Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 01:35 It is currently 10 May 2024, 01:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
I had asked for a waiver, I didn't get it. It is mandated by UCLA graduate division.

You will have to take the TOEFL
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
FROM From UCLA Students' blog: Snapshots of my life at Anderson
Hello friends!

I am sorry for being MIA for the past weeks, but I am excited to give you a quick walk through of my highlights at Anderson so far. I hope you enjoy the following snapshots!

1. First Case Competition ever

I was lucky to have been chosen to represent UCLA Anderson at the National MBA Human Capital Case Competition sponsored by Deloitte and GE. As I have told you before, my main area of focus within consulting is Human Capital, hence this was an amazing opportunity to get some hands on experience on what it is like to be in an engagement in this practice. For those of you out there who are interested in Human Capital, I have an amazing tip for you: When you are solving a human capital case, do not forget that the business objective drives the solution.

Kudos for my classmates Lindsay Meyer and Tyler Smith for their support and enthusiasm and a big standing ovation to the second years, Jessica Mowry and Richard Wang, who led the team and made this competition an amazing learning experience. 

2. First UCLA Football Game

I have been learning about football for quite some time now and attending this game and actually understanding what was going on was the perfect proof that I am right on track! Unfortunately, the Bruins lost the game against Arizona State. Either way, it was an incredible experience and I cannot wait to attend another game.

3. I am part of the best section of the class of 2017: SECTION D

During orientation the whole class was split into 5 sections and I was blessed with being part of one of the most united, collaborative and creative sections of our class. From producing a Grease spinnoff called Andergrease for our orientation skit to killing it in sports during Game day, people in this section will do great things during the next couple of months! Big thanks to our section leaders, Meredith and Joel, for helping us survive orientation!

So far, Anderson is going great! If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all, just had my interview via Skype and thought I would share my experience. I can echo previous comments about the nature of the interview being extremely conversational - it felt more like a chat over a coffee than a formal interview. And this was despite the fact that my mic cut out a few times to begin with and I kept having to restart Skype which was far from ideal.

When I did finally settle into it the questions were fairly typical - walk me through your resume, why MBA? goals? why UCLA? My advice would be to be as honest as possible as it seems they are trying to get a feel for your personality and whether you would be a fit at UCLA. As with all interviews, I felt it could have gone better but on the whole I'm pleased with the result and now its a case of fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
siri5073 wrote:
Hi all, just had my interview via Skype and thought I would share my experience. I can echo previous comments about the nature of the interview being extremely conversational - it felt more like a chat over a coffee than a formal interview. And this was despite the fact that my mic cut out a few times to begin with and I kept having to restart Skype which was far from ideal.

When I did finally settle into it the questions were fairly typical - walk me through your resume, why MBA? goals? why UCLA? My advice would be to be as honest as possible as it seems they are trying to get a feel for your personality and whether you would be a fit at UCLA. As with all interviews, I felt it could have gone better but on the whole I'm pleased with the result and now its a case of fingers crossed!

Thanks a lot for your sharing!
I have troubles picking on campus or Skype, I feel nervous about Skype :-(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
woshichailin wrote:
siri5073 wrote:

Thanks a lot for your sharing!
I have troubles picking on campus or Skype, I feel nervous about Skype :-(

I felt nervous about Skype too but unfortunately getting to campus wasn't an option for me. The interviewer was incredibly friendly and definitely put me at ease and other people I know that have had Skype interviews have said the same thing. Good luck whichever you choose!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Any candidate with an inclination towards media/entertainment who received an interview invite?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Ankit090 wrote:
Any candidate with an inclination towards media/entertainment who received an interview invite?

Originally posted by mrm37612 on 02 Nov 2015, 13:52.
Last edited by mrm37612 on 27 Jan 2016, 09:49, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Great!! When did you receive the invite and have you been interviewed already?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Ankit090 wrote:
Great!! When did you receive the invite and have you been interviewed already?

I haven't interviewed yet. I received my invite on 10/20 and submitted my application on 10/6.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Done with the interview over Skype. It was largely conversational, with all the typical questions interspersed. Overall a very good experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.95
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
My undergraduate university processed my transcript request on October 19, but my application status still says transcript not received. Is anyone else having the same issue?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [3]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
Woke up to an interview invitation this morning. Huge sigh of relief since I'm a reapplicant.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
FurrowedBrow wrote:
Woke up to an interview invitation this morning. Huge sigh of relief since I'm a reapplicant.

Congrats! I am excited for you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Concentration: Technology
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
MBAreapplicant84 wrote:
FurrowedBrow wrote:

Congrats! I am excited for you.

Thank you! You've been so supportive throughout :)
Any idea when does the last wave of interview invites flow out ? I have submitted on 10/6 and have not heard anything since then.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
FROM From UCLA Students' blog: Alumni Spotlight: JJ Haglund
This post is a part of the Alumni Spotlight series where we highlight an Anderson alum and learn what they have been up to since their time at Anderson. We will also get hear about their favorite Anderson memories and get their advice for current and prospective MBA students.

Today we are featuring JJ Haglund, Anderson Class of 2015.

What brought you to Anderson?

What first grabbed my attention about Anderson was the list of top employers and who recruited there. Before I even realized what career I wanted to pursue I was just impressed that so many grads went to Disney, Nike, Google, Adobe, Microsoft, and the like. Then the more I learned about the school and the culture, the more I wanted to be there. The collaborative environment and sense of community really resonated with me. 

What have you been up to since graduation?

Since graduation, I started working for Adobe as a PMM for the Marketing Cloud. I moved back to Utah, where Adobe's Digital Marketing headquarters is located (corporate HQ is in San Jose). I've still been able to maintain ties with my Anderfriends though - my job sends me to the Bay Area about once a month. We also took trips to Hawaii and Yellowstone this summer as a family.

Tell us a bit about what you do at Adobe.

My product marketing role is pretty typical for a tech company - a lot of messaging, positioning, and sales enablement. The other day I realized the famous "3 Cs" is actually pretty applicable to what I do. I sift through a lot of Analytics data to try to understand how customers are using the product and sometimes I do customer surveys or interviews. I have to stay on top of what our competitors are doing so I can position against it. And you're the subject matter expert for whatever product you're on so you have to understand the company in and out. 

Can you tell us what was the recruiting process like for you?

My recruiting process was mostly traditional, on-campus recruiting. I was applying to both traditional marketing roles at companies I thought were cool (Disney, Nike, Toyota, etc) and product marketing at tech companies (Adobe, Twitter, Qualtrics, etc). But I ended up getting my internship at Adobe through my own existing network. After getting passed up by Adobe's on-campus interviews, a friend connected me to the recruiter and interviewed with her separately and for different roles than the on-campus stuff. They were about to offer me a role in sales operations when the PMM job I'm in now opened up and the rest is history. Basically I just did a combination of everything they teach you in the Parker series! 

What advice would you give people considering an MBA/UCLA Anderson?

My advice would be to be more focused than I was on a particular role or industry. I was all over the map, applying to anything that sounded interesting or cool. Try to do that before you even apply to business school. Pick the school based on the job you want afterwards and aggressively pursue that course of action. 

If there was one thing you wish you would have known when applying to business school, what would it have been?

No one in tech cares what grades you get so I wish I would've known to just relax and not stress about those first quarter Econ and Stats exams! 

What is your favorite memory of your experience at Anderson?

I had a lot of great experiences at Anderson: presenting a marketing strategy to execs at NBC, the Dragon's Den in Sanjay's "Google Class", flying out to New York to present our AMR project to DIRECTV executives, the Anderson ski trip to Park City and hosting a tour of historic Temple Square in my hometown, road tripping up the PCH with my family, watching my Utah Utes beat the Bruins at Rose Bowl stadium, and taking my kids to Disneyland on my Fridays off... to name a few! It was an amazing two years. 

Follow @UCLAMBA on Instagram to get a student perspective on life at Anderson. Also, follow UCLA Anderson on Twitter at @UCLAMBA.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
krutik123 wrote:
Any idea when does the last wave of interview invites flow out ? I have submitted on 10/6 and have not heard anything since then.

I am not sure.. But there has never been a wave. It's always 2-3 at a time as per gmatclub stats. Btw slots are available till 19th Nov as of now. 8 - 9 days from now to 19th.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  36   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts