GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 10:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Freeman(Tulane) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Accounting)
Re: Calling all Freeman(Tulane) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 21:18
kcrouch wrote:
edwin444pr wrote:
Is there a Facebook or Whatsapp group for admitted applicants? If not, do you want to create one or do we keep communicating here?

I can make a Facebook group tomorrow!

That's great. Please let us know how to join whether it is posting the link to the group here or us giving you our email addresses via private message so you can invite all admits to the group.
Current Student
Schools: Tulane '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
Re: Calling all Freeman(Tulane) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 08:15
kcrouch wrote:
edwin444pr wrote:
Is there a Facebook or Whatsapp group for admitted applicants? If not, do you want to create one or do we keep communicating here?

I can make a Facebook group tomorrow!

Hey everyone I have created a Facebook Group for people who have been admitted to the Freeman School of Business for the Class of 2018! I have it set as closed, but just request entrance and ill take of it quickly.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1647132965551385/

ROLL WAVE
Current Student
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 11:58
HI guys count me in :-)
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 12:00
mridupawandas wrote:

Congrats!!!
Current Student
Calling all Freeman(Tulane) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 12:03
kcrouch wrote:
mridupawandas wrote:

Congrats!!!
Thanks mate how to join the fb group
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 12:04
mridupawandas wrote:
kcrouch wrote:
mridupawandas wrote:

Congrats!!!
hanks mate how to join the fb group

Click on the link I posted and then request to join and I'll add you
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2016, 23:59
Received admit for class of 2018, interviewed on 12th feb.
anyone there with the admit.
also any whatsapp group or facebook group of admitted people.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 05:42
vinaykgaur wrote:

Look a few posts back and there's a link to
The Facebook group
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 09:04
mridupawandas wrote:

Congratulations!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 09:10
vinaykgaur wrote:

Hi vinaykgaur,

Congrats on the admit. There is a Facebook group for admitted students. Look a couple of posts back on this same page and you'll find the link to it.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 08:19
Hi everyone! Just letting you know that I have declined the offer of admission from Tulane. Hope you guys have a great time in the Big Easy.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2016, 08:39
Got my acceptance this week. 50% scholarship. Waiting to hear back from more schools. I work too, so work and full time may be a large load but ready to rock socks

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2016, 09:17
edwin444pr wrote:
Hi everyone! Just letting you know that I have declined the offer of admission from Tulane. Hope you guys have a great time in the Big Easy.

Hi Where are u headed?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2016, 21:52
mridupawandas wrote:
edwin444pr wrote:

Hi Where are u headed?

Still undecided. Leaning towards Simon and Neeley.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2016, 21:55
glt13 wrote:
Got my acceptance this week. 50% scholarship. Waiting to hear back from more schools. I work too, so work and full time may be a large load but ready to rock socks

Congrats!
Current Student
GPA: 2.7
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2016, 13:07
just got acceptance ... is there an admitted students group on facebook / whatsapp?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2016, 13:09
jonnnnnix wrote:
just got acceptance ... is there an admitted students group on facebook / whatsapp?

Yes there's a link to it earlier in the thread

Intern
Intern
The Lepage Center Is Buzzing  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2017, 14:02
FROM Tulane Freeman Admissions Blog: The Lepage Center Is Buzzing

Oliver Martin, BSM/BA 2020

While working at the Lepage Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, I have been opened up to the vibrant entrepreneurial activity at Tulane. The Lepage Center is buzzing with hundreds of resources. The hardest part is choosing which one to pursue. Should I compete in the Business Model Competition? Or the Novel Tech Challenge? Should I join the Tulane Venture Capital Club? Or the Green Bull Investing Group?

There are infinite options, and the important thing is finding the right one for you. I love working at the Lepage Center because we are right at the center of it all. Prior to working at the Lepage Center, I didn’t even realize that Tulane offered all of these entrepreneurial opportunities for students. Now, I struggle to pick which one to pursue. Lately, I have been leaning towards joining the Tulane Venture Capital Club.

Another asset that the Lepage Center provides students with is its ability to make connections. Students from all of the different programs of Tulane come in to our office looking for help with their ideas and start-ups. The Lepage Center does a terrific job at connecting these individuals to combine their skillsets. Recently, I was able to connect with a Lepage Center alumnus. We discussed the internship process, and I was able to gain some valuable insight about possible opportunities and places to search. Now, I have a much better idea of how and where to pursue internship opportunities.

I am so grateful for all of the opportunity that the Lepage Center has provided for me, and I think that everyone should capitalize on it as well. Come into the Lepage Center today and see all of the great opportunities we can help connect you to.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Cotton Candy and Conversation about Family Business  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2017, 14:02
FROM Tulane Freeman Admissions Blog: Cotton Candy and Conversation about Family Business

by Pranay Sakhrani

What is “Cotton Candy and Conversation?” On October 27th the Tulane Family

Business Center- with help from the Lepage Student Fellows- held a Outreach Event

entitled “Cotton Candy and Conversation.” And yes, both the cotton candy and the

conversations were quality. The purpose of this outreach was to identify the students

who come from a “family business” background, as they often go unidentified. The

Family Business Center wanted to use the outreach event to market their first “Meet

and Greet.”

Almost everyday I see a table outside the LBC, so when I was tasked with marketing

the “Meet and Greet” I instantly thought about having a table set up. Each table

normally had their own gimmick or incentive for students to come up. I thought, “What

would attract the most people, regardless of age or background?” The answer was

elementary; Cotton Candy! Through Mrs. Roz, the assistant director of the Family

Business Center, we found a cotton candy operator and he allowed us to use his

cotton candy machine to attract the interest of walking students. The operator

provided us with the machine, some sugar, and lots of cones. However, we still ended

up making our own cones out of copy paper as the demand for our cotton candy was

so high. Which, in reality wasn’t a bad thing. I had a great time swirling up the cones

while taking in all the different types of students strung together by one common

factor; family business.

Once at the table, students would fill out a short questionnaire, then claim their treat.

The questions were created to figure out the demographics of the students who come

from or are affiliated with family business. Each response was saved and the total

came out to nearly 70 responses. 60% of the responses were from freshman, and 40%

of the responses said they did come from a family business. We then complied all the

students emails who were from a family business and sent them invitations to the meet

and greet, along with a link to RSVP. By sending out the email invitations with the RSVP

link, we were able to target the right student demographic and get an accurate number

of people who would be attending the “Meet and Greet.”

Also, I got to meet a pup!
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Student Entrepreneur Spotlight:  Ryan Baker, BSM 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 15:01
FROM Tulane Freeman Admissions Blog: Student Entrepreneur Spotlight:  Ryan Baker, BSM 2020
By Oliver Martin

Lepage Fellow Oliver Martin working with Ryan Baker on perfecting his submission to the 2018 Tulane Business Model Competition
Ryan’s Hometown: Harrison, New York

Major: Entrepreneurial Management, Marketing

Year of Graduation: 2020

Entrepreneurial Idea:  A digital marketing platform that allows direct marketing for local business through a voting and rewards system

What interests you about entrepreneurship?

The risk. The reason I find risk so interesting is because high risk is usually paired with high reward. To be able to access high rewards, I realized that I needed to minimize my risks, while maximizing my rewards. I view entrepreneurship as guidelines/teachings to maximize rewards and minimize risks, which in the end give someone the best chance at success.

What are some of your achievements in entrepreneurship?

I recently started working as a Business Analyst Internship with MyRentHero, a start up from a Tulane alumnus who has been teaching me how to take an idea to market.

I am also currently working on my own start up that is a digital marketing platform.

Through working on my startup, not only have I learned a lot about the startup world, but I have been able to meet a lot of new people who have been helping me through the process. I plan to use the connections I am able to create through my website to develop future professional relationships.

Do you have any advice for other student entrepreneurs?

My advice is to read The Lean Start Up.  This book completely changes the way that you think about startups.  Instead of the classic approach, this book emphasizes more trial and error in the process of starting your own business.

Additionally, you should not hide your idea from everyone because that is where all the best advice will be.  Don’t be afraid to go to your local resources for help.  Throughout my process of starting my own business, I have been able to gain many valuable insights from outside help.  Giving your idea exposure can be the reason it takes off.
Student Entrepreneur Spotlight:  Ryan Baker, BSM 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 06 Feb 2018, 15:01

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 43 posts ] 

Calling all Freeman(Tulane) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap