the AD Team, you don't need TOEFL if you did your under graduation from a college where medium of instruction is English.


I had mailed the Anderson AdCom requesting for a TOEFL waiver since my entire education has been in English. I also mentioned about my GMAT score and a very old TOEFL score (from 8 years ago).

They mentioned that they cannot give any waivers to Indian students and it is mandated by Graduate Division of UCLA. The waiver is applicable for only a few countries.

The chat snippet quoted above is from "last year's discussions" when TOEFL was not mandatory.
Hope this helps.
Aditto.
_________________
Aditto
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2009
Posts: 99
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2015, 22:01
1
Submitted my App for R1.. Good luck everyone :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 192
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
Schools: Fisher '19 (A)
GPA: 3.8
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 06:41
I just submitted my app. I can see awaiting status on GMAT & TOEFL scores. I just ordered UCLA as recipient for my scores(GMAT+Toefl) and probably it will take 7-10 days to reach them. Will that affect my application? Do I need to drop a mail to adcom?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Status: Current Student - UCLA Anderson Class of 2016
Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 159
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 08:27
Good luck to every applying in Round 1! If you have an questions about life at Anderson, please feel free to reach out.
_________________
My MBA blog: http://www.mbaafterlife.com/
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/iamjameskenichi
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jameskhuntington
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 30
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 08:53
Submitted! Fingers crossed! :-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2015
Posts: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 17:25
souvilibra wrote:
I just submitted my app. I can see awaiting status on GMAT & TOEFL scores. I just ordered UCLA as recipient for my scores(GMAT+Toefl) and probably it will take 7-10 days to reach them. Will that affect my application? Do I need to drop a mail to adcom?



wondering about this as well
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2013
Posts: 35
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE: Research (Telecommunications)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 18:11
1
Tompsom wrote:
souvilibra wrote:
I just submitted my app. I can see awaiting status on GMAT & TOEFL scores. I just ordered UCLA as recipient for my scores(GMAT+Toefl) and probably it will take 7-10 days to reach them. Will that affect my application? Do I need to drop a mail to adcom?



wondering about this as well


I'd sent mail... Below is the reply:


Thank you for email. Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm the receipt of test scores. Once your application is submitted, you will be able to see if our office has received your official scores as your status page will update your test scores from 'self-reported' to 'verified.' You can keep in mind that when applying, we ask applicants to submit unofficial/self-reported scores for evaluation purposes. If you are invited for an interview, this is when we will ask you to submit official documents and test scores for verification purposes.

I hope this helps, please feel free to contact us if you have any more questions.
_________________
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2015
Posts: 80
Location: India
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Management Consulting (Health Care)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2015, 23:17
Sridutt wrote:
Tompsom wrote:
souvilibra wrote:
I just submitted my app. I can see awaiting status on GMAT & TOEFL scores. I just ordered UCLA as recipient for my scores(GMAT+Toefl) and probably it will take 7-10 days to reach them. Will that affect my application? Do I need to drop a mail to adcom?



wondering about this as well


I'd sent mail... Below is the reply:


Thank you for email. Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm the receipt of test scores. Once your application is submitted, you will be able to see if our office has received your official scores as your status page will update your test scores from 'self-reported' to 'verified.' You can keep in mind that when applying, we ask applicants to submit unofficial/self-reported scores for evaluation purposes. If you are invited for an interview, this is when we will ask you to submit official documents and test scores for verification purposes.

I hope this helps, please feel free to contact us if you have any more questions.


I got the same answer. TOEFL score must be sent to the university for admission, but evaluation of the application will begin with self reported score.
_________________
Aditto
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Mar 2015
Posts: 43
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 01:24
Is anyone else having trouble with the payment page? My application is submitted, but the payment page is not loading.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Mar 2015
Posts: 43
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 01:47
mbadream16 wrote:
Submitted! Fingers crossed! :-)


Hey, did you receive an acknowledgement email from UCLA? I just submitted, and got a receipt for the payment, but nothing from the school.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2015
Posts: 80
Location: India
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Management Consulting (Health Care)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 01:50
samriddhi320 wrote:
mbadream16 wrote:
Submitted! Fingers crossed! :-)


Hey, did you receive an acknowledgement email from UCLA? I just submitted, and got a receipt for the payment, but nothing from the school.


I didn't get any confirmation email, unlike other schools.
_________________
Aditto
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Dec 2014
Posts: 18
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 08:09
aditya0401 wrote:
samriddhi320 wrote:
mbadream16 wrote:
Submitted! Fingers crossed! :-)


Hey, did you receive an acknowledgement email from UCLA? I just submitted, and got a receipt for the payment, but nothing from the school.


I didn't get any confirmation email, unlike other schools.


Me too. Just a payment confirmation mail. My toefl scores are also showing as not received despite sending them 10 days ago.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2014
Posts: 8
Schools: Ross '18 (I)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 08:35
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the part in the application where they ask you to indicate the most advanced mathematics course completed. Does it have to be an exlclusive math course, or could it be a course that has math foundations. For example, I am an economist and I took Econometrics at college, this is a really advanced statistics course and obviously has high level math foundations.

Thanks for your help and good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 32
Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT Date: 08-22-2015
GPA: 3.92
WE: Science (Other)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 09:04
Mariale24 wrote:
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the part in the application where they ask you to indicate the most advanced mathematics course completed. Does it have to be an exlclusive math course, or could it be a course that has math foundations. For example, I am an economist and I took Econometrics at college, this is a really advanced statistics course and obviously has high level math foundations.

Thanks for your help and good luck everyone!


I would be willing to bet that the adcom will know what Econometrics is. Really, I think they are just looking for some level of mathematical aptitude, so pick whichever course you feel best represents the highest level of mathematics. You should feel fortunate not to have a math degree / statistics degree where the "hardest" class may not actually be recognizable by the adcom. :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Feb 2015
Posts: 70
Schools: Stern '18 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 12:48
I submitted for R1 today as well and only received the payment confirmation email. My application status on the Anderson website says "submitted" though so I'm assuming all is well. Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Sep 2015
Posts: 52
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.48
WE: Public Relations (Other)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2015, 20:32
I submitted my application and even though the deadline is 11:59 PT 10/6/15, my application said it was submitted 10/7/15. Is anyone else having this problem? This is making me panic a little!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 06 Oct 2015, 20:32

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  36    Next  [ 710 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne