Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Olin '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Navinder wrote:
Hi guys,

Does OLIN take a decision about applicant at the end of round or as the applications come? I am asking because I am late in process and started application yesterday. I was wondering if it would be better to pace up and submit application in R2 or take my time and submit in R3. Any suggetions are welcome.

Thanks & Regards,
Navinder

Hi, as per Olin's website, Olin starts considering applications for only post each round's deadline, except if you submit after April 20th, when they start with rolling admissions. Hope this helps you to make a decision!

Posted from my mobile device

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Navinder wrote:
Hi guys,

Does OLIN take a decision about applicant at the end of round or as the applications come? I am asking because I am late in process and started application yesterday. I was wondering if it would be better to pace up and submit application in R2 or take my time and submit in R3. Any suggetions are welcome.

Thanks & Regards,
Navinder

The common wisdom is to submit your application when it is at its strongest. If you can submit a quality application by the R2 deadline then it would behoove you to do so since there's more money in earlier rounds for scholarships.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Navinder, i applied towards the end ( submitted my application in March or so) and got a decent scholarship. However this was in 2013. Not sure how the scene has changed since then but i would say that only when you feel prepared to submit your application you should do so.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Schools: Olin '19 (S)
Send PM
Are all the interview invites for Round 1 applicants typically released in one go. I too had applied on the last day of Round 1 deadline and have not received an interview invite. Can I still be hopeful??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mayankdhupar wrote:
Are all the interview invites for Round 1 applicants typically released in one go. I too had applied on the last day of Round 1 deadline and have not received an interview invite. Can I still be hopeful??

Interview requests seem to be spread out. I applied via the consortium so it had a different time line but I heard within 10 days after going complete. There is still days available to interview from what I noticed on their scheduling site. So there is hope but I'm not sure how much. Good luck
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
NoDing wrote:
Navinder wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks & Regards,
Navinder

Hi, as per Olin's website, Olin starts considering applications for only post each round's deadline, except if you submit after April 20th, when they start with rolling admissions. Hope this helps you to make a decision!

Tooswolle wrote:
Navinder wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks & Regards,
Navinder

The common wisdom is to submit your application when it is at its strongest. If you can submit a quality application by the R2 deadline then it would behoove you to do so since there's more money in earlier rounds for scholarships.

shreeraj wrote:
Navinder, i applied towards the end ( submitted my application in March or so) and got a decent scholarship. However this was in 2013. Not sure how the scene has changed since then but i would say that only when you feel prepared to submit your application you should do so.

Thanks alot guys. I am trying to submit in Round 2. Hopefully, it gets completed.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thiis wait is killing me. I had my interview last week; it wasn't my best because I had connection problems at the start of the interview and it threw off my game. Hoping we start hearing things soon!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Olin '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Tooswolle wrote:
Thiis wait is killing me. I had my interview last week; it wasn't my best because I had connection problems at the start of the interview and it threw off my game. Hoping we start hearing things soon!

Tell me about it! Been two weeks since my interview. But, I was told at the very beginning that we will hear back only on the day as mentioned on the website (16th December!) So much waiting!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
NoDing wrote:
Tooswolle wrote:

Tell me about it! Been two weeks since my interview. But, I was told at the very beginning that we will hear back only on the day as mentioned on the website (16th December!) So much waiting!

I got the same response. Looking at last years thread they sent out denial letters and acceptances before their deadline. I hope that's the case this time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hello,

I was not familiar with this program before today. But the deadline for round 2 is 2 days from now. So is it better to apply in round 2 or the intake for round 3 is good as well?
Thanks in advance.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 4
Send PM
Did any R1 applicant receive final decision?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
neetuy425 wrote:
Did any R1 applicant receive final decision?

I received a follow up mail from my interviewer in which she clearly mentioned they will get in touch only on Dec 16th regarding the admissions decision.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 4
Send PM
Ok, good luck to you.
btw how was the interview experience?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Olin '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
In past years, it seems like a lot of people got info a couple weeks ahead of the decision date
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Stlengineer09 wrote:
In past years, it seems like a lot of people got info a couple weeks ahead of the decision date

I noticed the last interview date on their scheduling site was 12/2. Hopefully those of us who interviewed earlier hear back this next week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Tooswolle wrote:
Stlengineer09 wrote:

I noticed the last interview date on their scheduling site was 12/2. Hopefully those of us who interviewed earlier hear back this next week.

My interviewer clearly mentioned that they will release the admissions decision only on Dec 16th and not to expect anything before that.
Although I, too, am hoping to hear back sooner but the chances are very slim :(
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts