Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:20 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GRE 1: Q167 V157
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson (Cornell) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
anotherapplicant wrote:
I submitted my application for the November round on 14th Nov, and my application went under review on the 17th. Did anyone else's application go "under review", within a couple of days after the deadline?

I also submitted on Nov 14th, my status till now says 'Submitted'.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.27
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Johnson (Cornell) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Have any L.E.A.D candidates received an admission decision? I interviewed a few weeks ago but I'm attending L.E.A.D next week for the Park Scholarship. I'm wondering if anyone will receive decisions before the event or if we shouldn't expect anything until afterward. I'm starting to get nervous, seeing some acceptances roll out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Schools: Ross '19 (M$)
Send PM
gdyste wrote:
Have any L.E.A.D candidates received an admission decision? I interviewed a few weeks ago but I'm attending L.E.A.D next week for the Park Scholarship. I'm wondering if anyone will receive decisions before the event or if we shouldn't expect anything until afterward. I'm starting to get nervous, seeing some acceptances roll out.

They won't offer without scholarship information so don't expect a call until after your LEAD event. It makes sense from both parties as they get an extra data point so if you're great you get the full ride/other merit scholarship.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
R2. Submitted 11/14. On 11/21 my TOC essay got one view from the US and my application changed from "Submitted" to "Incomplete" because I didn't send them a copy of GMAT score. Hope that won't hurt my chance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied for the two year program on 11/14. App went under review on 11/16, and received interview invite on 11/21. Since I am on an overseas assignment right now, I had to schedule a Skype interview.

Could someone share their Skype interview experience?

Thanks!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [3]
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
Send PM
Kudos
anotherapplicant wrote:
I applied for the two year program on 11/14. App went under review on 11/16, and received interview invite on 11/21. Since I am on an overseas assignment right now, I had to schedule a Skype interview.

Thanks!

Sure I'll share mine. Right at the scheduled interview time I got a contact invite before I got the call. It was the typical questions you would expect, so just know your story and you'll be fine. Questions I was asked are listed below:

1. Walk me through your resume
2. Why Cornell? Why MBA?
3. ST/LT goals
4. Back-up Plan if your original goal doesn't pan out.
5. Time for questions to interviewer

Mine was with a second year student and I had a great experience with it and we spent a lot of time just talking about our interests and goals and other random stuff during the interview. They're supposed to be 45 mins long but mine went for easily over an hour.

Hope that helps and good luck to you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kobefan24 wrote:
anotherapplicant wrote:

Thanks!

Sure I'll share mine. Right at the scheduled interview time I got a contact invite before I got the call. It was the typical questions you would expect, so just know your story and you'll be fine. Questions I was asked are listed below:

2. Why Cornell? Why MBA?
3. ST/LT goals

Mine was with a second year student and I had a great experience with it and we spent a lot of time just talking about our interests and goals and other random stuff during the interview. They're supposed to be 45 mins long but mine went for easily over an hour.

Thank you for sharing the info buddy, and for the good wishes - I am looking forward to it :) Glad to know that your interview went well!

Have you heard back from the school with a final decision yet?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
Send PM
anotherapplicant wrote:
kobefan24 wrote:
anotherapplicant wrote:

Thanks!

2. Why Cornell? Why MBA?
3. ST/LT goals

Thank you for sharing the info buddy, and for the good wishes - I am looking forward to it :) Glad to know that your interview went well!

Have you heard back from the school with a final decision yet?

No worries man anytime. I'm still waiting on my decision as I just had my interview so I don't expect anything for a few weeks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GRE 1: Q167 V157
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
anotherapplicant wrote:

Thanks!

Niceee! Congratulations and Best of luck for the interview!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply

Blast from the Past: Interview debriefs of previous Cornell applicants

Zatopek wrote:
Zatopek wrote:
Just got my interview invitation email. Ended up in the "Promotions" tab in Gmail just for reference. Scheduled mine for the 16th of November. Best of luck everyone.

Everything was pretty straightforward. I interviewed with an adcom and it seems like half interviewed with adcoms and half with 2nd years. My interviewer was friendly and asked a bunch of softball questions. It only took 30 minutes and there was no idle chit-chat, he basically jumped straight into questions after I spent a second talking about how I got to Ithaca and when.

Stuff I remember:

Why MBA?
Why Johnson?
Backup Career Plans?
Examples of Leadership?
Anything Else You Want to Share?

I'd say it was one of the easier interviews I've done thus far.

Also, I logged into my application a few days after my interview and my status has changed to "Under Review." So in 2 weeks it looks like I'll start refreshing that page on a constant basis until I hear my final decision.

kheown wrote:
I just finished my interview for the 2-year MBA program at Cornell and had a great experience!! It was a 39-min conversational Skype interview with a member of the adcom. She started telling me about the admissions process at Cornell and then went straight to the questions:

Why MBA?
Why Johnson?
ST goals? Back up plan if I can't secure a work authorization visa in the US?
Tell me about your professional experience and how you got there.
Leadership experience
Teamwork experience
How would your teammates describe you
Summarize in 3 bullet points what I should tell the adcom after this interview (I wasn't expecting this but I think I was able to cope with it just fine)
Do you have any questions for me?

They'll be rolling out admissions during December and January. She confirmed the 3-4 week witing period until candidates are notified and thought that because of Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas, I could expect a decision towards the end of the year.

Overall, I'd say it's been one of the easiest conversations I've had during an interview. I felt very comfortable and relaxed at all times.

BTW, in case you are wondering, my interviewer was in Ithaca (they take turns to offer interviews to accomodate for international students based on different time zones).

Good luck to those of you who are still waiting for your interview!

kheown

akabaka9999 wrote:
My interview for the one year program (applied in R1) was a couple of nights back (via Skype). The representative from the AdCom was very friendly and she ensured that the interview was spread like an everyday conversation. I have detailed below a list of questions that I was asked (and that I remember being asked); if there are other entrepreneurs who have received interview calls then the following may help -

1. Run me through your academic and professional background
2. Questions on my start-up (this accounted for 12 to 14 minutes) how many employees, funding, global presence, why the brand name changed (I originally launched my venture under a different name), questions on who acquired my venture and how I went about the transition
3. Why MBA at this stage, Why Johnson, Short Term Goals and Backup Plans
4. Challenging situations faced as an entrepreneur and how I dealt with conflicts at the workplace
5. Which clubs (and how specifically will I contribute to EVCC Club)
6. What do I do in my free time
7. Any questions I had for the AdCom

Overall, I believe the interview went well. It lasted for about 35 to 40 minutes. I have been advised that I would receive a notification (hopefully a stress relieving one :p) in 3 to 4 weeks. Hope this helps and all the best to everyone.

MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply

Blast from the Past: LEAD Event Experience

gbout3 wrote:
I attended the last LEAD event (Feb 4-5, last weekend). It was pretty awesome. First off, if you are invited to the LEAD event, it means you were a top applicant and are very likely getting admitted. You'd probably have to really screw up to not get in at this point. The event itself is pretty fun. The purpose of it is to evaluate top candidates for the various merit awards that Johnson offers, most notably the Park Fellowship, but they will tell you all about the other lesser known funding opportunities that you are now a candidate for. You will have the chance to connect with about 25-30 other applicants, and 5-10 current Park Fellows. I was unable to make it for the first day of the event, so I can't tell you much about what went on then. I know candidates had the chance to attend classes and the weekly Sage Social. The second day was mainly group activities- a 2 page case study on managerial decision making and various team building exercises. You will interview on campus with an ADCOM as part of the event. Outside of that, there will be breakfast and lunch with current park fellows, giving you a good 2 hour window of Q&A. The event was an awesome opportunity for me to really get a feel for Johnson and what makes it special. It isn't anything overly challenging, and you aren't going to be expected to do anything that would have required preparation beforehand (other than the interview). Just remember that you are always being evaluated, from the moment you arrive, for the fellowships. I am absolutely positive that the event is required for you to be considered for the Park Fellowship, and I think (but am not sure) that it is required for any merit based reward at all. Once I RSVPed, I was assigned a Park Fellow as my POC for the event. I would assume this is standard. Once assigned, he or she will be more than happy to answer any specific questions you may have. Otherwise, feel free to PM me for more info.

And, you get a quick decision upon completing the event. I received my acceptance call/letter today! Received a merit scholarship covering ~half the tuition, and was waitlisted for the Park Fellowship.

Full profile-

Military WE, 690 GMAT (44/40), 3.64 GPA from WVU, history degree.
Consortium RD 2 Applicant, application submitted 5Jan, received by Johnson 8Jan, invited to LEAD event 20Jan, interviewed at LEAD event 5Feb, accepted 11Feb

Super Excited!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Narenn wrote:

Blast from the Past: Interview debriefs of previous Cornell applicants

Zatopek wrote:
Zatopek wrote:
Just got my interview invitation email. Ended up in the "Promotions" tab in Gmail just for reference. Scheduled mine for the 16th of November. Best of luck everyone.

Everything was pretty straightforward. I interviewed with an adcom and it seems like half interviewed with adcoms and half with 2nd years. My interviewer was friendly and asked a bunch of softball questions. It only took 30 minutes and there was no idle chit-chat, he basically jumped straight into questions after I spent a second talking about how I got to Ithaca and when.

This is incredible - thank you for sharing :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
s7sara wrote:
anotherapplicant wrote:

Thanks!

Niceee! Congratulations and Best of luck for the interview!

Thank you :)
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
anotherapplicant wrote:

This is incredible - thank you for sharing :)

Welcome and good luck for your interview! Tell us how it went.

Note to all admitted and waitlisted applicants: We have started separate threads for you here...
admitted-to-cornell-johnson-full-time-1-year-mba-class-of-229398.html
johnson-cornell-class-of-2019-calling-all-waitlisted-applicants-229399.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
Send PM
Hey everyone - I had submitted on the 15th of Nov. My application changed from submitted to "Under Review" on the 23rd of Nov. fingers crossed now!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GPA: 1
Send PM
I have a strong feeling that next week is going to be the first major release week for final decisions.

A lot of people (including myself) seem to be going on a month or longer of waiting post-interview, and now that the holiday period is wrapped up it seems like they are going to be ready to crank out a bunch of decisions.

Let's hope for the best :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Schools: Ross '19 (M$)
Send PM
ikuzo wrote:
I have a strong feeling that next week is going to be the first major release week for final decisions.

A lot of people (including myself) seem to be going on a month or longer of waiting post-interview, and now that the holiday period is wrapped up it seems like they are going to be ready to crank out a bunch of decisions.

Let's hope for the best :)

I think it will be after the LEAD events personally, good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts