Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
MiZlaN wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
MiZlaN wrote:
Anyone know the order of interview invite releases? I heard that they start with MBB - but not sure if that's a rumour or not..

Where did you hear that? Seems arbitrary at based and downright unethical at worst.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

From a friend (rather than official sources) who know people at my company who got interview invites very early last year and drew that conclusion.
I would presume that they do do some segmentation initially and then obviously review each application carefully, no?

Agree - heard this before many times. Friends with consulting background who were admitted all heard in first two weeks or so. People with non-traditional background (e.g., aviation and social impact) all heard in last week or 10 days. Obviously doesn't mean that they won't change it this year and start with a different industry. This is experince from friends over last 3-4 years.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Has anyone received an invite yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
connerjadwin wrote:

No :( :( I don't know anyone who has either..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
MiZlaN wrote:
connerjadwin wrote:

I TAKE IT BACK. OMFG. INTERVIEW.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
MiZlaN wrote:
MiZlaN wrote:
connerjadwin wrote:

Congrats!! Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
MiZlaN wrote:
MiZlaN wrote:
connerjadwin wrote:

Seems like they are doing consulting applicants first again this year.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
is PE and consulting in the same bucket-ish?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Send PM
mind posting the text of the invite so the rest of the us can live vicariously through you? =)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
CJH2015 wrote:
mind posting the text of the invite so the rest of the us can live vicariously through you? =)

haha, sure

"Dear XXX,

Greetings from the Stanford MBA Admissions Office! We have reviewed your application and are delighted to invite you to interview.

The first step in this process is for you to let us know your location and general availability for the next few weeks. You can do this by logging in to your application and choosing the "Update Interview Info" link.

We’re sure you have lots of questions, so I have included some additional information below. If you have any other questions, particularly about the interview process or about scheduling your interview, please feel free to email me at interview@gsb.stanford.edu.

Thank you for your continued interest in the Stanford Graduate School of Business.

Warm regards,

Carrie"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MiZlaN wrote:
CJH2015 wrote:

haha, sure

"Dear XXX,

Greetings from the Stanford MBA Admissions Office! We have reviewed your application and are delighted to invite you to interview.

The first step in this process is for you to let us know your location and general availability for the next few weeks. You can do this by logging in to your application and choosing the "Update Interview Info" link.

We’re sure you have lots of questions, so I have included some additional information below. If you have any other questions, particularly about the interview process or about scheduling your interview, please feel free to email me at interview@gsb.stanford.edu.

Thank you for your continued interest in the Stanford Graduate School of Business.

Warm regards,

Carrie"

That's really cool! Congrats! :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MiZlaN wrote:
MiZlaN wrote:
connerjadwin wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!! :) Did you get an interview with HBS too?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MiZlaN wrote:
MiZlaN wrote:
connerjadwin wrote:

Big big congratulations!! Hope it goes well for you - would love to learn more about your interview experience!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CONGRATULATIONS!! :) Did you get an interview with HBS too?[/quote]

I didn't apply to HBS this round (I'm spreading my applications out across all three round due to work.. gotta love MBB.. sigh) - but plan to apply in R2 if I am unsuccessful with GSB.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Obviously, interview emails can come any day between now and mid-November, but do they typically come at the same time of day (e.g., 12PM PST?) This is so much harder than waiting for the HBS interviews when everything was on three days and came at noon :x
Manager
Manager
Send PM
fpm32 wrote:
Obviously, interview emails can come any day between now and mid-November, but do they typically come at the same time of day (e.g., 12PM PST?) This is so much harder than waiting for the HBS interviews when everything was on three days and came at noon :x

I think they come anytime throughout the day. Last year they even came at 9pm CA time.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
KronicXD wrote:
fpm32 wrote:

I think they come anytime throughout the day. Last year they even came at 9pm CA time.

and on Sundays!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
@jole101 - seriously?! Whoa.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  27   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts