Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:19 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Fuqua Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 173 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 464
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
My Admissions Consultant Review [#permalink]
Review for MBA and Beyond.

Aiming for my dream school INSEAD with a GMAT score of 630 seemed difficult to me till I spoke to Elana from MBA&B. She went beyond evaluating my GMAT score and during our initial interaction, her belief in my profile instilled in me a tremendous sense of confidence. I greatly appreciated her prompt responses and the patience she exhibited while addressing all of my inquiries. Throughout the preparation process, the entire team I collaborated with for my application remained highly accessible and consistently approachable. Shantunu, the founder, provided invaluable support in my interview preparation, and his insightful tips proved to be the game changer for my interviews.

I worked with Dr. Vinita to write my essays, prepare for interviews, and secure scholarships. She played a pivotal role in giving life to my story.. Despite time constraints, she tirelessly worked with me, turning the essay writing process into a journey of self-reflection that helped me recognize my accomplishments. Dr. Vinita not only instilled confidence in me but also her structured ways of working helped me organize my thoughts and alleviate anxiety. Initially, I had numerous stories in mind, but lacked structure. However, Dr. Vinita's exceptional and creative approach made the entire process effortless. Applying to business school requires resilience due to the time it takes and the anticipation of results. Her intelligence and genuine interest in understanding my journey and bringing out my best reduced most of the pressure. One of the most remarkable aspects of working with her was her receptiveness to my suggestions. Throughout the process, I felt comfortable expressing alternative viewpoints, and she listened attentively, resulting in the best amalgamation of our thoughts. She took care of the smallest of things during the whole process, ensuring an outcome beyond my expectations. Working with Dr. Vinita was an amazingly collaborative, comforting, and stress-free experience. I couldn’t have done it without her being by my side in this journey.

I am eagerly waiting to start the next season of my story "Ajmer to Amsterdam" with my dream school INSEAD.. All Thanks to MBA&B.
Admit Expert Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: "Best" Admissions Consulting Companies - 2023 intake Season [#permalink]
Expert Reply
MBA Application fee at top business schools 2023 – Application fee waivers

MBA programs at US business schools typically have an application fee. Application Fee range from $0 to $275, with most business schools’ application fees being around $200. While this may seem like a minor expense, the cost of applying to multiple schools can add up quickly. For example, if you apply to 10 programs, you would need to pay a total of $2000 in application fees. Fortunately, there are a few ways to reduce the cost of applying to MBA programs. Many schools offer fee waivers for applicants who demonstrate financial need. Additionally, some schools allow candidates to submit their GMAT or GRE scores in lieu of an application fee. Finally, many business schools have programs that allow candidates to defer their application fee until after they are admitted. By taking advantage of these options, you can minimize the cost of applying to MBA programs..MBA Application fee at top business schools 2023 – Application fee waivers

This post was first published on the Admit Expert Blog
Kudos
Review for Avanti Prep.

I was a reapplicant for most T-25 schools in the latest admission cycle, and my performance went from:

Last Year: 21 Apps --> 3 Interviews --> 3 Waitlists --> 0 Admits, This Year: 21 Apps --> 13 Interviews --> 9 Admits (and 4 rejects after waitlist post interview) (total of $350,000+ in scholarships)

The major difference was in my entire "why MBA" story, connecting it with my previous work experience and describing ambitious yet plausible post-MBA career goals.

My resume was totally revamped, along with the key pointers shared with my recommenders as an exhaustive list of instances highlighting some of my key strengths.
And the targeted list of suggestions shared by him to show my love and connect with the school that I was applying to.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Review for ApplicantLab.

ApplicantLab played a pivotal role in my successful application journey, and I must acknowledge the value it brought to the table. The platform, along with its unwavering guidance and expertise, became an unwavering anchor throughout the challenging process. The strategic insights and sanity check provided by the team were truly invaluable, while the contributions made by Maria to ApplicantLab are simply outstanding. The platform created by Souvik is an absolute gem for anyone preparing their MBA applications, and words cannot fully express my admiration for its comprehensive and intuitive nature.

ApplicantLab's platform impressed me with its comprehensive and intuitive approach. Right from the beginning, it offers a structured path that makes the daunting task of crafting a compelling MBA application more manageable. Each section of the application is thoroughly addressed, with detailed guidance, examples, and actionable steps that ensure applicants stay on track and present their best selves.

One of the standout features of ApplicantLab is its strategic insights. The team's expertise shines through as they guide applicants to think critically about their experiences, strengths, and goals, and how to present them in the most impactful way. Their guidance is practical and actionable, helping applicants understand the thought process behind every element of their application. The strategic insights offered by ApplicantLab were a game-changer, enabling me to align my story with the expectations of top business schools.

Maria's outstanding contributions to ApplicantLab deserve special mention. The platform is enriched with her valuable insights, essay tips, and sample essays. Her expertise in storytelling and essay writing is evident, and her contributions provide a wealth of resources for applicants to tap into. The combination of the team's expertise creates a powerful synergy that significantly enhances the effectiveness of ApplicantLab.

The platform itself is incredibly user-friendly and intuitive. Navigating through the different sections and modules is effortless, thanks to the clean and visually appealing layout. ApplicantLab's comprehensive nature ensures that crucial elements of the application are not missed. It covers every aspect, from resume building and essay writing to interview preparation, providing applicants with a holistic and well-rounded application.

What sets ApplicantLab apart from other platforms is its affordability. Despite being the most cost-effective option available, it delivers exceptional value. The platform's effectiveness and the level of guidance provided far exceed its price point, making it an incredible investment for anyone serious about their MBA applications.

Thanks to ApplicantLab, I received admits from UC Berkeley, Kellogg, and CMU Tepper, three prestigious business schools that were at the top of my list. A significant portion of my success can be attributed to the guidance and support I received through this platform. ApplicantLab empowered me to present a compelling and authentic application that truly showcased my strengths and aspirations.

In conclusion, I wholeheartedly recommend ApplicantLab to any MBA applicant. It is a comprehensive, intuitive, and cost-effective solution that provides invaluable guidance throughout the application process. The team behind ApplicantLab has created a remarkable platform that demystifies the application journey and equips applicants with the tools they need to succeed. Don't miss out on this gem of a resource—it may just be the difference between an average application and an acceptance letter from your dream business school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [1]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Kudos
Review for ApplicantLab.

Applicant Lab was a game-changer for me! Coming from Vietnam, I did not have a lot of access to the business school's info sessions - Applicant Lab took it to the next level with specific school details to help with essay and application strategies for a fraction of the price! On top of that, the HBS mock interview that I did with Maria was also empowering and gave me confidence and improvement points so I felt comfortable going to the actual interview, and ultimately secured the offer from HBS.

Would highly recommend it to everyone who is applying to business schools, thank you, Maria!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
GRE 1: Q169 V167
GPA: 3
Send PM
Review for Personal MBA Coach.

I am incredibly grateful for Scott Edinburgh's guidance throughout my MBA application journey. His strategic insights, personalized advice, and attention to detail were instrumental in shaping my application into a compelling narrative. With his help, I was able to showcase my strengths, experiences, and aspirations effectively. Scott's expertise not only improved the quality of my essays but also boosted my confidence during interviews. His unwavering support and commitment to my success made all the difference, and I am thrilled to have been admitted to my dream MBA program. Thank you, Scott, for your exceptional guidance and partnership during the entire MBA application!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Review for Square One Prep.

From the moment, I spoke to Kathryn for 1.5 hours over the FREE consultation hour, I knew I had found people who’d actually be invested in my success. And I haven’t been disappointed one bit. I was late to the R2 application round (with less than 1.5 months to go for the deadlines), but the team worked hard on my application and my story, the consultant and reviewers responded quicker than their standard review times, and everyone was willing to work at a fast pace just because I asked them to. I really really appreciate them for it! Some other points that stood out to me:

1. I always got honesty from my consultant and Kathryn. They made me face the reality from time to time but also picked me up when I was extremely underconfident.
2. Kathryn believed in me and offered to take time out to be my senior reviewer despite it not being a part of my package. This further strengthened my belief in my ability and profile.
3. I LOOOVED that they have an extremely structured process. Everything is planned to the T and they make sure no-one involved lags behind, and even if they do, they make sure the progress is not hampered. I especially appreciate the regular check-ins and pushes from Cristina (my relationship manager) and Paula (my consultant) because I had a tendency to proscrastinate. They helped me overcome that.
4. They literally took time out to get to know me in depth and understand the kind of person I am. This helped me stay authentic to my story. Furthermore, their review process ensured that multiple eyes were going through each component of the application so different perspectives could be taken into account and there was no ambiguity in the essays.
5. Paula, my consultant, even went above and beyond when she checked on me about how I was feeling when an essay on a very personal topic had to be edited heavily because my senior reviewer could not follow the story I was trying to portray.
6. When I was contemplating between taking hourly consultation for a school vs taking the full comprehensive school package, I was suggested by the team to go for the hourly consultation option (even though that meant less money for them) because they felt that would be more cost effective and equally beneficial to me — a piece of advice I only expect to receive from a truly professional organisation.

6. When I was waitlisted by a couple of schools, Kathryn’s waitlist letter guidance was literally what got me where I am today — more than just what I should do and write for the adcoms to look at me differently, she helped me view the fact that I was waitlisted positively! That was what kept me going!
7. Lastly, even when I was done with my applications and I had already heard back from schools I had worked on with SOP, I received regular check in mails from them which made me realise that they really truly were always invested in my success!

I am extremely happy I chose to work with SOP on my applications. This entire process not only helped me get into my top choice school with a super cool scholarship, but also helped me rebuild my confidence in myself — which I know is going to be with me throughout my MBA journey and beyond! Thus, I recommend SOP to all prospective applicants wholeheartedly! Just sign up eyes closed!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
GRE 1: Q163 V145

GRE 2: Q156 V160

GRE 3: Q158 V154
GPA: 3.63
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM

I had a phenomenal experience working with MBA and Beyond, and I'm thrilled to leave a 5-star review. I opted for the 5 school package and applied to 2 schools in round 1. Despite having a GRE score of 316, Kastur, my consultant, worked magic with my application.

Kastur helped me pick the most compelling stories from my life and meticulously tailored my narrative for each school. The result? I received interview invites from both schools, one of which is a high-ranking M7 institution, and the other is a T15 school. Moreover, I already hold an admit from one of them with the potential of a 100% scholarship. It's incredible!

Throughout the process, I thoroughly enjoyed working with MBA and Beyond. Kastur made it stress-free and was exceptionally helpful. He not only met but exceeded my expectations. I am more than happy to recommend them. Their greatest strength lies in their ability to unlock your potential and present your story in the most compelling way. As for their weakest skill, I honestly couldn't find any.

I'm eagerly looking forward to collaborating with MBA and Beyond for round 2 as I take the moonshot. If you're considering an admissions consultant, MBA and Beyond is the way to go. They make the impossible possible.

Thank you to the entire team and especially to Kastur for making my dreams come true!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 861
Send PM
Review for mbaMission.

I had John Sisk work with me to put together essays for two schools more than a year ago. I was told that I would have a good chance with the two schools I applied to and in fact one of the schools I applied to was a school he graduated from so I felt comfortable hiring him to help on my essays. He was pretty accessible most of the times through emails but I am really disappointed that I paid thousands of dollars to not even get a first round invite to any of these schools. In fact, I applied to another school where I didn't get any guidance in writing the essays and ended up being admitted to that school. Hiring consultants for essays are a huge waste of money and I wish I had not spent this much money on a service that yielded NO RESULTS. It would be better for you to just write the essays yourself and you will have just as much if not a better fighting chance at these schools.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM

My consultant, Josh Buttenhoff, was spectacular. He took the time to really learn my story to be able to properly develop my profile and strategy. He made it a point to be available at short notice to help refine/finesse my essays, answer my questions, and prep for interviews. He has a great, positive attitude that helped keep me motivated throughout the entirety of this daunting process. Of the 3 schools I applied to using Josh/MBA&Beyond as a consultant, I was accepted to all 3 - 100% success rate (t15 & t20 schools). I received 50% scholarship at two schools and a 90% scholarship at the third. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I give Josh 5/5 stars for his service.

I give the overall service with MBA&Beyond 4/5 stars. The only issue/complaint I have is that the wrong essays prompts were saved down for 2/3 of the schools I chose. If it wasn't for that mistake, I would rank the overall experience as 5/5 stars.

I would highly recommend MBA&Beyond for anyone who is trying to break into an elite MBA program.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Review for Square One Prep.

In the whirlwind of my MBA journey, Square One Prep emerged as a transformative force. Having prepared for the GMAT, then applications, and then facing multiple rejections in the previous application cycle, I found myself exhausted and disheartened.

Selecting a consultant was a critical life choice I had to make, especially as a reapplicant. After a friend’s endorsement who had worked with SOP, I hopped on a call with Kathryn – the founder of SOP. I still remember our initial 1-hour call - where we talked about the process, which schools to target, and most importantly her belief that my dream schools were within my reach. What I loved about SOP approach was there would be a team of experts to support me – Matteo as my advisor, Horatiu, Cristina and Kelsey, with Kathryn also involved in reviewing.

The process is very structured (with strict timelines) – school selection, recommender selection, career narrative, resumes, and the Assessment Call with your advisor. I spent close to 4 hours on the call – with me narrating my life journey to Matteo, and then we could figure out which aspects of the journey we could highlight in the essays, resume etc.

I’m thankful to everyone on the team, but most importantly Matteo who has been my guiding light throughout the journey. Matteo made it clear that his role was not simply editing my essays or giving a lot of suggestions. Instead, he gave honest (and once brutal) feedback and encouraged me to write the best essays I could – and I’m very grateful for his approach. His attention to detail in the essays allowed me to curate very personalized essays for each school. The support of other team members Horatiu, Kelsey, Cristina was equally commendable– they’re all experienced and available to talk about anything – you just have to email them.

I enrolled on a 3-school package – but received help and resources for additional school applications as well. My top choices were Fuqua, Tuck and Kellogg – and while other consultants might encourage ‘safe’ choices, Square One never told me to settle. When I finally received interview invites from almost all schools I’d applied to, I had a mock interview with Matteo. While my first mock wasn’t good, by the 2nd mock I was ready and during the real interviews I presented my candid best to the schools.

Thanks to the Square One team, I received admits to Ross and Fuqua (with scholarship), among others. Beyond the tangible outcomes, what’s most valuable for me is the personal growth I achieved. I came out of this process more self-aware, improved my writing, structured thinking and communication skills – and I’m sure these qualities will benefit me immensely in my future career. For anyone navigating the highly competitive b-school application process, my sincere recommendation is to just schedule a call with Kathryn and understand the process. If you’re seeking top-notch guidance from a team deeply invested in your success, then Square One Prep is the way to go. SOP is more than a consultancy – it’s a partner committed to your personal and professional success in a way very few people out there are!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Review for GOALisB.

I had availed GOALisB's services after reading a lot of positive reviews on GMATClub, and I can confidently say that all the reviews were correct. I have received admission to IIM A PGPX programme - one of the top MBA programs in my country.

I had prepared simple essays for my target B-schools. GOALisB helped me make them more impactful. I created multiple drafts based on multiple inputs, and my final draft was impactful and able to get my points across well. I was able to show clearly why an MBA was important for me.

My weakness was the interview. I had difficulty getting my points across in the interview, and GOALisB certainly helped me with it. They provided me with multiple questionnaires and personality tests to help me build a good foundation for the interview. I had multiple mock interviews, and they gave me a lot of confidence. The interview prep helped me clarify my journey and its presentation. I was so confident that I was able to answer the questions that I had not prepared for. I certainly recommend GOALisB for MBA Admission Consultancy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Review for Fortuna Admissions.

For my MBA admissions I used Fortuna Admissions' services. I had a wonderful experience working with Melissa Joelson. She guided me in every step of my applications journey, right from the beginning to interview prep. She made sure she brought out the best of me. She thoroughly reviewed my life experiences, work experience, and made sure I convey the right things. She challenged me to focus on my WHYs and WHATs of MBA application process and beyond. She has experience working with diverse set of candidates and would be an amazing mentor for anybody looking to get into "tough to get into" category B-schools. Melissa was extremely friendly and empathized with my situations while pushing me to do more when I could. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with their services and recommend it to others as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V47 (Online)
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Review for ApplicantLab.

An excellent and well thought out product that contains all that you could possibly need from admissions consulting.

- Guided process to help develop your MBA story
- In-depth information about what schools are looking for
- Guides for every question you could find on an application
- Detailed interview guides
- Resume advice
- And best of all, super fast answers to any questions that you email Maria about.

I literally do not understand why you would pay a small fortune to admissions consultant when you can find everything with ApplicantLab. In fact, even if you have a consultant, spending the $300 or so makes sense to me in order to get access to all this material, guides, and online application tracking system.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3152
Send PM
Review for Experts' Global.

Experts Global within a very short span of time guided me through the application process of 5 Indian B-Schools. They have a very structured approach and the team of Akaknsha, Shreejith, Ranita made it easy for me to follow it. They helped me with not only the SOPs, but the entire application process, and even individually reviewed all the application forms before I submitted them. Best thing is whenever I was having any doubt, they were just a call away from clearing those doubts. Lastly the inetrview preps with Aanchal ma'am was also very beneficial. Her expert feedback gradually improved my confidence and made sure I was thorough with all the answers before the final interviews. I would highly recommend Experts Global to any aspiring B school candidate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Review for The Red Pen.

If I were to do it again, I would, with TRP. While I did not get in the college we worked together on, they really prepare you to take on other colleges youself. Application is a marathon that requires skill and finesse. This comes with practice and guidance. And TRP excels at providing correct guidance. My personal suggestion: Start early! Start 2 months before you think it is the correct time. The introspection part TRP does, need time and effort, and is genuinely very important even outside of an application. Additionally, trust the process. What might feel like an eternity of nothing is really where the true effort goes. Learn from their team of experts who excel at all they do. TRP gave me the confidence in their skill and expertise from day 1. While a few other gave me the feel of wanting to push for more number of colleges to apply rather than their skills. All in all, they know their stuff, but application requires a whole lot of self work as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM

Exactly one year back, around the same time, I remember I was doing intensive research on MBA consultants, reading GMAT Club forum reviews, and going through website testimonials. After several profile evaluations with different MBA consultants, I decided to go with MBA and Beyond. And I can happily say that it was the best decision.

Also, since going with an MBA consultant meant that I had to pay some significant money, this difficult decision to choose the MBA consultant involved several variables for me. Coming from an over-represented pool, an Indian engineer who is seeking to get into consulting, I knew exactly that I would go with an MBA consultant with a great success rate of helping Indians get into top EU business schools with average GMAT scores. Throughout the application journey, MBA and Beyond really helped me feel confident about the fact that my application is more than my average 700 GMAT score and with well written and impactful application essays, I can ace the MBA applications.

After onboarding with MBA and Beyond, I was really impressed by the consultant mapping process. MBA and Beyond understood what my requirements were and mapped me with Rajat, a mechanical engineer from India who pursued his MBA from top EU business school and went into consulting. That was exactly who I was looking for, someone who has exactly gone through the same journey.

His calm demeanor always helped me stay confident and stress free through the application process. The best thing about him was that no matter how busy he was, he got back to me as soon as possible. From quick https://gmatclub.com/chat replies to scheduling multiple calls, his support was pivotal in building my MBA brand, guiding me through essays, CV writing, and finally helping me ace the interviews.

Finally, with the support of MBA and Beyond, I was able to get admits from 4 top EU Business Schools with scholarships. I finally decided to join IE Business School, which aligned better with my post MBA goals and what I wanted to gain out of my MBA.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3