GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jul 2018, 07:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Johnson (Cornell) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Finance
GPA: 1
Re: Calling all Johnson (Cornell) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 12:39
I am really wondering what the timeline will be for responses post-interview...rolling basis doesn't leave you with much to chew on and is even worse than a decision release date like in the case of Kellogg...
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Johnson (Cornell) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 14:58
ikuzo wrote:
I am really wondering what the timeline will be for responses post-interview...rolling basis doesn't leave you with much to chew on and is even worse than a decision release date like in the case of Kellogg...

It's not rude to ask the adcom interviewer what kind of timeline you might expect to hear back in, so I would go for that option.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Economics, Marketing
Schools: Johnson '19
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
WE: Research (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 15:18
Hi,

Is the chat happening?
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Johnson (Cornell) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 16:45
SreyoshiG wrote:
Hi,

Is the chat happening?

It's over but you can see the transcript in 'Chat Archive'.

Attachment:
Chat_Archive.png
Chat_Archive.png [ 28.44 KiB | Viewed 3860 times ]

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2016, 05:47
Vibranture wrote:
The Application for 2016-17 is now open.

Here are the details:

DEADLINES
Round 1: 5-Oct-2016
Round 2: 15-Nov-2016
Round 3: 10-Jan-2017
Round 4: 15-Mar-2017

CHECKLIST:
- Online Application
- Application fee of $200 USD
- Resume
- Two required essays (third optional)
- List of activities
- One letter of professional recommendation (second optional)
- Transcripts from all post-secondary coursework and degrees
- GMAT or GRE score report
- English Language Exam score report for applicants whose native language is not English (TOEFL or IELTS)

ESSAYS:
1. You are the author for the book of Your Life Story. Please create the table of contents for the book in the space provided or upload it as an attachment. We value creativity and authenticity and encourage you to approach this essay with your unique style. Alternative submission formats may include a slide presentation, links to pre-existing media (personal website, digital portfolio, YouTube etc.), as well as visually enhanced written submissions.

2. What are your short and long term goals and how do you see the Cornell MBA enabling you to achieve both? Please limit your response to 500 words or fewer.

3. (OPTIONAL) Complete this essay if you would like to add additional details regarding your candidacy. For instance, if you believe one or more aspects of your application (e.g., undergraduate record or test scores) do not accurately reflect your potential for success at the Johnson School. If you are reapplying for admission, please use this essay to indicate how you have strengthened your application since the last time you applied. Please limit your response to 500 words or fewer.

Good luck everyone!

Is there any deadline for international applicants?
Are the essays same for 1yr TechMba?

If my post was helpful, feel free to give kudos!

Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Reviews Badge
Calling all Johnson (Cornell) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 03 Nov 2016, 05:03
Hi All,

Just finished my interview (for 1 year program at Ithaca). Overall it was a pleasant conversation. Lasted for about 22 minutes.

I have also heard that interview has more emphasis than other schools.

Some Q's

tell me something about yourself
tell me some of the challenges you have seen in your career
why do you want MBA
how do you see MBA is going to help you
What are your career goals - short term and long term
How do you see MBA helping you achieve those career goals
What is your strategy in achieving plan A
What if you cannot be successful in achieving plan A
Have you talked to Alumni
What did you like about Ithaca
What clubs, courses are you interested in?
Are you planning to do anything before your MBA starts?
What do you do outside of your professional life that interests you.
Something you would like to tell me that we have not covered.
What questions do you have for me.

Best of luck to all who have interview scheduled.

With Regards,
NS

Originally posted by nsusername on 02 Nov 2016, 07:59.
Last edited by nsusername on 03 Nov 2016, 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.75
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2016, 11:16
Great to see some of you guys sharing the interview experience. In the meantime, I am just getting mentally drained waiting for an "interview invite". :(
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2016, 11:20
Has anyone in this thread been given interview invites at any schools as of yet? I just received an interview invite for UVA Darden in the last 24 hours, and am waiting on NYU Stern as well for Round 1 in addition to having interviewed already at Johnson and Kellogg (not meaningful since they interview everyone)...
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
WE: Analyst (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2016, 11:22
I have got interview from Emory, Georgetown and UNC already. But seeing people getting interviews at Cornell made me begin to wonder if it's time for me to prepare for a ding email....

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2016, 12:24
I think I read this somewhere but are the applications reviewed in the order of submission? My application's been under review for 15-20 days but I submitted about 3 hours before the deadline.

Sent from my XT1580 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

If you found this post useful, hit Kudos! :D

Current Student
B
Schools: Ross '19 (M)

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 05:34
iasajac wrote:
I have got interview from Emory, Georgetown and UNC already. But seeing people getting interviews at Cornell made me begin to wonder if it's time for me to prepare for a ding email....

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Pretty sure they are still going through them. Don't worry about the ding until the notification date!
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.27
WE: Sales (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 09:09
Folks who interviewed already, what does you application status say in the portal? Up until the time of my interview it read "schedule interview". I did my interview yesterday, and it still read "schedule interview" for the remainder of the day. This morning I checked (I'm obsessed, I know) and it had gone back to "under review".

Did your apps do the same thing?
Current Student
B
Schools: Ross '19 (M)

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 09:11
gdyste wrote:
Folks who interviewed already, what does you application status say in the portal? Up until the time of my interview it read "schedule interview". I did my interview yesterday, and it still read "schedule interview" for the remainder of the day. This morning I checked (I'm obsessed, I know) and it had gone back to "under review".

Did your apps do the same thing?

Yeah mine says under review after interview. Don't worry!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.35

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2016, 11:17
Anybody else think they're just gonna wait until Monday for more invites? Maybe it's just me but I feel like Cornell does it at the beginning of the week or not at all. So my guess is Monday or Tuesday next week and then 14th/15th the week after for final invites.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 07 Nov 2016, 09:33
l2s69 wrote:
Has anyone who applied for the Park Fellowship been invited to interview yet? If so, was it during a L.E.A.D. weekend in Ithaca or did you have a selection of dates?

Or were any invitations sent during L.E.A.D. weekends for applicants that did not apply for the Park Fellowship?

They gave me a specific date for a LEAD event. It's during the week, not a weekend.

Originally posted by gdyste on 04 Nov 2016, 09:06.
Last edited by gdyste on 07 Nov 2016, 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2016, 01:52
I have been tracking if the table of contents essay has been viewed on YouTube by the admissions team (uploaded the essay there). It's strange that it's so close to notification date yet it has not been viewed even once!

I wonder if they view the essays of only those whose GMAT / GPA scores fit their class profile.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 03:14
Hey Guys,
Anyone interviewed as of now?
Please share your experience! :)
Current Student
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 07:24
I thought my Park Fellowship essay was very strong. I feel my leadership is truly outstanding not just in the context of that essay but my overall candidacy so I'm quite surprised to be invited to interview but not invited to attend the Lead Event in December. For those of you who have been invited, could you elaborate on a high level what you wrote about? I'm just curious as to how I might have been able to frame my submission better.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 09:34
PsychGuy17 wrote:
I thought my Park Fellowship essay was very strong. I feel my leadership is truly outstanding not just in the context of that essay but my overall candidacy so I'm quite surprised to be invited to interview but not invited to attend the Lead Event in December. For those of you who have been invited, could you elaborate on a high level what you wrote about? I'm just curious as to how I might have been able to frame my submission better.

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you will rock the regular interview!

My Park essay was about a time I was at a job without any management and my team had to manage ourselves.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2016, 11:05
For the candidates who have interviewed, how long before you think you will hear back with a final decision?
Re: Calling all Johnson (Cornell) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!   [#permalink] 07 Nov 2016, 11:05

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20    Next  [ 382 posts ] 

Calling all Johnson (Cornell) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap