Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:49 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all Freeman(Tulane) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Already joined the class of 2018! any other members out there?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Freeman(Tulane) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
kcrouch wrote:

Congrats on the admit. If you don't mind, can you share your reasons to apply and why you decided to matriculate? What's you profile? Did you receive scholarship $$$?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
edwin444pr wrote:
kcrouch wrote:

Congrats on the admit. If you don't mind, can you share your reasons to apply and why you decided to matriculate? What's you profile? Did you receive scholarship $$$?

I applied because I am local and an alum of Tulane so I decided to try to stay local. I applied in round 1 and waited to see if I got in before applying anywhere else in round 2. I am finishing up my masters in health care management this summer, and I feel like an MBA would help me get where I want to be. Since I want to stay and work in New Orleans, I thought Tulane would be the best opportunity to make connections in the city.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kcrouch What was the timeline of your application? How long from submitting app to interview and then to decision?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
edwin444pr wrote:
kcrouch What was the timeline of your application? How long from submitting app to interview and then to decision?

I applied October 5th
I was invited to interview on November 5th
I interviewed November 11th and I was accepted December 5th. I was given until January 16th to decide if I wanted to enroll and enrolled on December 22nd.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Tulane Freeman Admissions Blog: MBA Candidate Amy Garrick Answers Questions About Her MBA Experience

I recently got to spend time with some accepted students for the class of 2015 and some who were just in the process of applying to the Freeman school of business. I always enjoy meeting potential students because it is fun to see where people are coming from and to hear their personal stories about why they want to go to business school. It is a tough decision to decide to go back to school and I hope that I help people make a more educated decision.

One part of the student visit is a panel of current students who talk to the visitors for an hour. The students get to ask us any questions they want. No professors or Tulane employees are in the room at the time so it really is an open conversation with peers. We usually start by giving a little background on who we are and then give the floor to the guests for questions. We frequently get asked certain questions so I figured I’d take the time to share this information on the blog.

What made you decide to come to Tulane?

Everyone has their own reasons, but the most common answers are New Orleans, the global aspect of the program, and the finance or entrepreneurship program. I came for the first two reasons. New Orleans is a wonderful place to live, and I really wanted the opportunity to spend some time down here. I also spent a lot of my childhood traveling, but I passed on the opportunity to study abroad in undergrad. Many MBA programs offer you the chance to travel, but it is either over winter break or for an entire semester. Tulane’s program differs because we have 3 international trips built into the semesters. It is a great way to learn how other cultures do business. Since so many businesses are going global, I felt this aspect of the program was unique and valuable.

I haven’t taken a math class in years, will I struggle? How hard is the first semester? I’m nervous about certain classes.

I won’t say that the first semester is easy, it is really hard. It is tough to get back into the swing of school and you hit the ground running. Our core classes are 7 weeks long and that is a lot of information to cover in a short period of time. But, the good part about all of this is you have 80 classmates right there with you supporting you. The professors are very willing to help you if you are struggling and will help you get the additional resources if you need them. The professors act like this is everyone’s’ first time learning the material and you do not need to have any prior knowledge. Some basic math skills are good to know and familiarizing yourself with excel can be helpful. Tulane now offers online courses you can take before starting in August and I recommend taking a look at those if you are concerned.

Why should I not go to Tulane?

I think business school is a personal decision for everyone and you want to choose the right program for you. The best way to know if Tulane is right for you is to come and visit. If you can’t, I recommend looking at the course offerings to see if Tulane offers classes on topics you are interested in. Also, it is a smaller program and that might not be right for everyone. I personally like the smaller class sizes because we really get to know all our classmates and professors really well.  But remember, it is a personal decision and you know what is best for you.

Do I need to know what I want to do before I get to business school?

No, you don’t. Some people have a good idea of what they want to do afterwards, but others are trying to figure that out. I would recommend having an idea, but I would also suggest being open-minded. Many students change their concentration or find themselves being drawn to a class or topic they did not expect to enjoy.

What about the internship process?

Many students get internships over the summer. I would recommend starting your search early. If you want a finance internship, you really need to start applying right when you get to school. The career center can put you in touch with people and is a good resource for information on specific careers and industries. Do your homework and then go talk to a career counselor. The best advice I can give you is to apply, apply, apply. I know it is hard to find time your first semester, but make the effort and you will be grateful later. Also, try and attend a national conference and network early on. These conferences give you the opportunity to meet a lot of people and it is good exposure for you.

What is your favorite part about the Freeman school?

I really have to say the people. From the admissions office to professors to my awesome classmates (MBA2s and MBA1s), there are great people here. Everyone is supportive of each other. Many business schools are competitive and cutthroat. We aren’t like that here. Tulane really is a family, and I think that is special.

As graduation approaches, I can say I have really enjoyed my time here at Tulane. I will be sad to leave this place. I have gained so much knowledge and I feel prepared for the next step.

As always, I am happy to answer any questions so feel free to email me at ar.garrick@gmail.com

Amy Garrick

MBA Candidate, Class of 2013
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Tulane Freeman Admissions Blog: Admitted and Prospective Students Visit Freeman

Over 20 admitted and prospective MBA students visited Freeman on Friday, March 1.  The next visit is planned for Friday, April 19.

Last Friday, over 20 admitted and prospective MBA students visited the Freeman School for a day packed with information about the School, the MBA program and some of the things that make the Freeman MBA experience unique.  Current students, faculty and staff presented to the group.

Here’s what visitor Harry Dixon had to say:

“The whole visit was fantastic. Not only did the programs offered align with my interests, but I was also impressed by the caliber of the prospective and current students. The Burkenroad reports, even though they were a driver in my initial interest in Tulane, blew me away. Producing research from within such a fantastic program would be an amazing asset when trying to land a job. “

After a short tour highlighting some of the neighborhoods where Freeman MBAs live and play, we enjoyed a great New Orleans style meal at Superior Seafood while watching the historic St. Charles Avenue streetcars pass by.

The next MBA Campus Visit is scheduled for April 19.  Please contact Margarita Ahumada, Assistant Director of Admissions, at margarit@tulane.edu if you are interested in being considered for an invitation to the April 19 event.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Received email this afternoon from Katie Hunter. I've been invited to interview! Still deciding which date in the next two weeks. I'll let everyone know the date I select for the interview and how it goes.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I have my interview tomorrow. Can anybody comment on the types of questions asked? Duration of the interview?

Any insights would be appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
edwin444pr wrote:
I have my interview tomorrow. Can anybody comment on the types of questions asked? Duration of the interview?

Any insights would be appreciated.

It is SUPER casual. I did mine in person, but it only last 15 minutes. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. They wanted to know mostly about why I was pursuing an MBA, what I wanted to do career wise, and how I got to this decision. They also wanted me to talk about certain things on my resume and how they influenced me. Then really it was just an opportunity for me to ask questions, etc.

Hope that helps! let me know if you need anything?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Completed my interview yesterday and just received an email from the school. Admitted!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi guys have my telephone interview on 12th.Plz give me some ideas about the questions asked.Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mridupawandas wrote:
Hi guys have my telephone interview on 12th.Plz give me some ideas about the questions asked.Thanks

As kcrouch said above, the interview is more like a conversation. Very casual. I was interviewed by Katie Hunter and she was very nice. Make sure you know the basics: why you want to do the MBA, why now, why Tulane. I was also asked about a time where I showed leadership. Finally, you will have the chance to ask questions so make sure you have 2 or 3 questions prepared ahead of time.

Best of luck!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mridupawandas wrote:

Oh and please remember to update your application status. :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Is there a Facebook or https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted applicants? If not, do you want to create one or do we keep communicating here?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anyone got confirmation or admit after 12th feb 2016 interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
edwin444pr wrote:
Is there a Facebook or https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted applicants? If not, do you want to create one or do we keep communicating here?

I can make a Facebook group tomorrow!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts