Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 14:25 It is currently 04 May 2024, 14:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Tuck '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
KronicXD wrote:
mph07001 wrote:
I saw some people report getting them today. Just logged into my account, still no word.

We have any idea if there is a particular time that these have been released on each day? Still hopeful for tomorrow.

The promotional emails were cruel, got some yesterday and the day before :(

The second batch that came out the other day was around 4pm Chicago time.

Looking at the invites that have come out so far today, it was all people with military exp. So I'm assuming they were batched together.

I think you might be on to something here with the batches of applicant groups receiving invites in waves. That said, has anyone gotten an invite from the heavy machinery/industrial manufacturing sector?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Business Development (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Delyoshi wrote:
I am a reapplicant and was invited on the penultimate day last year. If last year is anything to go by, the last day of the invites period is reserved for dings. I got nothing so far this year. Going by last year and assuming tomorrow is the last day for Booth's interview activity, all my hopes are for the second batch today (evening slot). Best of luck everyone !

Doing some nervous data mining of my own it looks like you're correct but last year invites went out much sooner unlike this year. Also the year before last, seems like a lot of invites were sent out the last day. So there might be hope for tomorrow, likely false hope but have to keep spirits up some how :P
Manager
Manager
Send PM
brownbear99 wrote:
Delyoshi wrote:
I am a reapplicant and was invited on the penultimate day last year. If last year is anything to go by, the last day of the invites period is reserved for dings. I got nothing so far this year. Going by last year and assuming tomorrow is the last day for Booth's interview activity, all my hopes are for the second batch today (evening slot). Best of luck everyone !

Doing some nervous data mining of my own it looks like you're correct but last year invites went out much sooner unlike this year. Also the year before last, seems like a lot of invites were sent out the last day. So there might be hope for tomorrow, likely false hope but have to keep spirits up some how :P

Last year's application deadline was earlier.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Anyone know someone from consumer goods get an invite?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
minhas3 wrote:
Around what time are the evening invites sent out?

Has anyone from CANADA got an invite?

Yeah, I'm from Canada and just got the invite. What part of Canada are you from?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
gmatgmatgmat1990 wrote:
minhas3 wrote:

Yeah, I'm from Canada and just got the invite. What part of Canada are you from?

Congrats buddy! Just long meaning how long back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bitspankaj wrote:
gmatgmatgmat1990 wrote:
minhas3 wrote:

Congrats buddy! Just long meaning how long back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Approx 930 CT.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Business Development (Telecommunications)
Send PM
alphabeta4 wrote:
brownbear99 wrote:
Delyoshi wrote:

Last year's application deadline was earlier.

True but it was approx. the same as this year but they started sending out invites much sooner (like a week almost I think). Either rate we'll find out tomorrow (or hopefully this evening for a lucky few)!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [4]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Tuck '19 (M$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
So doing some quick digging from last year, there almost has to be a flood of invites that will come out tomorrow or one of two things has happened:

1) GMATClub applicants are suddenly extremely uncompetitive or
2) Booth is interviewing FAR fewer applicants this year

I say this because, according to the class of 2018 thread, the number of first round applicants that have a status of "interviewed" (I believe this doesn't even count the ones that changed their status from Interviewed to Accepted/Matriculating/Dinged) is 119 out of 275 applicants. There are 285 applicants in the first round this year, so I believe it's reasonable to expect approximately 120 or so invites from that, which so far it appears there are only about 30.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
gmatgmatgmat1990 wrote:
minhas3 wrote:

Many congratulations. Still waiting to hear back here. I am from Vancouver. What about you?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Bulldozer wrote:
So doing some quick digging from last year, there almost has to be a flood of invites that will come out tomorrow or one of two things has happened:

1) GMATClub applicants are suddenly extremely uncompetitive or
2) Booth is interviewing FAR fewer applicants this year

I say this because, according to the class of 2018 thread, the number of first round applicants that have a status of "interviewed" (I believe this doesn't even count the ones that changed their status from Interviewed to Accepted/Matriculating/Dinged) is 119 out of 275 applicants. There are 285 applicants in the first round this year, so I believe it's reasonable to expect approximately 120 or so invites from that, which so far it appears there are only about 30.

Agreed - my thought process was the same when I pulled those stats. Thanks for typing it out!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE:Other (Insurance)
Send PM
2017 thread had about 40% interviewed in first round too, so I'd think ~120 would be a good guess too. I guess we just give it time. Everything moves slower in Hyde Park
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Readying this thread and everyone's data analysis is driving me nuts... BUT I just couldn't help refreshing the page and see if there's any more input :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
wahaha04 wrote:
Readying this thread and everyone's data analysis is driving me nuts... BUT I just couldn't help refreshing the page and see if there's any more input :(

Don't worry my friend. I heard Booth rewards data driven mindset. We were just trying to practice before the interview hahaha (wahaha04)

Now about that interview call...anyone got anything new ?? :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V164
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
Seems like a new batch just went out without emails according to LiveWire.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Yeah, mostly in the US (barring one in Moscow).

Nothing for me in India yet :/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V160
Send PM
Oh man. I just visited Booth yesterday, travelling all the way from India and spending all those money. Hope they at least give me an interview this time.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  34   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts