Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '19 (A)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '19 (A)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Bookmarks
That was very helpful. Thank you!

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
I'm glad you asked this question, this is probably worthy of a blog post. The core value of Stanford is that they will help transform you. And believe that it's best achieved by creating a diverse class. What they are testing on here is whether or not your background or unique perspective will be brought to the Forefront in the classroom so that others can benefit from it. They invest all this time creating a highly diverse class comprised of people from all around the world from all strata and walks of life, and want to make sure that that is being leveraged. So really they're asking if you're an extrovert someone that is willing to share your experiences and perspectives for the betterment of all. Or will you be someone who is Suzy Wallflower, hoarding all your goodies :-) hope that helps

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Admissions Consultant & Verbal Strategist MBAPrepCoach.com
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ds29 wrote:
That was very helpful. Thank you!

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
I'm glad you asked this question, this is probably worthy of a blog post. The core value of Stanford is that they will help transform you. And believe that it's best achieved by creating a diverse class. What they are testing on here is whether or not your background or unique perspective will be brought to the Forefront in the classroom so that others can benefit from it. They invest all this time creating a highly diverse class comprised of people from all around the world from all strata and walks of life, and want to make sure that that is being leveraged. So really they're asking if you're an extrovert someone that is willing to share your experiences and perspectives for the betterment of all. Or will you be someone who is Suzy Wallflower, hoarding all your goodies :-) hope that helps

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA

Thank you ds29 - I posted a new topic in this thread @
question-re-background-or-perspective-influencing-your-participation-225450.html#p1734667
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
Send PM
Bookmarks
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA

I came looking for the answer for the same question.
Thank you for your comment, it makes sense. Still have to comment on how badly the question is worded/explained at least to my logical mind.
Can there ever be a time when my background and perspective DOES NOT influence my participation at work or school? Like I wake up and forget everything in my life up to this moment? It basically equals "Tell us about any moment at work or school in 1200 characters"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q33 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q41 V42
GMAT 3: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Anyone attending the diversity event this weekend?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Question: I put together a resume for HBS that I think is pretty well crafted. Want to understand if people here think that there's a need to customize the resume for each school in any way. If so, any particular things I should highlight or note for Stanford? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Question: in the application form Stanford asks for "the most significant achievement". Is it okay to answer with multiple achievements or is it better to just elaborate on 1?
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51452 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Well because it uses 'the most significant' I'd only use one.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
As stated in the topic
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
Most schools will give you the option to fill in the signing bonus info.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
Most schools will give you the option to fill in the signing bonus info.

Hi,

This is for GSB, and I don't see anywhere other than possibly "Starting Other Income".

Thanks
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes. Other income.

Good luck!

Best,
Scott
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Hi everyone, do you think the essays can slightly exceed 1100 words? If it is like 10-20 words more...is it fine?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
MarieAndreeva wrote:
Hi everyone, do you think the essays can slightly exceed 1100 words? If it is like 10-20 words more...is it fine?

Mine's a little bit longer FWIW. Asked a few alums and they said it's OK
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.9
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
MarieAndreeva wrote:

The limit is 1150 - is that what you meant?

Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
Just submitted the GSB app. Realized that I can't find out if they have received my official GMAT scores unlike other schools which shows a list of things that they have received or are yet to.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
In for R1. Good luck, everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 2.99
Send PM
I currently have to remove about 15 words. In Essay B I mention "the GSB" a lot. Would it be acceptable to replace this with "Stanford". I know that Stanford is the overall institution, but considering the question asks "Why Stanford?" I think it would be deemed acceptable.

Sorry for the overly trivial question.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  27   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts