Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 23:28 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [4]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
WE:Management Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson (Cornell) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Reserved Post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 44
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson (Cornell) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Any idea when the applications open for'19?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Bookmarks
The Application for 2016-17 is now open.

Here are the details:

DEADLINES
Round 1: 5-Oct-2016
Round 2: 15-Nov-2016
Round 3: 10-Jan-2017
Round 4: 15-Mar-2017

CHECKLIST:
- Online Application
- Application fee of $200 USD
- Resume
- Two required essays (third optional)
- List of activities
- One letter of professional recommendation (second optional)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary coursework and degrees
- GMAT or GRE score report
- English Language Exam score report for applicants whose native language is not English (TOEFL or IELTS)

ESSAYS:
1. You are the author for the book of Your Life Story. Please create the table of contents for the book in the space provided or upload it as an attachment. We value creativity and authenticity and encourage you to approach this essay with your unique style. Alternative submission formats may include a slide presentation, links to pre-existing media (personal website, digital portfolio, YouTube etc.), as well as visually enhanced written submissions.

2. What are your short and long term goals and how do you see the Cornell MBA enabling you to achieve both? Please limit your response to 500 words or fewer.

3. (OPTIONAL) Complete this essay if you would like to add additional details regarding your candidacy. For instance, if you believe one or more aspects of your application (e.g., undergraduate record or test scores) do not accurately reflect your potential for success at the Johnson School. If you are reapplying for admission, please use this essay to indicate how you have strengthened your application since the last time you applied. Please limit your response to 500 words or fewer.

Good luck everyone!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
An Indian Entreprenuer Makes it to Johnson Cornell

There was a time, not long back, when family business applicants to full-time MBA programs were looked upon almost entirely as inheritors. This has been rapidly changing over the last 4-5 years, and today, not only have top MBA programs launched specific offerings targeting family business applicants, but they have begun looking at second-generation business owners as excellent prospects to add value to their programs, and later to their alumni base. The Cornell MBA, is an excellent MBA program among the very best, has taken strong strides in this direction too. This post looks briefly at the plenty of opportunities available for studying entrepreneurship at Cornell, and also looks at the story of Rohan Sangari, one of the GyanOne clients who made it to the Cornell MBA in 2016.

Why go for an MBA as an entrepreneur?
As an entrepreneur or a family business professional, the first question that one asks oneself when considering further education is around whether the MBA is the right program in the first place. In this sense, the MBA competes with other specialized master’s programs, short-term executive education options, and even the option to not get any further education at all. This is especially true for second-generation family business professionals, as many of them are already part of well-established, successful businesses. And yet, even this trend is now changing. Many family business professionals and entrepreneurs now see the value of gaining advanced business education that may not get them immediate short-term profits, but could be pivotal to helping them forge partnerships and expand their concerns in the medium to long term.

Further, the world of business changes rapidly. Even established businesses are today facing competition from smaller rivals, and with the growth of the internet, from firms across the world. There is therefore the need to not just be part of a business, but to grow it too. In that sense, the family business professionals of today do not just inherit businesses, but are increasingly being asked to take up the mantle of growing them too.

This is why we feel that entrepreneurship at Cornell is such a well-thought out educational offering, balancing the needs of first-generation entrepreneurs with those of managers/inheritors of more established businesses, and combining each with the allure of an excellent MBA program. Entrepreneurship at Cornell

This post was first published on the GyanOne Blog

Originally posted by GyanOne on 06 Jul 2016, 03:39.
Last edited by GyanOne on 24 Apr 2020, 04:17, edited 1 time in total.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Cornell app is now live! Essays below:

Table of Contents Essay - After encouraging creative submission formats last year, we decided to keep this long time favorite as we were so impressed with the originality of the submissions and deeper insights we received into each candidate's life story.

Goals Essay - Last year we sought to simplify the goals prompt and this year we've taken it a step further by asking you to succinctly describe your short and long term goals by filling in the details as you see them today.

Creating Impact Essay - At Cornell, we value students who create impact and would like you to use this new essay to indicate the opportunities for impact that you've identified through engagement with our community.

Sent from GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GRE 1: Q165 V165
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
aerien wrote:

Table of Contents Essay - After encouraging creative submission formats last year, we decided to keep this long time favorite as we were so impressed with the originality of the submissions and deeper insights we received into each candidate's life story.

Goals Essay - Last year we sought to simplify the goals prompt and this year we've taken it a step further by asking you to succinctly describe your short and long term goals by filling in the details as you see them today.

Creating Impact Essay - At Cornell, we value students who create impact and would like you to use this new essay to indicate the opportunities for impact that you've identified through engagement with our community.

Hi,
can any expert help analyze creating impact essay?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Yeah, I'm struggling to understand the impact essay too. Are they talking only about social impact or are they thinking in terms of contribution to the community ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Send PM
Similar to Fuqua's essay, I thought it was impact as in what you want to accomplish as a student on campus.

"Johnson's unique extracurricular resources have led me to apply. Connecting with Student John Doe during my campus visit, I learned about the family business club, which I hope to lead in the Johnson MBA program. Through this group, I'll interface with local Ithaca family businesses and provide ad hoc consulting services."

Maybe my analysis is incorrect.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CBS '20 (D)
GPA: 3
Send PM
+1. Feel a bit rushed for the October round considering that i am visiting the school end September early Oct; but a bit worried about whether the November round maybe late.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1833 [0]
Given Kudos: 370
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
Top Contributor
Hi, Those applying for the One year MBA can discuss on this thread calling-all-johnson-cornell-1-year-mba-applicants-2017-intake-223358.html#p1720120

Deadlines and Essay Analysis has been included. Essays for both two-year and one-year programs are the same. Early Action deadline for 1-Yr program is September 15th.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1833 [0]
Given Kudos: 370
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
Top Contributor
mohsint25 wrote:
aerien wrote:

Hi,
can any expert help analyze creating impact essay?

doctorb wrote:
Yeah, I'm struggling to understand the impact essay too. Are they talking only about social impact or are they thinking in terms of contribution to the community ?

Please refer the Essay Analysis and writing tips for 2016-17 topics given by Clear Admit, Essay Snark, etc given HERE
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51457 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
I think there is something wrong with the recommendations. Both my recommenders have not received any email.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GPA: 1
Send PM
Surprised at how little activity this thread has had...Has anyone been in contact with the school at all? I submitted my application in mid-August, so hoping to be one of the first to hear back as the adcom mentioned they review applications in the order they are received...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
Hi Souvik,

Both of my recommendors got the email notification.

Have you submitted your application? I am targeting to submit it before this week.

Thanks,
NS
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
I am going to submit tomorrow. I struggled quite a bit with the TOC essay. How did you approach it? Both my recommenders submitted it today.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Alum
Send PM
Expert Reply
ikuzo wrote:
Surprised at how little activity this thread has had...Has anyone been in contact with the school at all? I submitted my application in mid-August, so hoping to be one of the first to hear back as the adcom mentioned they review applications in the order they are received...

Let's change that. Some light on your profile?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.75
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I have submitted my application yesterday. Current status of the application shows "submitted". I am an international student, and did not submit TOEFL/IELTS scores as I think I am eligible for the waiver. Johnson's website says in its TOEFL waiver policy, "Candidate has earned a university degree from a non-English speaking country, and can provide official documentation that states the sole language of educational instruction was English. " However, within the application, it never asked for any documentation.

Do you think the admission committee will contact later and ask for official documentation from my school stating that "the sole language of educational instruction was English"?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts