Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.37
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Mendoza(Notre Dame) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Wondering if any current student can comment on the situation of scholarships and financial aid for international students?
Also how easy is it to obtain GA's from other departments?
On a side note, as a current student what are the three things you would describe in a prospective student that would make him/her a perfect fit for the school provided the stats are on par with the school's requirements.
Any info is greatly appreciated.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Mendoza(Notre Dame) Applicants:(2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
I want to know about scholarship scope for international students?
Gmat-690
work ex-3 years senior software engineer Tech Mahindra
1 year Project counsellor at Software education firm.
Total 4 years experience
Nationality -Indian
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Notre Dame seems to be one of the most generous schools with scholarships, but any additional insights will be appreciated.

How is everyone doing with the slide presentation? Does title page count?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Submitted application for early round. Now waiting for interview call !!! :-D :-D

How many are in for early round ??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I deliberately submitted one day late (yesterday) to be included in round 1 so I get to compare the offer (if I get one) with other schools'. I don't like the binding thing.... like if I am applying to others schools, obviously I want to see all the offers at once. I understand why they do it, it makes sense for them, but not for me.

Notre Dame is a good school so I might end up going there, but I need to see what I get first before making a decision.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
stevkang8 wrote:
I deliberately submitted one day late (yesterday) to be included in round 1 so I get to compare the offer (if I get one) with other schools'. I don't like the binding thing.... like if I am applying to others schools, obviously I want to see all the offers at once. I understand why they do it, it makes sense for them, but not for me.

Notre Dame is a good school so I might end up going there, but I need to see what I get first before making a decision.

Similar story here, although I will wait till November 1st for Round 1 app submission.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Texas A&M University, University of Tennessee
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Name: Sam
Concentration: Finance, General Management
WE:Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
I received an invitation to interview today. I'm very excited! I submitted my application on 9/21/15 for those curious people out there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Let us know how it goes, please.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
So Dody from the admission team contacted me today and asked me whether I would like to have it considered in early decision for the first round. I told her the first round - so I will have all the results available to me in the same week.

Notre Dame has a great alumni network, and it might be the deciding factor when it comes to choosing. Well let me not get ahead of myself now lol I hope I get some offers first!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Howdy, y'all!

Today I had my interview with Mr. Neil Mangus. He is very nice and extremely personable. Until today, I had never spoken to an interviewer -- in my entire life -- who was so easy to talk to. Overall, I had a great time! The interview was more like a conversation than anything else. We laughed, joked, and talked about all relevant things. As far as preparation for the interview goes, just be yourself. I know that that is a little tough to digest -- especially since we try to prepare for everything -- but it is the truth. The admissions staff just wants to get to know you -- literally! I wish everyone the best! If you have any questions, feel free to message me. :-D

-SC
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Has anyone got an interview invite for the early round ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
saritdeb wrote:

I have got an interview call. Its on 15th Oct.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
bhuppi1234 wrote:
saritdeb wrote:

Awesome :)
When did you get the call ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
saritdeb wrote:
bhuppi1234 wrote:
saritdeb wrote:

Awesome :)
When did you get the call ?

Status on application changed on 9th Oct and got a call on 10th Oct :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Got an interview in Toronto at the beginning of September but I put my application in for the first round instead of the early round.

The interview was with Kristin, and it was not intimidating at all. She read my resume before hand so it went quite smoothly. We went through my resume and school work, and we discussed how Notre Dame and an MBA in general play into my career development plan. She then asked me multiple behavioural based questions, and followed up with a quick analysis testing question.

Be prepared to answer things like "from you understand, how many building with red roofs do you estimate there are in this neighbourhood?" or "what do you think the percentage of people who went through college while having kids is?", and make sure you have a clear thinking pattern laid out for the interviewer(s).

The interview ended with some casual chat, and before it was over, she asked me to tell her one interesting thing about myself, which I delightfully offered. I think it was overall good, and Notre Dame's MBA has been enjoying a rise in reputation in the past year or two, it is definitely a great program to be in.

Good luck everyone! And please update your profile and status!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
stevkang8 wrote:
Got an interview in Toronto at the beginning of September but I put my application in for the first round instead of the early round.

The interview was with Kristin, and it was not intimidating at all. She read my resume before hand so it went quite smoothly. We went through my resume and school work, and we discussed how Notre Dame and an MBA in general play into my career development plan. She then asked me multiple behavioural based questions, and followed up with a quick analysis testing question.

Be prepared to answer things like "from you understand, how many building with red roofs do you estimate there are in this neighbourhood?" or "what do you think the percentage of people who went through college while having kids is?", and make sure you have a clear thinking pattern laid out for the interviewer(s).

The interview ended with some casual chat, and before it was over, she asked me to tell her one interesting thing about myself, which I delightfully offered. I think it was overall good, and Notre Dame's MBA has been enjoying a rise in reputation in the past year or two, it is definitely a great program to be in.

Good luck everyone! And please update your profile and status!

stevkang8

Glad to hear that your interview went well! Did Kristin tell you how long it would be before you receive a decision?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks! No she didn't. And I think it would depend on which round it is. In my case it was a bit awkward because I got my interview very early, but then I chose to be part of the round 1 just so I can weigh all of my options at the same time, nothing wrong with Notre Dame, but I would do the same with UVA or CMU if they also offered early rounds.

I am not overly worried about when I will hear back, I actually prefer to hear back on the specified date so I get to avoid the awkward times without a response.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts