GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 30 Mar 2020, 12:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Sep 2015
Posts: 52
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.48
WE: Public Relations (Other)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2015, 17:03
HI All,

I had my interview on campus a few weeks ago and wanted to share -

My questions were exactly like what Intraban got - pretty standard with examples of team work and convincing someone to do something.

My interviewer was friendly and casual, though he and I had two very different backgrounds. I thought I rambled a bit :/... hope that wasn't a deal breaker. He asked me questions for 15 min. and I asked him questions for 15 min. Though I had some more questions.

It was pleasant overall. I did email him about a follow up question, and he never got back to me so I hope that's not a bad sign.

To those still waiting, good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2014
Posts: 312
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2015, 18:01
FROM From UCLA Students' blog: Introduction: Tiffany Lu
Hi everyone!! I’m totally stealing this questionnaire from my fellow first-year rockstar classmate, Yu Chen, but excited to introduce myself to prospective students (who I lovingly call “prospies” - a word you’ll hear me use when you meet me on campus). 

 

Image

 

Name: Tiffany Lu

 

Hometown: Arcadia, CA but born in Taiwan

 

Prior to Anderson: I did my undergrad at Duke and then spent a few years working in entertainment before transitioning into education. 

 

Why Anderson? Anderson is actually the only school I applied to. I don’t necessarily recommend that strategy because it was very stressful putting all my eggs in one basket, but I wanted to be in LA and after I visited campus and spoke to current Anderson students, I knew I didn’t want to go to any other school. This has been said by so many people so many times, but the students at Anderson are truly what make the school special. I loved the level of respect that students showed for one another during classroom debates, and every student I reached out to showed a genuine interest in helping me navigate the admissions process. It’s a feeling that’s very hard to describe, but one that I couldn’t have ascertained just by reading literature online or attending panels and school fairs. I really had to step on campus and meet the students to get a glimpse of what life would be like in their shoes. 

 

What is one cool/interesting thing about yourself that others would not be able to tell upon first meeting you? I have a scary good memory. 

 

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Happy. 

 

One thing I hope to accomplish by the end of my first year at Anderson: Form lasting friendships with my classmates. 

 

One piece of advice for prospective applicants: Don’t be afraid to reach out to current students and ask probing questions that will give you a true sense of life at the school. Talk to a mix of first year and second year students if you can. And one more piece of advice: embrace this process of self-reflection and discovery. The more authentic and honest you can be with yourself during applications, the more focused you will be once you actually start business school (aka you won’t have to worry about not knowing what you want to do).  

 
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 177
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2015, 00:56
1
Just had my interview this morning. It went great! My interviewer hinted that he would recommend my admission and gave me his email address without me having to ask for it, so that was good (compared to my experience last year). Questions asked were pretty standard:

1) Why MBA and why now?
2) Short term and long term goals
3) Where do you see yourself interning over the summer?
3) What is your approach to working in a team? Give example
4) How do you convince someone to do something in a professional setting? Give example
5) Strengths and weaknesses with examples
7) Any questions

I'm cautiously optimistic. Can we expect to hear anything before December 15th?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: R1 was all I needed :D
Joined: 01 Jul 2015
Posts: 95
Location: United States (CA)
GPA: 3.33 (UG), 3.61 (Grad)
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2015, 10:32
Had my interview on Monday, on-campus, in one of the adcom's offices. Very casual, went over Resume, ST/LT goals, why Anderson, some questions about my ambitions and plans. Then we got into questions and I had a slew already ready (and made clear that I've been very active with current students in the process, understanding the program). Talked a lot about the program from his point of view and what he liked. We ended up talking for an extra 15 minutes past the 30 minute mark, but I had no idea until we stepped out. I hope that's a good sign, the interviewer never gave any indication it was time up.

Crossing my fingers, UCLA is my top choice (returning Bruin!)
_________________
my MBA blog: b-school debrief: an engineer’s (multi)year-long journey from GMAT to admission

things that got me through app season: essaysnark, touchmba and a bottle of hibiki 17
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Feb 2015
Posts: 70
Schools: Stern '18 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 09:48
I had my Skype interview earlier this week. Same experience and questions as everyone else. Can anyone guess if they are planning to release any decisions before the 15th? It's a little hard to draw parallels from last year given the shift in the application timeline (aka no winter break taking time out of the process).
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 177
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 09:56
I think you're right. They moved up the Round 1 deadline this year, so there's no real reason for them to release final decisions in a hurry. I think we may not hear before the 15th of December.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Posts: 22
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.47
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 21:45
The waiting game seems to be over, no more invitations unfortunately
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 May 2013
Posts: 37
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 09:19
Am reporting this late - I had received an interview invite 2 weeks back - Indian applicant.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Posts: 137
Location: United States
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 09:34
So, does Anderson not send out notifications if they have declined to interview you?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 177
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 09:51
Wildabout wrote:
So, does Anderson not send out notifications if they have declined to interview you?


Nope, you'll get to know on the final decision notification date (Dec 15). At that point you could either be waitlisted or rejected. At least that's how it worked last year.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Posts: 137
Location: United States
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 10:42
Have all the invites for Round 1 gone out already?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2015
Posts: 19
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 11:37
FurrowedBrow wrote:
Just had my interview this morning. It went great! My interviewer hinted that he would recommend my admission and gave me his email address without me having to ask for it, so that was good (compared to my experience last year). Questions asked were pretty standard:

1) Why MBA and why now?
2) Short term and long term goals
3) Where do you see yourself interning over the summer?
3) What is your approach to working in a team? Give example
4) How do you convince someone to do something in a professional setting? Give example
5) Strengths and weaknesses with examples
7) Any questions

I'm cautiously optimistic. Can we expect to hear anything before December 15th?



curious to know how long did it last? Mine went pretty well, but closed exactly in 30 mins and seemed like the interviewer was in a hurry.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Posts: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 06:42
Are interview invites still expected to go out?

Applied 6/10 - R1, Asia

GMAT - 720
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 177
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Anderson '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 08:22
StarLord wrote:
FurrowedBrow wrote:
Just had my interview this morning. It went great! My interviewer hinted that he would recommend my admission and gave me his email address without me having to ask for it, so that was good (compared to my experience last year). Questions asked were pretty standard:

1) Why MBA and why now?
2) Short term and long term goals
3) Where do you see yourself interning over the summer?
3) What is your approach to working in a team? Give example
4) How do you convince someone to do something in a professional setting? Give example
5) Strengths and weaknesses with examples
7) Any questions

I'm cautiously optimistic. Can we expect to hear anything before December 15th?


curious to know how long did it last? Mine went pretty well, but closed exactly in 30 mins and seemed like the interviewer was in a hurry.


Mine was about the same, a little over perhaps around 35 minutes or so. I wouldn't take it personally, these guys are 2nd years and I'm sure they have packed schedules! If you think you did well, you should be fine :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Sep 2015
Posts: 52
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.48
WE: Public Relations (Other)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 10:26
In one of the Anderson chats, the admissions officer said that they are not sure if decisions will be released prior to the December 15 deadline, but if they do decide to send out notifications early, they will let everyone know that they are doing so.

Also - does anyone know if it is advantageous to do a class visit post interview? I live nearby but my current job does not know I'm applying to grad school so I haven't been able to find some time to do a classroom visit in the middle of the day since they generally take up 3-4 hours. I'm wondering if at this rate it helps at all? I'm a little nervous about my interview since I sent my interviewer a note and a question after, but never got a response back :(
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: R1 was all I needed :D
Joined: 01 Jul 2015
Posts: 95
Location: United States (CA)
GPA: 3.33 (UG), 3.61 (Grad)
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 11:25
heyjude07 wrote:
Also - does anyone know if it is advantageous to do a class visit post interview? I live nearby but my current job does not know I'm applying to grad school so I haven't been able to find some time to do a classroom visit in the middle of the day since they generally take up 3-4 hours. I'm wondering if at this rate it helps at all? I'm a little nervous about my interview since I sent my interviewer a note and a question after, but never got a response back :(


I wouldn't necessarily expect a response back, or take a non-response to a follow-up e-mail as any kind of sign. They may be instructed not to respond to us since that may influence the process.

You can always contact the AAC if you have questions, they were helpful and quick to respond to me for application questions as well as a quick interview prep.
_________________
my MBA blog: b-school debrief: an engineer’s (multi)year-long journey from GMAT to admission

things that got me through app season: essaysnark, touchmba and a bottle of hibiki 17
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Sep 2015
Posts: 52
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.48
WE: Public Relations (Other)
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 11:38
dLo wrote:
heyjude07 wrote:
Also - does anyone know if it is advantageous to do a class visit post interview? I live nearby but my current job does not know I'm applying to grad school so I haven't been able to find some time to do a classroom visit in the middle of the day since they generally take up 3-4 hours. I'm wondering if at this rate it helps at all? I'm a little nervous about my interview since I sent my interviewer a note and a question after, but never got a response back :(


I wouldn't necessarily expect a response back, or take a non-response to a follow-up e-mail as any kind of sign. They may be instructed not to respond to us since that may influence the process.

You can always contact the AAC if you have questions, they were helpful and quick to respond to me for application questions as well as a quick interview prep.



The only thing is that he handed me his card and said to e-mail him with any additional questions - though maybe that is standard protocol? I hope maybe it just slipped through the cracks. He sounded like he was very busy.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Status: Current Student - UCLA Anderson Class of 2016
Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 159
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 13:02
heyjude07 wrote:
HI All,

I had my interview on campus a few weeks ago and wanted to share -

My questions were exactly like what Intraban got - pretty standard with examples of team work and convincing someone to do something.

My interviewer was friendly and casual, though he and I had two very different backgrounds. I thought I rambled a bit :/... hope that wasn't a deal breaker. He asked me questions for 15 min. and I asked him questions for 15 min. Though I had some more questions.

It was pleasant overall. I did email him about a follow up question, and he never got back to me so I hope that's not a bad sign.

To those still waiting, good luck!

heyjude07, I wouldn't read into the fact that your interviewer hasn't gotten back to you yet. The 2nd-years are extremely busy this quarter with AMR in full swing. I am sure you did great! Best of luck!
_________________
My MBA blog: http://www.mbaafterlife.com/
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/iamjameskenichi
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jameskhuntington
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jun 2014
Posts: 5
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 10:53
any new invites?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2014
Posts: 9
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 13:50
letlive wrote:
any new invites?



Nothing yet. The status still shows as 'submitted'. Even MBA livewire has been remarkably quiet.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 17 Nov 2015, 13:50

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  36    Next  [ 710 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne