Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:49 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V37
GPA: 2.95
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 293 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HBS '19 CBS '19
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 590 Q44 V27
GPA: 3.94
Send PM
Re: Kudos Points on GMATClub Forum [#permalink]
bb wrote:
What are Kudos? Kudos are a reflection of quality of contributions at GMATClub as perceived by GMATClub members.

How to get more Kudos?

If you have suggestions or comments about the Kudos system, please do not hesitate to PM me. Thank you.

Hello bb,

I would like to create a post (in which I upload my thoroughly detailed manhattan book notes) and share it with the whole GmatClub community. My goal is to help people that will take their GMAT soon and that do not have time to go through all 5 manhattan maths books, and hopefully get 17 more kudos to redeem the 3 months subscription. Can you direct me through the steps to create a new post?

Thanks,
Moulay

--
Need 17 Kudos
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
moulayabdesslam wrote:
bb wrote:
What are Kudos? Kudos are a reflection of quality of contributions at GMATClub as perceived by GMATClub members.

How to get more Kudos?

If you have suggestions or comments about the Kudos system, please do not hesitate to PM me. Thank you.

Hello bb,

I would like to create a post (in which I upload my thoroughly detailed manhattan book notes) and share it with the whole GmatClub community. My goal is to help people that will take their GMAT soon and that do not have time to go through all 5 manhattan maths books, and hopefully get 17 more kudos to redeem the 3 months subscription. Can you direct me through the steps to create a new post?

Thanks,
Moulay

--
Need 17 Kudos

Hi. That would be great. Please navigate to any forum(for your post, I would suggest General GMAT Questions and Strategies) and in the upper left hand side, click "New Topic" - big orange button. Can't miss it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 293 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HBS '19 CBS '19
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 590 Q44 V27
GPA: 3.94
Send PM
bb wrote:
Hi. That would be great. Please navigate to any forum(for your post, I would suggest General GMAT Questions and Strategies) and in the upper left hand side, click "New Topic" - big orange button. Can't miss it.

Thanks, bb! I posted a new topic yesterday. I'd appreciate your feedback on it:
summaries-of-the-5-manhattan-quant-books-all-you-need-for-the-quant-227419.html#p1749849

Have a great day,
Moulay
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Thanks for info buddy...
bb wrote:
s1d1 wrote:
Even though i have shared some of the posts on my twitter account, i have still not received the kudos?

Thank you for your question. Give it a bit of time. PM me please if you don't get any within 24 hrs and the post you have shared on Twitter. Thank you!

I'm really astonished that there are many more posts in this thread for the discussion of only ''kudos''. Why a member need kudos? Does this ''kudos'' really helpful for a member? So, what is the process to get ''kudos'' regarding sharing the post or some other way?
Thank you bb.
bb wrote:
Kudos can be awarded by anyone to anyone and are used to show appreciation, gratitude, or indication of value.
Kudos are awarded to both a post and a poster. (You must be logged in to see/give kudos)

What can I use Kudos for?

• You can use Kudos to find the best posts on GMAT Club - we publish lists of the posts with most Kudos here: Top Forum Posts.
  • You can also Sort by Kudos in each forum and find the highest ranked discussions or even highest ranked posts within each thread (they are highlighted by green and yellow colors)
  • You can also give Kudos to others - when you click a +1 button to award Kudos, the receiver gets a notification about your award. It works much better than posting a short line saying "Thanks"
  • You can use Kudos to get access to the GMAT Club tests. If you have 25 kudos, you can get full access to the gmat club tests for 3 months. Once you hit this milestone milestones, please visit this page: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/redeem-kudos.html
  • You can use Kudos to get a free copy of the GMAT ToolKit iPhone/iPad app
  • Why Give Kudos?
  • We identify the Top 10 members every month based on Kudos and publish the listing here.

Interpreting Kudos

Near each post, you will see the following information:
Attachment:
Kudos.png

How to get more Kudos?

How to check who and for what posts gave you Kudos?

There are 2 ways to see this information:
1) Click on the Kudos tab in My Profile area
2) Go to this URL: https://gmatclub.com/static/kudos-details/ and type in your username

Attachment:
2015-03-16_2134.png

- Kudos are collected when somebody clicks +1 button. If you benefit from somebody's post, do click +1, which will increase that score, both for the user and for the post.
- Only positive Kudos can be given.
- You can give only one Kudos point to a single post. After you give that point, there is no way to withdraw it or award another one. The +1 button will be removed from the posts you have awarded Kudos.
- Kudos given are usually displayed with a delay of approximately 10 minutes due to caching.
- Kudos inflation and cheating is punished by banning
- One user can only give 5 Kudos to another user
- You get free 5 Kudos by filling out your school/applicant profile and information
- We have started giving Kudos for sharing posts on FB and Twitter

I am using a free version of toolkit in my ipad. It just gives me chance to use "diagnostic test" part only. So how can i use full version of toolkit by using my kudos? I've just 28 kudos in my profile total. Thank you to all.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
I know it sounds funny but it is more of for those reading - PM me please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi bb,
Hope you're well brother. I've used my promo code, and it works perfectly. But, I can't upgrade the 18,000+ question. I've sent you (PM) screen shot, which is shown when I tried to upgrade my toolkit. Many many thanks for your kind help.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you. I received the PM.
My PM box works :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
iMyself wrote:
Hi bb,
Hope you're well brother. I've used my promo code, and it works perfectly. But, I can't upgrade the 18,000+ question. I've sent you (PM) screen shot, which is shown when I tried to upgrade my toolkit. Many many thanks for your kind help.

Please try again. Your GMAT Toolkit should work now.
bb wrote:
iMyself wrote:
Hi bb,

Please try again. Your GMAT Toolkit should work now.

Yes, it is working right now. Here is attachment. Is it ok?
Thank you brother....
Attachments

b.jpg
b.jpg [ 32.99 KiB | Viewed 2369 times ]

a.jpg
a.jpg [ 28.34 KiB | Viewed 2346 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 191 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi bb

I saw somewhere on the forum that by adding the schools in his/her profile a user can get +5 kudos.
Is it still valid?

Regards
SR
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
solitaryreaper wrote:
Hi bb

I saw somewhere on the forum that by adding the schools in his/her profile a user can get +5 kudos.
Is it still valid?

Regards
SR

You get 5 Kudos for filling out the applicant profile - https://gmatclub.com/forum/ucp.php?i=280
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
I was checking out the 'Redeem Rewards' section and by mistake clicked on the 'Trade for 1 Kudos' option and lost 10 points.

I was hoping to use my points to redeem a different reward. May i know if the 10 points i just lost can be gotten back in anyway or if i could use these points to access a different reward?
Attachments

Screenshot.PNG
Screenshot.PNG [ 25.23 KiB | Viewed 2214 times ]

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
JamieCecil wrote:
I was checking out the 'Redeem Rewards' section and by mistake clicked on the 'Trade for 1 Kudos' option and lost 10 points.

I was hoping to use my points to redeem a different reward. May i know if the 10 points i just lost can be gotten back in anyway or if i could use these points to access a different reward?

I have deleted your redemption, so you got your 10 points back.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Thankyou bb
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20717 [0]
Given Kudos: 926
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40 (Online)
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
bb wrote:
Kudos can be awarded by anyone to anyone and are used to show appreciation, gratitude, or indication of value.
Kudos are awarded to both a post and a poster. (You must be logged in to see/give kudos)

What can I use Kudos for?

• You can use Kudos to find the best posts on GMAT Club - we publish lists of the posts with most Kudos here: Top Forum Posts.
  • You can also Sort by Kudos in each forum and find the highest ranked discussions or even highest ranked posts within each thread (they are highlighted by green and yellow colors)
  • You can also give Kudos to others - when you click a +1 button to award Kudos, the receiver gets a notification about your award. It works much better than posting a short line saying "Thanks"
  • You can use Kudos to get access to the GMAT Club tests. If you have 25 kudos, you can get full access to the gmat club tests for 3 months. Once you hit this milestone milestones, please visit this page: https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/redeem-kudos.html
  • You can use Kudos to get a free copy of the GMAT ToolKit iPhone/iPad app
  • Why Give Kudos?
  • We identify the Top 10 members every month based on Kudos and publish the listing here.

Interpreting Kudos

Near each post, you will see the following information:
Attachment:
Kudos.png

How to get more Kudos?

How to check who and for what posts gave you Kudos?

There are 2 ways to see this information:
1) Click on the Kudos tab in My Profile area
2) Go to this URL: https://gmatclub.com/static/kudos-details/ and type in your username

Attachment:
2015-03-16_2134.png

- Kudos are collected when somebody clicks +1 button. If you benefit from somebody's post, do click +1, which will increase that score, both for the user and for the post.
- Only positive Kudos can be given.
- You can give only one Kudos point to a single post. After you give that point, there is no way to withdraw it or award another one. The +1 button will be removed from the posts you have awarded Kudos.
- Kudos given are usually displayed with a delay of approximately 10 minutes due to caching.
- Kudos inflation and cheating is punished by banning
- One user can only give 5 Kudos to another user
- You get free 5 Kudos by filling out your school/applicant profile and information
- We have started giving Kudos for sharing posts on FB and Twitter

Dear bb, I have recently claimed the GMATCLUBTEST by using kudos. However, I plan to subscribe for GMATCLUBTEST 6-MONTH ACCESS+E-GMAT VERBAL ONLINE COURSE. Do I able to extend the GMATCLUBTEST from the Subscription Expires: (9 Jun, 2017 + 6 months) ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13