GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2018, 09:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 3: 720 Q48 V41
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 04:15
Sagarkalra92 wrote:
ankitchicker wrote:
Got an invite for preliminary interview.
My question is for all the applicants who have gone through this interview process -> How big are we suppose to keep our answers? Assuming that the interview would last for about 15 minutes, and the questions being asked are general ones, should we elaborate on our answer or keep them straight to the point?

Congrats for the invite. What time is your interview.

15 minutes is a good enough time. Short, crisp and to the point answers always help.

All the best!!

Thanks! Congrats to you too!

My interview is at 9 pm Singapore time. What about yours?
Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 04:53
Got a pre-interview call invitation as well. It's been scheduled at 11:30PM SG time and I'm India based.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 05:48
ankitchicker wrote:
Sagarkalra92 wrote:
ankitchicker wrote:
Got an invite for preliminary interview.
My question is for all the applicants who have gone through this interview process -> How big are we suppose to keep our answers? Assuming that the interview would last for about 15 minutes, and the questions being asked are general ones, should we elaborate on our answer or keep them straight to the point?

Congrats for the invite. What time is your interview.

15 minutes is a good enough time. Short, crisp and to the point answers always help.

All the best!!

Thanks! Congrats to you too!

My interview is at 9 pm Singapore time. What about yours?

Mine is at 9:45pm Singapore time.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 08:02
The online application system, still shows the application status to be Application Complete. Should it show something different after getting a preliminary interview invite?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 23:19
question - why is it called pre-interview? Do they take two interviews?
Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 23:25
bishalsaha wrote:
question - why is it called pre-interview? Do they take two interviews?

Yup they allegedly have 2 interviews.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 01:24
CartmanG wrote:
Sagarkalra92 wrote:
Just got an invite to preliminary interview with Ms Chua Nan Sze. Can anybody please share insights on this round?

Also they have asked to keep pen, paper and stopwatch. I am sure this must be for some extempore.

This would be a rapid fire round lasting 10-15 minutes or atleast it was in my case. She asked me questions like Why MBA, Why NUS, Why Singapore, Where all did I apply to, 3 cities where I would like to settle, if given a chance to meet any famous personality over coffee, whom would I choose and why (not from my country).
Pen, Paper and Stopwatch were not required during my interview, although they asked to keep them handy.

Hi

Just want to ask that do we get an opportunity to ask any questions about the NUS program ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 22:47
Hi,

My GMAT score is 670. Should I be hopeful.

abrakadabra
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 22:56
abrakadabra21 wrote:
Hi,

My GMAT score is 670. Should I be hopeful.

abrakadabra

There is no application fee for NUS.
GMAT score is just a part of the application. A lot depends on your profile and essays. You can apply with 670.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 04:19
After the preliminary interview yesterday, the interviewer Ms. Chua Nan Sze told me to even consider NUS- double degree MBA programs. Their S3 asia and NUS-Peking University. They said that they will consider me for NUS MBA first and then the double MBA programs if I am interested.

Anybody faced a similar situation? Some insights would be really helpful. Need to revert to University in couple of days
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 04:22
ron92 wrote:
After the preliminary interview yesterday, the interviewer Ms. Chua Nan Sze told me to even consider NUS- double degree MBA programs. Their S3 asia and NUS-Peking University. They said that they will consider me for NUS MBA first and then the double MBA programs if I am interested.

Anybody faced a similar situation? Some insights would be really helpful. Need to revert to University in couple of days

Could you share your interview experience?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 04:27
ss20tali wrote:
ron92 wrote:

Could you share your interview experience?

It was a very different preliminary interview for me given that the questions asked to earlier applicants were all generic like why NUS , Why MBA, long term and short term goals , Why MBA now? etc..

In my case it started with 1 min Elevator Pitch and then all questions related to my profile. No generic questions were asked in my interview.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 06:52
I had submitted my application on 26th Nov 2016, but haven't heard back from them as yet. How long do they take to come back with an initial decision?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 22:42
Hey, anyone got a call for the next round of interview? By when can we expect it if selected?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 22:45
ankitchicker wrote:
Hey, anyone got a call for the next round of interview? By when can we expect it if selected?

I got a mail stating that they will get back to me in a week

How was your interview? And did Ms.Chua talk about the double degree MBA on offer ?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 22:52
ron92 wrote:
ankitchicker wrote:

How was your interview? And did Ms.Chua talk about the double degree MBA on offer ?

Okay. Interview was fine. It started with an Elevator Pitch, then questions regarding my profile. Some inquisitive questions regarding why I did not purse Engineering in my hometown and moved to South India. Then if I would like to change anything on my resume what would it be. Some questions regarding Asian companies, 3 companies where I would like to work and also three cities. If I were to invite someone for a coffee chat at NUS, who would it be and why? What would be the highlights of my conversation with him. Then ended with some questions from my side and new year greetings.

No questions about why MBA? why NUS? why Now? why Singapore?

No mention about a dual degree, maybe because I had already marked that as NO in the application form.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 23:25
ankitchicker wrote:
ron92 wrote:
ankitchicker wrote:

Okay. Interview was fine. It started with an Elevator Pitch, then questions regarding my profile. Some inquisitive questions regarding why I did not purse Engineering in my hometown and moved to South India. Then if I would like to change anything on my resume what would it be. Some questions regarding Asian companies, 3 companies where I would like to work and also three cities. If I were to invite someone for a coffee chat at NUS, who would it be and why? What would be the highlights of my conversation with him. Then ended with some questions from my side and new year greetings.

No questions about why MBA? why NUS? why Now? why Singapore?

No mention about a dual degree, maybe because I had already marked that as NO in the application form.

Mine was similar too-NO generic Questions at all and I was expecting these questions going by the preliminary interviews that happened before ours. (Though the skype connection was bad sometimes)

Lets wait and watch now
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 20:05
Anybody who completed their preliminary interviews hear back for a second interview?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 23:42
ss20tali wrote:
Anybody who completed their preliminary interviews hear back for a second interview?

Not yet. I had mailed them last week, a day after the interview. They said that we will get to know the outcome in approximately a week.
Current Student
S
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.75
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2017, 10:35
Today, I got a call for a Preliminary Selection Interview on the 13th of January to be conducted by Ms Angelyn Ang.

I was waitlisted without interview on the 5th of December, 2016. Glad to at least have been given a chance.
Best wishes to those who are still waiting for an interview call, you still have a reason for hope.
Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 &nbs [#permalink] 10 Jan 2017, 10:35

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 256 posts ] 

Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap