GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 07 Dec 2019, 05:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Mar 2013
Posts: 25
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.57
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 03:18
Have my interview on 11th Jan. Lets see what happens. Fingers crossed!! All the best to everyone
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 46
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 07:15
This is going to be my first skype interview. Can anyone please help me with the logistical stuff? Do they just call you or are you supposed to receive a 'friend' request? Just wondering how the process works.

Good luck to you all!
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Dec 2015
Posts: 36
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Olin '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 3.4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 07:48
ruggerkaz wrote:
This is going to be my first skype interview. Can anyone please help me with the logistical stuff? Do they just call you or are you supposed to receive a 'friend' request? Just wondering how the process works.

Good luck to you all!


They just call you, without a request. Do check your Skype's privacy settings and set it accept all calls and not just those of your contacts.

All the best for your interview!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Oct 2016
Posts: 120
GPA: 3.38
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 08:21
ruggerkaz wrote:
This is going to be my first skype interview. Can anyone please help me with the logistical stuff? Do they just call you or are you supposed to receive a 'friend' request? Just wondering how the process works.

Good luck to you all!


Also one thing I I noticed is don't sign in on different computers because your call might go to the first one you logged in on. I realized this the hard way because I didn't take my lap top with me for my interview and used my girl friends and wasn't getting the calls. But luckily was able to trouble shoot but it definitely threw me off my game. Good luck and stay calm on your interview.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 46
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 08:40
Thanks you both. I will use my roommates laptop as its better than mine. So, you suggest I log out of my own and then log into my friend's?
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Oct 2016
Posts: 120
GPA: 3.38
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 09:24
ruggerkaz wrote:
Thanks you both. I will use my roommates laptop as its better than mine. So, you suggest I log out of my own and then log into my friend's?


That would be a good call. But have a back up method to access skype, I did and it saved my butt on that interview since it was only a few minutes of delay.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.99
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 22:36
Hi All,

I have an interview with Jessica Voss from Olin school of business today.

I already have an admit offer from carlson with full scholarship. Is it safe to tell them that I already got an admit from other school with scholarship ?

If so, what would be the questions I might have to face ?

Thanks in advance.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Oct 2016
Posts: 120
GPA: 3.38
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 00:04
1
LavanyaN wrote:
Hi All,

I have an interview with Jessica Voss from Olin school of business today.

I already have an admit offer from carlson with full scholarship. Is it safe to tell them that I already got an admit from other school with scholarship ?

If so, what would be the questions I might have to face ?

Thanks in advance.




Friendly advice don't. Admission committee members aren't interested in knowing which school accepted you or how much was offered. They are only interested in your genuine interest in their program. If you talk about other schools that will turn them off real quick. If you ARE accepted at that point it is ok to TACTFULLY try to negotiate for more scholarship. Until then use that full scholarship as a safety to know you at least have that as an option and hope for something better.




Totally agreed. Just make them think Olin is THE ONE, and they are more likely going to select you and give you a good scholarship. At that point, your current offer becomes some good leverage to negotiate a better scholarship.

One thing I will share from what I see this year at Olin. For Indian students, about 35% ~ 40% get scholarships, and there are very few full rides. The older you are, the more likely you will get a scholarship. And always negotiate the scholarship before you accept your offer. A good friend of mine with the same GMAT score tried to negotiate something better AFTER he joined Olin, and had no luck at it.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7299
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 01:22
Tooswolle wrote:
LavanyaN wrote:
Hi All,

I have an interview with Jessica Voss from Olin school of business today.

I already have an admit offer from carlson with full scholarship. Is it safe to tell them that I already got an admit from other school with scholarship ?

If so, what would be the questions I might have to face ?

Thanks in advance.



Friendly advice don't. Admission committee members aren't interested in knowing which school accepted you or how much was offered. They are only interested in your genuine interest in their program. If you talk about other schools that will turn them off real quick. If you ARE accepted at that point it is ok to TACTFULLY try to negotiate for more scholarship. Until then use that full scholarship as a safety to know you at least have that as an option and hope for something better.


Agree with Tooswolle. If they know you already have a full tuition offer some other school they understand that it's unlikely for you to turn down that offer unless Olin offers something along similar lines. In such case they might be extra cautious in analyzing your candidacy, so, as advised by Tooswolle, use Carlson offer to negotiate with Olin only if you get admitted.

All the best for your interview today!!
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7299
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 01:34
rbhasin11 wrote:
I have my interview tonight via Skype. Hoping to sail through with confidence.


How did your interview go? Mind sharing you interview experience with us?
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 09 Apr 2015
Posts: 60
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
My Olin Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 02:13
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2014
Posts: 114
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.35
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
My Olin Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 02:16
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jan 2017
Posts: 79
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 05:02
1
Narenn wrote:
rbhasin11 wrote:
I have my interview tonight via Skype. Hoping to sail through with confidence.


How did your interview go? Mind sharing you interview experience with us?


I think it went well. I was much more confident than my last interview a couple of days back. She asked me to take her through my Resume and my accomplishments. I was asked about 3 factors that I would consider if I were to choose between offers from different schools. The rest of the questions were about my short term and long term goals, why I chose Olin for my masters and why I chose to apply now.

The interview went on for about 30 mins. I'm expecting a response from them by the end of the month.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 7299
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 08:00
rbhasin11 wrote:
Narenn wrote:
rbhasin11 wrote:
I have my interview tonight via Skype. Hoping to sail through with confidence.


How did your interview go? Mind sharing you interview experience with us?


I think it went well. I was much more confident than my last interview a couple of days back. She asked me to take her through my Resume and my accomplishments. I was asked about 3 factors that I would consider if I were to choose between offers from different schools. The rest of the questions were about my short term and long term goals, why I chose Olin for my masters and why I chose to apply now.

The interview went on for about 30 mins. I'm expecting a response from them by the end of the month.


Thanks and good luck for the final decision!!
_________________
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Posts: 450
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 11:45
Oops....I think I messed up Tooswolle's comment....my apologies! not sure how I did it!
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 27 Mar 2016
Posts: 322
Location: United States (CO)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 11:19
School attempted to call. Phone was unavailable.

Admitted on: 2016/12/16
Heard back via: Email
Location: United States, CO
GMAT: 770, Q51, V44
GPA: 3.69
WE: 64 months
Industry: Consulting
Submited on: 2016/10/03
Invited on: 1969/12/31
Interviewed on: 1969/12/31
Decision Received on: 2016/12/16
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jul 2016
Posts: 32
Location: United States
GPA: 3.7
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 12:20
HiLine wrote:
School attempted to call. Phone was unavailable.

Admitted on: 2016/12/16
Heard back via: Email
Location: United States, CO
GMAT: 770, Q51, V44
GPA: 3.69
WE: 64 months
Industry: Consulting
Submited on: 2016/10/03
Invited on: 1969/12/31
Interviewed on: 1969/12/31
Decision Received on: 2016/12/16


Congrats! Did you get any $? I'm assuming so with that GMAT score.
Current Student
User avatar
G
Joined: 28 Nov 2014
Posts: 818
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M$)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 16:40
1
I have seen the school giving generous scholarship this year. Few of my friends have got as high as 90% scholarship with scores in range 700-730. So, I'll say put a strong case and do your best at your interviews. It is likely that most of the candidates with 700+ are going to get great scholarship!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 46
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 07:21
Had my interview yesterday. It was a fun and enjoyable conversation. discussed the typical questions people wrote above but it did not feel like a traditional interview where they shoot questions at you.

Good luck to everyone!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 22 May 2016
Posts: 8
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 13:10
Hi guys,

Anyone got an invite for an informal meet-and-greet gathering?

Thanks
Aarti
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2017, 13:10

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16    Next  [ 308 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: anirbank91






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne