Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: ISB '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Hi,

I am looking to apply for NUS in R2. I am currently working in the Oil industry as an electrical engineer, for the last 3.5 years. I graduated in 2013 with 70.8%. How is my profile if I score around 720 in GMAT and what are the chances of receiving a call in R2.

Regards
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
kr1zhna wrote:
ashman843 wrote:
Anyone with any interview invites lately?

I had applied in the last week of Oct. Received invite on 8th. Interview is on the 28th at Mumbai.

Hi,

Did you receive an update on your application?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 190
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
ss20tali wrote:
kr1zhna wrote:
ashman843 wrote:

I had applied in the last week of Oct. Received invite on 8th. Interview is on the 28th at Mumbai.

Hi,

No, absolutely nothing. So strange.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ashman843 wrote:
ss20tali wrote:
ashman843 wrote:

Hi,

No, absolutely nothing. So strange.

When did you submit your application?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 190
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
ss20tali wrote:

10th November. You?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ashman843 wrote:
ss20tali wrote:

10th November. You?

Submitted in the last week of November. It's strange how the school takes ages to respond. They say 4-6 weeks and do not respond to emails also.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
ss20tali wrote:
ashman843 wrote:
ss20tali wrote:

10th November. You?

Submitted in the last week of November. It's strange how the school takes ages to respond. They say 4-6 weeks and do not respond to emails also.

Looks like a lot of people are facing this issue. Even I submitted on 9th and no response yet.
I am not at all happy with this.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [1]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey everyone,
Congrats to everyone with admits and interview calls.
For those who have submitted and are on the edge, know that NUS takes it's own sweet time to process applications. This was one of my major gripes with the process last year as well. But also know that your application would be given a thorough look and you will be invited if you fit the bill.
For a rough idea of my timeline :
I submitted my application on Jan 31st 2016, got invited to interview somewhere in March and got my admit in late April.

So hold on tight. Good news is right around the corner!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nitishgera wrote:
Hey everyone,
Congrats to everyone with admits and interview calls.
For those who have submitted and are on the edge, know that NUS takes it's own sweet time to process applications. This was one of my major gripes with the process last year as well. But also know that your application would be given a thorough look and you will be invited if you fit the bill.
For a rough idea of my timeline :
I submitted my application on Jan 31st 2016, got invited to interview somewhere in March and got my admit in late April.

So hold on tight. Good news is right around the corner!

I thought if we submit applications atleast 2-2.5 months before the Jan deadline, we would not have to wait this long.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: NUS '19 (A)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats to all admits and good luck to those who are still waiting for their invites/decisions! As pointed out by Nitish, NUS takes its own time to process apps as it receives lots of applications from all over the world. So don't be worried if you don't get notification/update in few weeks after submitting the application. Good luck to all!

For Admits and Waitlisted candidates: Here're separate discussion threads for you to discuss next strategies..
nus-singapore-class-of-2019-calling-all-admitted-students-231350.html
nus-singapore-class-of-2019-calling-all-waitlisted-applicants-231351.html
nitishgera - anything that you can comment/advice on job scene and work permit post-MBA, looking at the placement of your senior batch?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just got an invite to preliminary interview with Ms Chua Nan Sze. Can anybody please share insights on this round?

Also they have asked to keep pen, paper and stopwatch. I am sure this must be for some extempore.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Sagarkalra92 wrote:
Just got an invite to preliminary interview with Ms Chua Nan Sze. Can anybody please share insights on this round?

Also they have asked to keep pen, paper and stopwatch. I am sure this must be for some extempore.

This would be a rapid fire round lasting 10-15 minutes or atleast it was in my case. She asked me questions like Why MBA, Why NUS, Why Singapore, Where all did I apply to, 3 cities where I would like to settle, if given a chance to meet any famous personality over coffee, whom would I choose and why (not from my country).
Pen, Paper and Stopwatch were not required during my interview, although they asked to keep them handy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GMAT 3: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Got an invite for preliminary interview.
My question is for all the applicants who have gone through this interview process -> How big are we suppose to keep our answers? Assuming that the interview would last for about 15 minutes, and the questions being asked are general ones, should we elaborate on our answer or keep them straight to the point?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CartmanG wrote:
Sagarkalra92 wrote:

This would be a rapid fire round lasting 10-15 minutes or atleast it was in my case. She asked me questions like Why MBA, Why NUS, Why Singapore, Where all did I apply to, 3 cities where I would like to settle, if given a chance to meet any famous personality over coffee, whom would I choose and why (not from my country).
Pen, Paper and Stopwatch were not required during my interview, although they asked to keep them handy.

Thanks for such a quick reply. Will help me kick start now.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ankitchicker wrote:
Got an invite for preliminary interview.
My question is for all the applicants who have gone through this interview process -> How big are we suppose to keep our answers? Assuming that the interview would last for about 15 minutes, and the questions being asked are general ones, should we elaborate on our answer or keep them straight to the point?

Congrats for the invite. What time is your interview.

15 minutes is a good enough time. Short, crisp and to the point answers always help.

All the best!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts