Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:09 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [0]
Given Kudos: 567
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
should i keep hope for interview invite? or its ding? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [0]
Given Kudos: 567
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
varunjogi wrote:
should i keep hope for interview invite? or its ding? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I will suggest you to wait till you get an official mail from adcom.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
Send PM
Ok has anyone else gotten emails about a calc class for admitted students and a "save the date" for Welcome Weekend?
in the end both have the "if you're admitted" caveat. I would like to think this is a good sign, but you know how Tepper likes to send a lot of emails!

BTW, I had my interview in mid JAN.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q38 V37
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
christianb19 wrote:
Ok has anyone else gotten emails about a calc class for admitted students and a "save the date" for Welcome Weekend?
in the end both have the "if you're admitted" caveat. I would like to think this is a good sign, but you know how Tepper likes to send a lot of emails!

Cheers!

I have not received an interview invite, and will most likely get dinged, but I did receive these emails. I would say this is just a mass email if you're in their database for 2016 intake. Best of luck though!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
Send PM
rcnet87 wrote:
christianb19 wrote:

Cheers!

I have not received an interview invite, and will most likely get dinged, but I did receive these emails. I would say this is just a mass email if you're in their database for 2016 intake. Best of luck though!

Thanks for your response, yeah I thought that would be the case...And hey, it's not over 'till it´s over! good luck to you as well!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi all,

I'm Alex, a current 1st year at Tepper and a classmate of Kinji's! Wanted to join in and do what I can to support you folks applying to Tepper, and I'm happy to talk about my experience as well. Best of luck in your applications!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hey Alex,

Thanks for joining us. It's been a month now since I submit my Tepper application and still no interview invite. So, should I be hopeful now?

Best
Akshay
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Akshay, thanks for the question.

I'm afraid I don't know the specifics of the admissions timeline so I can't say for certain in your case.

For what it's worth, I applied in Round 2 last year and did receive the invite within a few days, but again that's not to say the process is necessarily the same this year. Looks like you have some nice Admits already, so not to worry anyway!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I received a message with some good questions from a prospective Tepper student, and thought I'd post my replies here, in case they can help others:

--------------------------------------------------

I have a few questions regarding Tepper. I am looking to apply in R3, although I'm a bit uncertain about it since I would be a late applicant. How competitive is R3 at Tepper?

I can’t put a specific number on it, but yes, like all competitive programs there are fewer admits in R3, simply based on the way the class fills up with strong candidates early. That said, it’s a great program and they certainly do take students in R3 so I would encourage you to apply at least so that you can know the true outcome, something only Admissions can decide.

I'm from Pennsylvania, so I do want to move back home. I also thought there would be more scholarship opportunities...although I'm not sure if there will be any for R3.

I have a number of classmates who are also originally from the area; I’m not sure how much of that is those students selecting the school based on location vs. if any of it could be admissions looking favorably on that criteria. Either way though, you’d be in good company with plenty of people from the area, despite it being a very international program.

RE scholarships, I'm entirely guessing but I wouldn't be surprised if the quantity or size of scholarships does come down in R3 a bit, for the same reasons as admits. Again though, that's 100% anecdotal.

My other questions are specifically related to your experience. I'm looking to get into IB or investment management, how strong is Tepper's OCR for those type of roles.

You know, I will have to get back to you on that, since I haven’t been recruiting for IB/finance. There definitely is a good portion of the class heading in that direction, but I will ask some of them for a more specific perspective and follow up.

I have paid a bit more attention to consulting recruiting and can tell anyone who’s interested that the major firms all recruit here, McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Deloitte, AT Kearney, PwC, KPMG. All on-campus interviews, except McKinsey which holds interviews at their local Pittsburgh office.

What do you think Tepper does that stands out from the other schools? Is there anything that you were impressed while at Tepper? I know CMU is known to be much more quant focused, but I'm not actually sure what that means in terms of student life and opportunities. Does it mean it attracts a lot of quant firms or is it just that there are more quant classes than other MBA schools?

I’ll bundle this into one answer, because you did hit on one of the defining elements of the program; its analytical focus. The program is definitely rigorous and quantitatively oriented, which is a well-earned, common perception.

If you come here, you will work hard no matter what your background, that’s just the way it’s set up. The first portion of your 1st year will be structured around classes such as Statistics, Finance I, Accounting, Optimization, Operations etc., as well as the more 'soft skills' management and strategy classes. The result is that Tepper alumni have told me the school has a reputation in the workplace for MBAs with highly deliverable skills, and I believe it helps the school “punch above its weight” in terms of recruiting. It's a position that the school has taken for a long time, but that business itself reflects more and more, as decisions become more analytic-based.

A large number of people use this as a platform to go to tech companies; Amazon is possibly the biggest recruiter at Tepper right now, but there are many other people going to large tech companies as well as startups. As far as attracting specific firms, I’m not so sure compared to other b-schools, but for instance a lot of people will recruit for data analytics positions, or more of an operations focus at a given firm, but by no means is that required.

Because it’s an intentionally smaller program, the alumni network is very strong too, which becomes super important considering the MBA program itself is only two years. In my first year I’ve been able to talk to all sorts of alumni, from the most recently-graduated class to partners at firms, and every one of them has been invested in helping me, to help the program itself.

Hope that helps a bit, I’ll seek out some tips from some of my finance-oriented classmates and follow up. I know I sound a bit like a shill for the school, but no one asked me to come here. ha This forum helped me on my way to taking the GMAT and going to b-school, and now I'm interested in helping out and getting some good classmates along the way.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Interview for R2 in late January. Probably best for my my sanity to get off the site, but I keep reading conflicting stats about acceptance % after the interview. Does anybody know what ballpark-range proportion of applicants are interviewed?

Dataguru makes it sound like just getting an interview is a big step forward in the process. I would post the link, but I haven't been a member long enough

but I've read elsewhere that this is not the case
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Is it safe to assume, this is the end of road as far as tepper goes - if no interview invite has arrived?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Is it safe to assume, this is the end of road as far as tepper goes - if no interview invite has arrived?
(Round 2 that is)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
shazpam wrote:
(Round 2 that is)

Would love to know this as well :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Yeah, me too. The wait for the call is really frustrating :(
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
shazpam wrote:
(Round 2 that is)

Round 1 admitted candidates need to make their first deposit by Feb 15. We might see a few more invites based on how that goes.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
WE:Consulting (Law)
Send PM
Getting impatient waiting. Is this the end of hope for R2 candidates who haven't heard back yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
kinjiGC wrote:
Tepper is a Tech School and quite a lot of people end up in Tech companies in various roles. Tepper MBA is highly analytical and stress on Leadership is immense.

I am not going to comment on Tech Leadership role as I am still searching for the same. I need to talk to 2nd years and find out more about it as I am super interested in tech Leadership Track.

Hi Kinjal, thanks very much for the useful information you provided in this thread!

Dear All,

I have two quick questions about the Tepper's Track.

I notice that Tepper has multiple Tracks, such as Business Analytics MBA Track, Entrepreneurship MBA Track, and Technology Leadership Track. Meanwhile, I also notice that Tepper has multiple MBA Concentrations, such as Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, and Strategy. I am a bit confused about the relationship between Tracks and Concentrations. Can I say that a Track include multiple Concentrations?

Besides, I learned that students are required to complete at 1 concentration. But are students also required to complete a Track before graduation? Thanks very much if any one knows the answer!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts