Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Folks! Please share your interview experience! And questions too!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 190
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Anyone with any interview invites lately?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
ashman843 wrote:
Anyone with any interview invites lately?

I had applied in the last week of Oct. Received invite on 8th. Interview is on the 28th at Mumbai.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 174 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.75
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
Application submitted on 27 October 2016, 22:15.

I sent the following query to the admission committee on 23rd November:
"
The application status on the online portal says "Application Completed."

I know that the process time is 6-8 at weeks, but I have seen some applicants getting a call in a week or two.

My question is: what does "Application Completed" mean? Does it mean that the ad com is still reviewing my app and has not reached a decision or does it mean that I was not shortlisted for an interview and the application process is over?
"

Received the following reply the next day:

"
Thanks for your email.

Application completed means that we have received all your documents.

Please give us some time to assess your application.

We will touch base with you when a decision has been made.
"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Congratulation guys! All the best for your future.

I was getting some jitters, so thought of reaching out to the people who have gone through the process.

1) I'm an international candidate, so can I just upload the scanned copy of original transcripts and later on if I get admitted, could send over the original docs by mail-post as well.
2)Would be great if anyone could PM the set of recommendation questions, would be a great for me to help chose my recommendors.

Thanks a lot guys! Really appreciate your help. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 607 [0]
Given Kudos: 141
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V32
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V35
Send PM
Guys, 1 quick question-
Are the application deadline and the date by which the referee report should be submitted different?? My referee has just informed me that in the mail from NUS, he has been asked to submit the referral by 10th Dec (when the application deadline is 31st Jan).

What will happen if the referee report is not submitted by 10th Dec?

-Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied for the MBA program on 14-11-2016. Got a mail today stating that I have been placed under the waitlisted status.

They say that I'll get a decision before the end of Jan. I have a GMAT score of 670. 3.5 years work experience now in banking and manufacturing. Is there anything I can do now ?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Saranya,

Were you interviewed or wait listed without an interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nigelneildsouza wrote:
Hi Saranya,

Were you interviewed or wait listed without an interview?

Posted from my mobile device

Waitlisted without interview..

Sent from my ONE A2003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply

Blast from the Past: Interview debriefs of previous NUS applicants

nitishgera wrote:
Got done with the interview. Lasted 20-25 mins. It didn't go as well as I'd hoped. For one, their net connection was weak so we had to shift to a telephonic interview after 2 mins into the interview. Also, they didn't ask me the "Why NUS?" question and I forgot to touch upon it :-(
The questions were:
*Walk me through...
*Goals
*Why MBA?
*How will you contribute to class?
*Scenario : a team member is not performing. What is your management style?
*Questions for them.

Hoping for the best.

jiveshjuneja wrote:
I just got done with my interview with Marie. She said that I was one of the two candidates who would be pushed for the next round. It was very quick. The questions were very straightforward.
Here is the list of the questions.
1.) There are many candidates from India with high Gmat scores and great work profiles. What sets you apart?
2.) Name one current event that happened in Asia, and one outside of it
3.) Name three companies that have originated in Asia and have a global presence that are not from your industry.
4.) What locations and companies would you like to work for and why?
5.) Biggest achievement and failure.

sourabhsur123 wrote:
Had my Skype interview couple of hours back with two adcoms. Questions were mainly targeted to my work and how will I get to my short-term goals-

Questions were as follows-
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why Singapore?
3. What are your goals and how do you plan to achieve it?
4. Which technology leader would you like to invite to NUS and why? ( Had mentioned something about technology speaker series in my essays)
5. Why would a consulting firm take you?
6. Have you interacted with anyone in your target firms?
7. How are you different from just another IT guy? Your unique selling point?
8. Tell me about a project in detail which you guided to completion.
9. Why is there a demand of the work you do?
10. Any questions from us?

That's about it. The interview lasted for about 20-22 minutes and I got disconnected for a couple of times and one of the interviewer was quite displeased by this for which I apologized but I am sure this left a bad impression on her. All the best to others who have their interviews scheduled. Hope this helps.

endysng wrote:
Done with my interview. It was f2f at NUS

The questions were pretty straight forward
1. 5 mins intro
2. Why MBA
3. Why NUS
4. Why Full time/Part Time
5. Dream company after MBA
6. Impact of China's economy on Singapore
7. Any question

Though it went quite well, I am not very hopeful

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM