It is currently 19 Apr 2018, 08:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.99
WE: Accounting (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2017, 07:27
Thank you!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 06:58
rahulprasad11 wrote:
NailedtheGMAT wrote:
Rahul:
Congrats again! For the scholarship: one, did you explicitly discuss/mention it in the App/interviews. Additionally, would you be comfortable to share the range of your scholarship offer?

Thank you, I have sent you a PM w.r.t the amount.
No mention of scholarship either by the interviewers during the admission process or me. Also, unlike NTU's form, there was no scholarship related essay in NUS's.

However, during the "why MBA now?" question, I did mention that financially it was viable for me to go for an MBA and take on the burden of a student loan now.

Hope this helps!
BR,
Rahul

Congratulations Rahul.. you did it..can u also pm me about the scholarship offer?
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 07:18
I had my interview on 7th Feb. Not yet heard from NUS. When do you typically get a call for the 2nd interview? Did anyone else give the preliminary interview on 7th?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 07:26
whittleman wrote:
I had my interview on 7th Feb. Not yet heard from NUS. When do you typically get a call for the 2nd interview? Did anyone else give the preliminary interview on 7th?

Hi., when did u submit your application and what were the dates by which your referees submitted their report? Just want to know the time frame for receiving a call - how did yr pre-interview go? can u share some insights?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 07:37
nlr3169 wrote:
whittleman wrote:

Hi., when did u submit your application and what were the dates by which your referees submitted their report? Just want to know the time frame for receiving a call - how did yr pre-interview go? can u share some insights?

Sure, submitted my application on January 19th with the recommendation complete by the second week of January.
Invited to interview on 6th Feb
Preliminary interview on 7th Feb -

A 15 minute interview. What took me by surprise was the pace of the interview. A blast of 11-12 questions in the space of 15 mins. Maybe measuring your ability to think on your feet? I do not know. Most questions were common like Elevator Pitch, Why MBA and Why NUS.
The other not-so-common questions were -
If you were to have a masala-chai with a celebrity, who would that be? (I picked Roger Federer, should have chosen Bill Gates or Alibaba, considering its a business school interview :wink: )
Three cities you would work in?

Any questions?
Again, I said NO Questions. The questions were so fast and the No was more of an instinctive response. I was prepared with a couple of questions to ask, but did not ask any when it mattered the most :cry:

She said shell hand over the feedback to the adcom and they will reach out to you.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 09:28
Hi everyone!

How much time does it take for the application to be checked for submitted documents in the checklist?

I submitted my application on 30 Jan and the application status is still "Submitted online". It has not changed to under review or anything similar.

Also, the checklist has everything marked-out(X) except both my recommendations.

I am a bit anxious here since NUS is among my top preferences!

Thanks in advance!
-UTK
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 12:09
Hello All,

Has any one else who submitted the app in Jan heard from the school as yet? I know it says 6-10 weeks but I am just curious on the average time it takes for them to get back.

My date of submission: 17th Jan
Recommendations submitted ahead of time.
They reached out for 2 missing documents (Pay slip copy and passport photo) - provided on 23rd Jan and received acknowledgment on 24th.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2017, 04:56
whittleman wrote:
nlr3169 wrote:
whittleman wrote:

Sure, submitted my application on January 19th with the recommendation complete by the second week of January.
Invited to interview on 6th Feb
Preliminary interview on 7th Feb -

A 15 minute interview. What took me by surprise was the pace of the interview. A blast of 11-12 questions in the space of 15 mins. Maybe measuring your ability to think on your feet? I do not know. Most questions were common like Elevator Pitch, Why MBA and Why NUS.
The other not-so-common questions were -
If you were to have a masala-chai with a celebrity, who would that be? (I picked Roger Federer, should have chosen Bill Gates or Alibaba, considering its a business school interview :wink: )
Three cities you would work in

Any questions?
Again, I said NO Questions. The questions were so fast and the No was more of an instinctive response. I was prepared with a couple of questions to ask, but did not ask any when it mattered the most :cry:

She said shell hand over the feedback to the adcom and they will reach out to you.

Thank you for the prompt reply
Current Student
B
WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 04:49
Folks!

I just finished my pre-selection interview. Thought to share the questions, if it may help.
1) Elevator Pitch
2) Short Term Goals
3) Why Full time MBA and not Executive MBA
4) 3 Asian startups that went global
5) One role model to have a coffee chat

Concluding the interview, she mentioned that I am selected for second round and I will hear about it soon.
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 04:55
@MBAwarrior:

Congrats and good luck with the final one - pretty sure you'd nail it!

Quick Q: Could you kind share the dates (app submission, Prelim interview invite etc).
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 04:58
Mbawarrior01 wrote:
Folks!

I just finished my pre-selection interview. Thought to share the questions, if it may help.
1) Elevator Pitch
2) Short Term Goals

Concluding the interview, she mentioned that I am selected for second round and I will hear about it soon.

Congrats man, I had it last Tuesday and she just said she will be forwarding the feedback to the adcom team. Should I assume a ding then? :|
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 05:21
whittleman wrote:
Mbawarrior01 wrote:
Folks!

1) Elevator Pitch
2) Short Term Goals

Congrats man, I had it last Tuesday and she just said she will be forwarding the feedback to the adcom team. Should I assume a ding then? :|

Hey!

Congrats Mbawarrior01!

I also had my pre-interview on 9th Feb. She mentioned that she would be forwarding the feedback to adcom as well.

Do they usually indicate selection post the pre interview or is it just this one case?

Thanks
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
S
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.75
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 05:35
This post received
KUDOS
whittleman wrote:
Mbawarrior01 wrote:
Folks!

1) Elevator Pitch
2) Short Term Goals

Congrats man, I had it last Tuesday and she just said she would be forwarding the feedback to the adcom team. Should I assume a ding then? :|

No need for such an assumption, I was not explicitly told that I would be called for a second interview but I was and I ultimately did get in. There is no fixed template of response!
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 05:39
rahulprasad11 wrote:
whittleman wrote:
Mbawarrior01 wrote:
Folks!

1) Elevator Pitch
2) Short Term Goals

Congrats man, I had it last Tuesday and she just said she would be forwarding the feedback to the adcom team. Should I assume a ding then? :|

No need for such an assumption, I was not explicitly told that I would be called for a second interview but I was and I ultimately did get in. There is no fixed template of response!

Thanks for the info Rahul. Much relieved.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
S
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.75
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 05:47
This post received
KUDOS
Dudevilgkbp wrote:
rahulprasad11 wrote:
whittleman wrote:

Thanks for the info Rahul. Much relieved.

You are welcome Kartik. Best wishes!
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 600 Q40 V32

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 13:17
Is there a difference between pre-selection interview and selection interview? I was not aware there were two rounds of interviews.
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 22:44
Hi Everyone

Sharing my interview admissions process with you all.

12-12-2016 Submitted my application, complete with LOR and Essays.

17-01-2017 Pre Selection Interview with Ms. Chua Nan Sze
1.) Elevator Pitch
2.) Career Goals
3.) Team Leadership that I have shown in my Job
4.) Question related to my Startup
5.) Why MBA
6.) Why NUS
Questions that I want to ask

07-02-2017 Second Interview Round. One Lady was the Prof of Marketing, Second Lady was from Career Services.
1.) Career Goals
2.) Why MBA
3.) Why NUS
4.) Questions About my Startup
5.) Questions about any Innovative Ideas that I brought in during my Job Experience
6.) Detailed discussion on my post MBA Goals
7.) Detailed discussions about the companies that I want to join post MBA.
8.) Specialization that I wish to pursue

13-02-2017 Got the ADMIT!!!
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 22:53
harshnew90 wrote:
Hi Everyone

1.) Elevator Pitch
2.) Career Goals
5.) Why MBA
6.) Why NUS

07-02-2017 Second Interview Round. One Lady was the Prof of Marketing, Second Lady was from Career Services.
1.) Career Goals
2.) Why MBA
3.) Why NUS
5.) Questions about any Innovative Ideas that I brought in during my Job Experience

Congrats Harsh. Well Deserved!! Any scholarships? Can you please tell when you received the call for your 2nd interview?
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2017, 00:51
whittleman wrote:
harshnew90 wrote:
Hi Everyone

1.) Elevator Pitch
2.) Career Goals
5.) Why MBA
6.) Why NUS

1.) Career Goals
2.) Why MBA
3.) Why NUS

Congrats Harsh. Well Deserved!! Any scholarships? Can you please tell when you received the call for your 2nd interview?

Thanks. No info on scholarships yet. I received 2nd interview call on 6/2/2017...
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 600 Q40 V32

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2017, 21:48
Applied R1 1/26, selection interview by skype on 2/14.

Interview review:
It was a very friendly skype interview with a finance professor and member of career services. They asked the usual questions such as tell us about yourself, why mba, why nus, why singapore, have you ever dealt with a difficult employee that your managed, and what are your post-mba career goals. They asked me if I had any questions about the program and we talked a bit about start-ups, tech industry growth, and venture capital. Overall it was very pleasant and felt more like a casual conversation than an interview which I enjoyed.

I did not get their email addresses and was not informed of the next step but I assume after the selection interview they notify you in 2-3 weeks of a decision?
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 14 Feb 2017, 21:48

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 256 posts ] 

Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap