It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 14:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Nov 2015
Posts: 37

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 10

Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 10:31
1
This post received
KUDOS
Thank you so much MiZlan and fpm32! :) Congratulations on the invite! And I hope it went/will go awesomely for you guys!

This really helped. I just received an email from him asking me to give him a call during the day tomorrow. :)
So, all good! :)

Thank you for your responses.

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 10

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2016
Posts: 31

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 16:07
Hey MiZlaN,

Just curious - are you from Sweden or just living/working there?:)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2015
Posts: 140

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 149

Location: Bhutan
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 20:23
arcanerain wrote:
Thank you so much MiZlan and fpm32! :) Congratulations on the invite! And I hope it went/will go awesomely for you guys!

This really helped. I just received an email from him asking me to give him a call during the day tomorrow. :)
So, all good! :)

Thank you for your responses.


First off - congrats! Just curious: where are you going to interview?
_________________

I am the master of my faith;
I am the captain of my soul.

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 149

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2016
Posts: 30

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 11:53
MarieAndreeva wrote:
Hey MiZlaN,

Just curious - are you from Sweden or just living/working there?:)


I'm Swedish but lived abroad 2009-2014 :)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2016
Posts: 31

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 12:49
MiZlaN wrote:
MarieAndreeva wrote:
Hey MiZlaN,

Just curious - are you from Sweden or just living/working there?:)


I'm Swedish but lived abroad 2009-2014 :)


Cool. I just have Swedish boyfriend and was living in Sweden for a while.

Where have you lived abroad?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2016
Posts: 30

Kudos [?]: 17 [2], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 12:57
2
This post received
KUDOS
Fun! Let's continue the conversation in private msgs instead? Not sure if everyone wants to hear my life story on a site like this!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 17 [2], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2016
Posts: 31

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 13:36
MiZlaN wrote:
Fun! Let's continue the conversation in private msgs instead? Not sure if everyone wants to hear my life story on a site like this!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Sounds reasonable! :-D

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Nov 2015
Posts: 37

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 23:50
jole101 wrote:
arcanerain wrote:
Thank you so much MiZlan and fpm32! :) Congratulations on the invite! And I hope it went/will go awesomely for you guys!

This really helped. I just received an email from him asking me to give him a call during the day tomorrow. :)
So, all good! :)

Thank you for your responses.


First off - congrats! Just curious: where are you going to interview?


New Delhi :)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2016
Posts: 31

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2016, 05:57
I am interested about post-interview stats...

On the web-site they are saying they accept about a half of people who interviewed.

But then also saying that they interview around 1000 people and the class is 400. Which means 2:5, not 1:2.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Mar 2016
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Location: Brazil
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.7
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2016, 06:58
MarieAndreeva wrote:
I am interested about post-interview stats...

On the web-site they are saying they accept about a half of people who interviewed.

But then also saying that they interview around 1000 people and the class is 400. Which means 2:5, not 1:2.


Hi MarieAndreeva,

Some people will be accepted in many different schools.

Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 189

Kudos [?]: 114 [1], given: 42

Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Schools: Stanford '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2016, 12:29
1
This post received
KUDOS
GSB has about an ~83% yield rate, for a class of 417 they have to admit 502. That's about a 50% success rate post-interview.

Kudos [?]: 114 [1], given: 42

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2013
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2016, 12:36
Hmmm so.. 1004 total interview invites, over 3 rounds, around 334 interview invites per round.
Assuming 7500 over all applicants distributed evenly across 3 rounds, 13% chance for an invite to interview and ~ 6% chance of getting in..

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2016
Posts: 30

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2016, 12:45
For those who have followed this process for a few years - anything different with the new dean? E.g. Fewer interview invites? (330 feels high relative to invites to people on this forum, no?) Or interview questions?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2016
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.75
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2016, 07:53
This week will be pretty much the last week to receive invites. Any idea if most of the invites have gone out yet ?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2015
Posts: 140

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 149

Location: Bhutan
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2016, 22:32
S. wrote:
This week will be pretty much the last week to receive invites. Any idea if most of the invites have gone out yet ?


Wouldn't agree with this. I know of people who got invited on the very last day (i.e., this year that would be 16-Nov) and ultimately got in.

Don't lose hope :-)
_________________

I am the master of my faith;
I am the captain of my soul.

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 149

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 May 2016
Posts: 108

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 01:39
careernomad wrote:
Hmmm so.. 1004 total interview invites, over 3 rounds, around 334 interview invites per round.
Assuming 7500 over all applicants distributed evenly across 3 rounds, 13% chance for an invite to interview and ~ 6% chance of getting in..



The assumption of equal invites per round probably isn't 100% true.

Round 1 and 2 probably get the bulk of invites, as it's encouraged to apply in those rounds and spots start to fill out. As spots fill up the competition per spot increases. The split might be more like 45:40:15.

So the invite split per round might be more like 451:402:151.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 47

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Location: United States
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 07:09
Several people from my company (specifically my office/location) got invites last week at the same time. Officially giving up on Stanford :(

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2016
Posts: 31

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 07:12
jole101 wrote:
S. wrote:
This week will be pretty much the last week to receive invites. Any idea if most of the invites have gone out yet ?


Wouldn't agree with this. I know of people who got invited on the very last day (i.e., this year that would be 16-Nov) and ultimately got in.

Don't lose hope :-)


Jole101, if you got invited (and accepted) to both HBS and GSB, what is your pick?:)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2016
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Stanford '20
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 12:44
Reapplicant here. Drained of waiting 3+ weeks this year especially after last year's ding. Calling it quits here, but such is life.. best of luck to all those who do get in!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 May 2016
Posts: 108

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 13:50
amh2015 wrote:
Reapplicant here. Drained of waiting 3+ weeks this year especially after last year's ding. Calling it quits here, but such is life.. best of luck to all those who do get in!



Theres enough time for it to go any way...

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 07 Nov 2016, 13:50

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  27    Next  [ 540 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: ydmuley, mvictor



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.