GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 21:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Retired Moderator
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 10:08
smartme wrote:
Getting impatient waiting. Is this the end of hope for R2 candidates who haven't heard back yet?

It is really surprising considering the number of people interviewed in Round 1.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
WE: Consulting (Law)

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2016, 13:30
aravinth545 wrote:
smartme wrote:
Getting impatient waiting. Is this the end of hope for R2 candidates who haven't heard back yet?

It is really surprising considering the number of people interviewed in Round 1.

I think this means that this one is gonna be a ding :(
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.38
WE: Operations (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 11:55
popup wrote:
kinjiGC wrote:
Tepper is a Tech School and quite a lot of people end up in Tech companies in various roles. Tepper MBA is highly analytical and stress on Leadership is immense.

I am not going to comment on Tech Leadership role as I am still searching for the same. I need to talk to 2nd years and find out more about it as I am super interested in tech Leadership Track.

Hi Kinjal, thanks very much for the useful information you provided in this thread!

Dear All,

I have two quick questions about the Tepper's Track.

I notice that Tepper has multiple Tracks, such as Business Analytics MBA Track, Entrepreneurship MBA Track, and Technology Leadership Track. Meanwhile, I also notice that Tepper has multiple MBA Concentrations, such as Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, and Strategy. I am a bit confused about the relationship between Tracks and Concentrations. Can I say that a Track include multiple Concentrations?

Besides, I learned that students are required to complete at 1 concentration. But are students also required to complete a Track before graduation? Thanks very much if any one knows the answer!

I can answer that. You are required to graduate with at least one concentration (though students usually take two to three). You are not required to take a track. Tracks are like big concentrations, but you can only select one. To be admitted to a track, students must write an essay addressing their interest in that particular track. Some tracks (especially those that overlap with the computer science school) have prerequisite experience requirements as well.

Regarding pursuing a track and concentrations, you can absolutely do both. My friend sitting in class next to me now is in a track and planning on doing three concentrations.

Hope this helps.
Director
Director
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 22:57
APY89 wrote:
popup wrote:
kinjiGC wrote:
Tepper is a Tech School and quite a lot of people end up in Tech companies in various roles. Tepper MBA is highly analytical and stress on Leadership is immense.

I am not going to comment on Tech Leadership role as I am still searching for the same. I need to talk to 2nd years and find out more about it as I am super interested in tech Leadership Track.

Hi Kinjal, thanks very much for the useful information you provided in this thread!

Dear All,

I notice that Tepper has multiple Tracks, such as Business Analytics MBA Track, Entrepreneurship MBA Track, and Technology Leadership Track. Meanwhile, I also notice that Tepper has multiple MBA Concentrations, such as Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, and Strategy. I am a bit confused about the relationship between Tracks and Concentrations. Can I say that a Track include multiple Concentrations?

Besides, I learned that students are required to complete at 1 concentration. But are students also required to complete a Track before graduation? Thanks very much if any one knows the answer!

I can answer that. You are required to graduate with at least one concentration (though students usually take two to three). You are not required to take a track. Tracks are like big concentrations, but you can only select one. To be admitted to a track, students must write an essay addressing their interest in that particular track. Some tracks (especially those that overlap with the computer science school) have prerequisite experience requirements as well.

Regarding pursuing a track and concentrations, you can absolutely do both. My friend sitting in class next to me now is in a track and planning on doing three concentrations.

Hope this helps.

Thanks very well explained APY89!!

In fact I am part of Technology Leadership Track and I am planning for Marketing, Finance and Organization Behavior as concentrations. The CMU school of computer science is one of the best if not the best so definitely utilize the opportunity of track

In fact, I can find the advantage of taking track as part of my interview prep for Tech companies and I can strike up a conversation about subjects in the track. The classes are so relevant for today technologies as I can connect what I have learnt in classes with the projects the companies are recruiting for.

Let me know any further doubts anybody has about Tracks and Concentrations.

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/kinjal-das/

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V42
WE: Other (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 12:32
Just did my interview with Jackie via Skype. It went something like this:

• Tell me about what you’ve been doing since undergrad
  • What do you plan to do with your MBA?
  • People change their minds, what else do you want to do?
  • Tell me about a difficult situation at work and how you overcame it
  • What multicultural experiences have you had and how did they change you?
  • How do you learn at a new job?
  • Based on your research and interactions, why Tepper?
  • What do you do outside work?
  • Ask one question

Can't post everything here but there's more on my blog

Stay hungry, stay foolish
http://www.techmbagirl.wordpress.com

Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 13:57
TechMBAGirl wrote:

• Ask one question

Interesting experience. Jackie is a sweetheart and she is an awesome person. Hope you had an awesome interview.

Sounds great that Jackie thinks that you will be a good fit for "Swartz Entrepreneuship Fellowship".

Hope to meet you in the next fall if you make it through. All the best :)

Thanks,
Kinjal
My Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267.html#p1449379
My Application Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/hardwork-never-gets-unrewarded-for-ever-189267-40.html#p1516961

Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 13:59
Done with second most grueling mini of Tepper MBA and Pitts looks to be a Ghost town.

There is good 2 weeks before Mini 4 starts - Last mini of my 1st year - Can't believe it just zapped past through. It feels like Basecamp was yesterday.

Do let me know if you have any queries about Tepper. Happy to help.

Just a note: GBA (Tepper Student Body) events are here : http://tepper.campusgroups.com/gba/events/

Do start with Welcome Weekend.

Thanks,
Kinjal

Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V42
WE: Other (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 16:00
kinjiGC wrote:
TechMBAGirl wrote:

• Ask one question

Interesting experience. Jackie is a sweetheart and she is an awesome person. Hope you had an awesome interview.

Sounds great that Jackie thinks that you will be a good fit for "Swartz Entrepreneuship Fellowship".

Hope to meet you in the next fall if you make it through. All the best :)

Thanks Kinji, I hope it works out too.

Posted from my mobile device

Stay hungry, stay foolish
http://www.techmbagirl.wordpress.com

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 00:01
It has been more than a month since I received the application complete mail. Will they be sending out any more invites?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 00:30
NightFury15 wrote:
It has been more than a month since I received the application complete mail. Will they be sending out any more invites?

seems unlikely at this point. this forum is amongst the least active since that first (&only) wave of R2 invites
VP
VP
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 00:51
Dhananjai1990 wrote:
NightFury15 wrote:

seems unlikely at this point. this forum is amongst the least active since that first (&only) wave of R2 invites

I will have to agree. The schools have been very stingy this time around in giving out the interview invites.
Still you have till 23rd to receive the invite. So sit back tight!
All the best!

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 04:27
kinjiGC wrote:
APY89 wrote:
popup wrote:

Dear All,

Hope this helps.

Thanks very well explained!!

In fact I am part of Technology Leadership Track and I am planning for Marketing, Finance and Organization Behavior as concentrations. The CMU school of computer science is one of the best if not the best so definitely utilize the opportunity of track

In fact, I can find the advantage of taking track as part of my interview prep for Tech companies and I can strike up a conversation about subjects in the track. The classes are so relevant for today technologies as I can connect what I have learnt in classes with the projects the companies are recruiting for.

Hi APY89 and Kinji,

Thank you so much for answering my question! Your information is very useful. Sorry that I replied to you late. I had no access to the Internet for the past week.

Can I ask another two questions about the Technology Leadership Track?
1) I heard that the Technology Leadership Track is very competitive. Does it mean that most tepper students applying to the track are not admitted to the track? Besides writing an essay and having a computer science related undergraduate major, does the track have other requirements?

2) For students in the Technology Leadership Track, what kind of "additional courses" are they required to take? Computer science related course? By saying "additional courses," I mean those courses that students who are not in the track don't need to take.

Thank you very much again for your great help!
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.47
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 17:40
TechMBAGirl wrote:

• Ask one question

Very similar topics during my conversation and really nice interviewer, hope for the best
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.21
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 12:29
Does Tepper release the decisions rolling?

I attended the Women's Visit Day on the weekend of February 20th. The attendance was pretty good, there were 40 to 50 female applicants from all over the country and world - west coast, south, midwest, Hong Kong, India, etc. It was great to attend the presentations about the Accelerate Leadership Center, Career Center, Student Panel, etc. A bit overwhelming to spend all day with 50 type A female strangers though! :-) Emily A from admissions was the main organizer - really sweet lady and the event ran like a well-oiled machine! Good sign for how the program as a whole runs.

The current students all seemed really happy, though the building was a little beat up (makes sense that they are building a new one projected to open in 2018). My interviewer worked for admissions but she wasn't based in Pittsburgh. It seemed rehearsed and lasted 30 minutes, so I couldn't ask many questions.

At the end of the event was their Friday traditional B**rs, which was basically free food and great beer. The students came together to play some ridiculous Lord of the Rings themed game. The next day was the Tepper Women's conference. Also a well-attended event, but I and many others couldn't attend for the full time. I didn't get to explore much of Pittsburgh, but it was 60 degrees in the middle of February, which wasn't bad at all! I don't think that weekend was the norm though.
Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2016, 17:55
PuzzleChampion wrote:
Does Tepper release the decisions rolling?

I attended the Women's Visit Day on the weekend of February 20th. The attendance was pretty good, there were 40 to 50 female applicants from all over the country and world - west coast, south, midwest, Hong Kong, India, etc. It was great to attend the presentations about the Accelerate Leadership Center, Career Center, Student Panel, etc. A bit overwhelming to spend all day with 50 type A female strangers though! :-) Emily A from admissions was the main organizer - really sweet lady and the event ran like a well-oiled machine! Good sign for how the program as a whole runs.

The current students all seemed really happy, though the building was a little beat up (makes sense that they are building a new one projected to open in 2018). My interviewer worked for admissions but she wasn't based in Pittsburgh. It seemed rehearsed and lasted 30 minutes, so I couldn't ask many questions.

At the end of the event was their Friday traditional B**rs, which was basically free food and great beer. The students came together to play some ridiculous Lord of the Rings themed game. The next day was the Tepper Women's conference. Also a well-attended event, but I and many others couldn't attend for the full time. I didn't get to explore much of Pittsburgh, but it was 60 degrees in the middle of February, which wasn't bad at all! I don't think that weekend was the norm though.

Interesting observations :)

No, Tepper will release decisions by March 23rd.

I was there in the B**rs and that is one of our networking opportunities with our batchmates, 2nd years and part timers and their partners. And yes, we do play games just to lighten the mood for the weekend. I hope you enjoyed the B**rs. We have B**rs every week through out the mini and it is hosted by two clubs together.

Do let me know if you have any further queries, Happy to help.

Thanks,
Kinjal

Director
Director
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2016, 18:03
popup wrote:
kinjiGC wrote:
Thanks very well explained!!

Hi APY89 and Kinji,

Thank you so much for answering my question! Your information is very useful. Sorry that I replied to you late. I had no access to the Internet for the past week.

Can I ask another two questions about the Technology Leadership Track?
1) I heard that the Technology Leadership Track is very competitive. Does it mean that most tepper students applying to the track are not admitted to the track? Besides writing an essay and having a computer science related undergraduate major, does the track have other requirements?

2) For students in the Technology Leadership Track, what kind of "additional courses" are they required to take? Computer science related course? By saying "additional courses," I mean those courses that students who are not in the track don't need to take.

Thank you very much again for your great help!

Sure , you can always ask questions. We are here to help.

1) It's competitive and final selection is done by Head of Track who is Prof in School of Computer Science. He will be looking into fit and how track will help you to progress in your goals. Essays are the only requirement and background comes under your fit with the track.

2) Those courses are not "Computer Science" courses - I mean you don't need to code there. But if you understand code, it will be helpful. For example the subject I took this mini was - Mobile and IoT computing and it is quite interesting subjects where we covered the industry, security aspects and IoT is playing a role in industries as we speak. So if you have passion for those subjects, you might want to take the track.

I hope this answers the questions. All the best for March 23rd :)

Thanks,
Kinjal

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 06:37
Hey guys, I just admitted to Tepper but wouldn't receive the admission packet till March 23rd. Can someone let me know what the first and second deposits are? I can't seem to find the amounts anywhere.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 06:38
Congratulations! Did you receive a call or email with the acceptance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 06:43
wags168 wrote:
Congratulations! Did you receive a call or email with the acceptance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received a call on Monday.
Note: I applied through the consortium.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2016, 04:11
Congratulation to the admits. I thought we need to wait until 23rd for the result...is that we should be expecting calls in the coming weeks if we are going to be admitted?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 12 Mar 2016, 04:11

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  30    Next  [ 585 posts ] 

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: abhimahna, zee1222

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap